• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Uninstalling old versions of Adobe products

Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2023 Oct 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running out of space in my C:DRIVE. I have kept all my Adobe versions of the cloud. When you update, you get the option to keep all versions or uninstall them. My question is, how clean is to manually uninstall old versions of Adobe products , and if I should keep at least the previous version of the software, in case something does not work. My Adobe folder is about 300 Gigs and I wonder if because of the previous versions or that is the size of the Adobe apps.

Thank you.

TOPICS
CC FAQ , Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The apps likely don't take all that space.

Have you cleaned cache files?

How large is your hard drive?

What are the complete computer specs, including hard drives (how many, what kind, what is on each, what capacity, and how full)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have cleaned my cache , my C:DRIVE is 500 GIG, cpu is 4770 k, I have cleaned Photoshop and Premiere.

Andres Bonilla | Photojournalist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do not manually delete old versions. use the cc desktop app to properly uninstall.

generally when updating , keeping the previous version is prudent until you're comfortable with the latest version, and then uninstall the previous version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 23, 2023 Oct 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

300gb of Adobe program files sounds excessive. When you say you cleaned Photoshop and Premiere, how much space did you free up? I wouldn't think this would be anywhere near that total number. Also, how are you cleaning these? As suggested you should be using the installers or add/remove program features to remove apps. Otherwise this can lead to odd behavior which can cause you to run the Adobe Cleaner tool to fully remove all programs and start over. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used the Purge in Photoshop and clean delete cache in Premiere Pro, I also followed the path to the media cache files and deleted those. I only free up likie 3 gigs. After doing it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is what I got

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how much free drive space is available?

what adobe apps/versions are installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not much. I kept so many of the old ones because it seems everytime I update, files from Envato market stopped working on the new version, sometimes they fix them sometimes they are unable or unwilling to do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

free space on your os drive is essential, in general, and for adobe apps specifically.

further, it's rarely prudent to keep more that 2 versions of any one app.  do you have more than 2 versions of any one app, and if so, why?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2023 Oct 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have them since 2019 but I would probably keep one or two of the previous versions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 25, 2023 Oct 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

then uninstall 2019, 2020, 2021, at least.  and because you can reinstall the 2022 versions, it's not necessary to keep any via 2022 versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines