Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unknown icons about Adobe app on my Mac

Participant ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm an Adobe user since many years. I have some unknown icons on my app list related to Adobe, but I honestly don't know how can I delete them and mainly if I can delete them.

Thanks to who will help me.

Schermata 2021-07-30 alle 16.01.17.jpg

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 31, 2021 Jul 31, 2021

If this is LaunchPad, you can't delete them, Apple finds apps (even ones you don't need to run) and adds them automatically.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 31, 2021 Jul 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

some of those are background processes that don't need icons, https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/adobe-background-processes.html.

were are those located?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are on my dashboard on MacOS Big Sur. I'd like to understand what I have to do with them considering that I didn't add them there. They appeared automatically many time ago for some reason. To remove them from my view I put them inside a directory called "unuseful things". 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this is LaunchPad, you can't delete them, Apple finds apps (even ones you don't need to run) and adds them automatically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can understand it. But I think that it is not normal that Adobe adds some icons of essential parts of the software on my dashboard. This is not a Microsoft OS, but an Apple OS. I'd like to have the possibility to hide them!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The dashboard is filled up automatically by Apple. Adobe can't decide to put things in it, or take them out.... if the app exists, it's in!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so you're telling that all the people in the world that use Adobe Photoshop professionaly in a Mac have a lot of Adobe icons totally unuseful on their dashboards. It's funny! It sounds to me just like an epic fail for Adobe than an Apple problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. It's funny how people get upset about seeing these apps, and even funnier that Apple don't give a way to stop it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 01, 2021 Aug 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I told you Apple isn't Microsoft. Apple is focused on simplifizing things. Maybe they doesn't expect that installing an app many other apps are installed. Using Microsoft Office for example nothing like this happens.

Anyway I wrote here to discover more than what I knew, but you're not adding nothing new, so maybe we could stop our conversation here. I'm also a little bit surprised that someone flagged your as "correct answer". 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 01, 2021 Aug 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Correct here means "factually correct" rather than "satisfying those who complain".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines