Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Update Lightroom 6 to 6.14 in 2021

Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there,

I have already searched the forums, problem is simple. I need my old Lightroom 6 to work due to some specific plugins and my resistance to the cloud model which I don't need and don't want to pay.

On my Mac Pro 5.1 I have Adobe Lightroom 6.14 running fine.

Now specifically for my needs I bought an old but gold Macbook Pro 2010 to run Lightroom 6. Install was easy as I kept the installer because it was already complicated the last time I tried. Now that only installed version 6.0 and the last time I did it, the update to 6.14 ran through Lightroom itself. No such luck this time.

In the forums I only find expired links and the hint to chat with support to get a download link. Support says: no luck, thanks for your money some years ago but we don't have any download links and also the activation server is down.

Is there anything I could do? Next idea would be to transfer the Lightroom folder from my Mac Pro to my Macbook Pro over the existing installation which could work but would probably still give me activation problems.

I love this dearly.

TOPICS
Activation , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Here you'll find the appropriate download links 

Adobe Lightroom 6 (CC 2015) Direct Download Links – Free Trials | ProDesignTools 

Scroll down to the section "Adobe Lightroom 6/CC 2015 Direct Download Links" 

I'll recommend to save the installation file for a further usage on a DVD or an external hard disk. It isn't sure how long the downloads are available.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Sep 05, 2021 Sep 05, 2021

Lr6 could be installed as Standalone or Creative Cloud subscription.

CC 2015.14 indicates it has installed as Creative Cloud activated.

This link may help explain how to change that-

How to convert a Lightroom CC trial to Lightroom 6

There is also a high chance you will be advised that you cannot activate Lr6.14 if it has been installed more than twice. This will require you to contact Adobe Support by a chat and ask for a Reset of Activations.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here you'll find the appropriate download links 

Adobe Lightroom 6 (CC 2015) Direct Download Links – Free Trials | ProDesignTools 

Scroll down to the section "Adobe Lightroom 6/CC 2015 Direct Download Links" 

I'll recommend to save the installation file for a further usage on a DVD or an external hard disk. It isn't sure how long the downloads are available.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I tried but as far as I can see it only downloads the installer for the original 6.0 version, not the 6.14. The 6.0 I already have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or maybe not, it is larger, it fooled me with its name. Downloading now for future use, thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright, I am a step further. As hinted to above I transferred the application file from my Mac Pro to my Macbook Pro et voilà: I now have Lightroom CC 2015.14 for a strange reason I do not understand, instead of Lightroom 6.14.

It is working, I could also transfer all my presets and plugins to be used here. Which is nice.

Not so nice is the inability of Lightroom to activate. It will prompt me to activate it every startup and when I put in my details, it goes on to the next window and tells me to create an internet connection to register the serial number. My Macbook Pro is of course connected to the internet. This I can skip for now and work with the software but for how long? Is there a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2021 Sep 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't anybody please help here? I would really like to activate it or else it will probably go defunct in a week when I need it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 05, 2021 Sep 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lr6 could be installed as Standalone or Creative Cloud subscription.

CC 2015.14 indicates it has installed as Creative Cloud activated.

This link may help explain how to change that-

How to convert a Lightroom CC trial to Lightroom 6

There is also a high chance you will be advised that you cannot activate Lr6.14 if it has been installed more than twice. This will require you to contact Adobe Support by a chat and ask for a Reset of Activations.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have manged this. I went to /Applications and clicked on Adobe Application Manager. It said that it needed to be updated. I did it. After and update it changed its name into Adobe Creative Cloud - logged into my account and suddenly I was able to register my LR6 on fresh installation of macOS High Sierra.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay so thanks to Marek and his solution I was able to convince Lightroom to try to activate and ran into the next problem.

My version is already activated on two computers one of which is not accessible to deactivate the installtion on. So my Lightroom says that I will need to deactivate on the other computer if I want to activate on this machine. I have followed every suggested solution linked to in the support documents and ended at the page where I could deactivate software remotely but I don't have any entries there. 

So I started a chat with Adobe to try to remedy the situation, remembering that I was helped some years ago during a similar situation where I could not deactivate a product and was granted another activation but the chat employee just linked to a download link for an old version of Lightroom 6 and then referred to the community forums. 

Is there any way to remedy this situation? I am so close!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nevermind, while typing this post the chat employee reset my activation on the server (that's what I was told) and I could activate my ancient Lightroom 6.14 on my equally ancient Macbook Pro. Now it works and it also still runs on my even more ancient Mac Pro :). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad you got it sorted. Yes, contacting Adobe to request an activation count reset is the only option in such cases.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines