Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updating Lightroom from 6.0 to 6.61

New Here ,
Jan 26, 2017 Jan 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a stand alone license for Lightroom 6

I recently installed OS X Sierra.  Was hoping to update to 6.61 (as I understand 6.8 is only for CC members which I am not).

Question 1, is it possible to patch up to 6.61(July 2016 update) w/ stand alone 6.0 license?

I ask because I downloaded the patch, tried to install and then received this error:

Lightroom CC  / 6 – July 2016 Update.

Installation failed. Error Code: U44M2P7

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Hi Stevei86163602,

As you are getting "Installation failed. Error Code: U44M1P7" error while installing Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 6 om MacOS 10.12 and you have tried all the basic troubleshooting steps, I would request you to try the solutions mentioned on this link:-

"Installation failed" error U44M1P7 with Adobe Creative Cloud or Adobe Creative Suite 6 updates​ and share the update.

I would also request you to refer this link:- Installing Creative Suite on macOS 10.12 (Sierra)​ while install Ad

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

stevei86163602 wrote:

(as I understand 6.8 is only for CC members which I am not).

Not sure where you got that idea from but it's incorrect.

CC members get CC versions which sometimes include new features which are Cloud only. The current CC version is CC 2015.8.

Keep your Lightroom version up to date

Non-CC license owners get ALL version 6.x updates which include support for new cameras and lens profiles plus bug fixes. The current non-CC version is 6.8 which you are entitled to install as a version 6 license holder.

So download and install 6.8.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  Maybe I just misinterpreted from the download page under the 6.8 link where it said "note for CC members only'

Regardless, this time I just selected Help/ Software Update from within LR 6.0, I downloaded 6.8 and installed.  I get a similar error below (which shows up in a log file) and it aborts.

Is there a way around this error ?  I googled the error but the suggestions made little sense...Like try reinstalling, really?  thanks again for help and consideration.   

Lightroom CC (2015.8) / 6.8

Installation failed. Error Code: U44M1P7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also just downloaded from the support page instead of trying to use the update within the software.  Same error.  Will not install.  I see a ton of references on the web of other people with this problem and essentially came to the conclusion that Adobe was posting corrupted install files. 

Well isn't that helpful. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Stevei86163602,

As you are getting "Installation failed. Error Code: U44M1P7" error while installing Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 6 om MacOS 10.12 and you have tried all the basic troubleshooting steps, I would request you to try the solutions mentioned on this link:-

"Installation failed" error U44M1P7 with Adobe Creative Cloud or Adobe Creative Suite 6 updates​ and share the update.

I would also request you to refer this link:- Installing Creative Suite on macOS 10.12 (Sierra)​ while install Adobe Photoshop Lightroom6.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines