• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is it? cc.png

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2019 Apr 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently every time I turn on my PC (Windows 10) there are two Creative Cloud pop-ups (attached image). What is it? How to fix it? Thanks.

Untitled-1.png

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 15, 2020 Mar 15, 2020

I have no inside knowledge, but what can we find out.

1. The download is from a server in the adobeoodb.com domain. This could be a fake, since it isn't adobe.com, so let's check. https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/enterprise/kb/network-endpoints.html shows the Adobe servers you need to unblock to make things work. adobeoobe.com is in there. So this is a genuine Adobe server.

2. The downloads variously say "Infanview PNG file" or "ACSee ... PNG file". This is not saying these apps are in any way inv

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marcelo,

This doesn't look like it is Adobe related it looks like ACDSee Pro. ACDSee Photo Studio Software | Photo Editing, Photo Management, Photo Editor, Digital Photography, D...

You should contact them for help.

ACD SYSTEMS | Email Us

Best,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ACDSee Pro is just the software configured to open image files. It could be any other. The pop-up message icon is from Creative Cloud (see attached image).

Untitled-2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2019 Dec 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, that's not the answer. The icon shown is just because the original poster associated PNG files to ACD See. It is adobe CC trying to download the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marelo

In addition to David’s link, this site may also help with the cc.png file:

What is Cc.png and How to Fix It? Virus or Safe?

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2019 Apr 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Every time you start the PC before it is switched off (never during a restart!) Exactly these 2 windows. Triggering process: ADOBE CC.

I downloaded the cc.png: 1 kb small, invisible (only one pixel), ideal for bad guys!

Content (read out via Notepad ++):

"‰ PNG

IHDR% ÛVÊ PLTEÿM \ 58 tRNS @ æØf

IDATxœcb 67 | ¨IEND®B`, "

Neither the downlod, nor the open brought an improvement! This is annoying!

P.S .: There is no running on the system !!! ACDSEE! Only ADOBE!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2019 Aug 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have any ACDSEE products installed, and FreeDownloadManager which handles my downloads suddenly downloaded this cc.png, from https://connect.ffc.adobeoobe.com/cc.png?t=1565191975033

Contents, (leaving out non-ASCII characters) are identical to those posted by AranankA above. Creative Cloud (4.9.0.504) is running but did not react to this download. No Adobe pages open in any browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The non Ascii characters are probably simply binary data. Use filealyze and look at the PNG data structure.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As AranankA said, it's a one-pixel png. Judging by the source, it seems to have something to do with OOBE but what it's for, what process initiated the download, where it should go, all are a mystery to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Such downloads are initiated to trigger something on the other side. It may be counter, it may be a check or some other strange use. E-mails also use or used to have such images remotly downloaded, just to check if you opened the mail.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2019 Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually have the same issue and have not found a solution. Since I don't have, nor ever had any ACDSee product, they are unable to help me with Adobe CC trying to download cc.png. Does anyone know how to actually fix this or does someone know what I should tell ACDSee support so they can help me with this Adobe CC issue? I noticed someone posting a link to some automatic registry cleaner software. I am a bit weary of those. Has anyone tried that? Does it work?

Also, I am slightly puzzled why Adobe CC trying to download cc.png would be ACDSee's problem, but I am willing to ask them again if I just know what I should ask of them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The attempted download of cc.png continues on every reboot of my computer.  ACDSee is nowhere near my computer.  I am anxious about this...help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2020 Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My PC was a new one. Built as a gaming rig, but also installed Adobe CC in case I need to do home office. So no Irfanview or ACDSee installed. Ever. But my wife has an extra account in case she needs home office so it could be she has installed it. I doubt it since she doesn't need either for work and I don't see anything related in HKLM. Anyway, I went through HKLM and HKCU and removed everything I thought not fitting there (do NOT try this at home! Deleting wrong things from the registry may render your entire operating system unusable, possibly even immediately.) and I haven't had this since. So it is something in the registry. Not sure what. I do not recommend my blind fix for anyone. It was a bad way to go about it and I think it was more luck than anything I didn't brick my OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Marcelo did you solve this issue or did Adobe staff just mark this as 'solved' without your input?
I'm having this issue as well. On reboot Adobe CC is attempting to download .png. It is clearly not related to ACDSee Pro unless my is related to 'IrfanView'... Or just maybe Irfan View is my program progam set to open PNG's.

Quite frustrating seeing this marked as solved, David_B, when it clearly wasn't and was just misunderstood by the staff. I pay good money for this suite.
Annotation 2019-11-08 170529.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2020 Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem.

Why is this marked as Solved?  It's clearly not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2020 Mar 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.  It is less frequent, but still occasionally happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 15, 2020 Mar 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no inside knowledge, but what can we find out.

1. The download is from a server in the adobeoodb.com domain. This could be a fake, since it isn't adobe.com, so let's check. https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/enterprise/kb/network-endpoints.html shows the Adobe servers you need to unblock to make things work. adobeoobe.com is in there. So this is a genuine Adobe server.

2. The downloads variously say "Infanview PNG file" or "ACSee ... PNG file". This is not saying these apps are in any way involved. This is just what, on your system, Windows calls PNG files. The name comes from the default PNG handler, and you'd get it whenever you download (rather than display) a PNG file. So, all we know is, it's a PNG file and is being downloaded.

That's all so far. So it points at a technical glitch somewhere, but not an attack. As noted above, one pixel images are frequently used as counters, but that clearly isn't what's happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Test Screen Name,

that's adobeoobe.com, not adobeoodb.com.

it is owned by adobe,  Whois adobeoobe.com as you pointed out.

because the adobe oobe folder, by default hidden on users os'es, is used to store cached user login (to adobe.com) information, i suspect the problem occurs because users now (or in the past) made use of an adobe subcription or trial and periodically something from adobe is checking those credentials.

getting rid of whatever is checking those credentials would solve the problem.  but i don't know any way to find what that is (and it may be that he cc desktop app is the culprit, but users with a current subscription should leave that alone).  

otoh, deleting the contects of the oobe folder* will cause no problems (the contents are recreated when signing in to adobe to confirm a subscription/trial) and might also solve the problem.

Delete the entire contents of the OOBE folder:

1) Quit the Creative Cloud desktop app from the gear icon in the upper-right corner.

2) Browse to the following location based on your operating system.

A) Mac OS:

/Users/<user name>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE
NOTE: \Users\<user name>\Library\ is hidden by default. To unhide see below**

B) Windows:

C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE
NOTE: C:\Users\<user name>\AppData is hidden by default. To unhide see below**

**see bottom of https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/unknown-server-error-launching-cc.html for info on unhidding

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried this but the problem persists... 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@trs_andre, which one are you seeing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This one. Just today.

(Sorry for the UI in Japanese)

cc_window.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't know what's causing that especially considering some of the downloads are coming from adobe and some from amazon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a solution to this problem yet? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2022 Sep 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still waiting for a solution for this as well...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, i am best interesting of creative cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines