• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where can I find the serial number on my Adobe product box?

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 24, 2011 Oct 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can usually locate the serial number on the back of the CD or DVD case.  If you have an envelope for your software then it may be located on the envelope instead. 

For more help locating your serial number, see Find a serial number, or try this focused search.

TOPICS
Activation , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 22, 2012 Feb 22, 2012

Which product did you install?  You should have received an e-mail which contains your serial number and a link to the download.  Otherwise I would recommend reviewing the following documents:

How to find a download link on Adobe.com

Find a serial number

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 15, 2014 Oct 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jaaay did you purchase Creative Suite Design Standard from Adobe directly?  If so do you have an order number that I can reference?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2015 Feb 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously, I spent my hard earned money on this product & I'd like to install & use it! Where is the serial number on my box??? There are a bunch of different numbers on the back of my box and they're all "invalid" serial numbers. Where is the serial number? This is ridiculous!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2015 Feb 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a problem with my serial number, too.

I bought Adobe Creative Suite CS 5.5 directly from Adobe website in 2012. My hard disk just crashed down a few days ago and unfortunately I can't find the e-mail with my serial number. In addition to that, my "your products" page on Adobe website doesn't show my Creative Suite, so I don't know how I can get my serial code. A few days ago I posted this question on the help forum and I was asked my Skype contact to get support, but I haven't heard anything since then. Today I also asked for help on your Twitter AdobeCare page, but no one replied. Could you please help me? I need these programs urgently for my university projects.

Hope to hear from you soon

Thank you in advance

Fredericka

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fredericka please utilize the contact us link most recently referenced in message #59 of this discussion.  When contacting our support directly you will want provide any alternate e-mail address or phone numbers you may have utilized to register this software title.

This type of search can only be performed by contacting our support team directly.  This type of private information should not be shared in a public forum discussion or via a request to be contacted via Skype.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much

Regards

Fredericka

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2015 Apr 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem very similar to Frederika's. I purchased the InDesign upgrade in May of 2012, installed and activated it and used it without issue. I recently purchased a new computer and ran the migration assistant to mirror my older computer to the new one. Nearly everything worked, but the InDesign CS6 application would not open on the new computer.

I see you referenced response #59 as a solution for Frederika, and I just completed more than an hour engaged in a very frustrating chat with the person at the other end of the Chat link. In short, it appears Adobe has no record of the transaction three years ago. I assumed my copy of InDesign CS6 was registered when I activated it, but apparently not. The chat rep kept insisting I had no products registered, although I was looking at the screen showing registrations for CS3 Premium, Illustrator 2 and InDesign 2.

I don't recall whether I purchased the upgrade as a download or a physical shipment. I think I received a box, and I do seem to recall entering a Redemption Code for the installation on my old computer. I have searched my old emails from 2012 and found nothing from Adobe regarding the purchase. Fortunately, the copy on my old computer still works fine, so I'm not totally dead in the water, but I really would like to get it moved to the new computer. There has to be some way Adobe has records that will help. The chat line is useless. What's next?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2015 Apr 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have bought photoshop elements 13 via Amazon. I can´t find a 32-character serial number.

elements13.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2015 Jul 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jeff,

I am unable to location my CS5 serial number.  I read this entire string and tried everything suggested nothing seem to work.  I even chatted your Client Care and the person I spoke to was extremely unhelpful and frustrating.  I've exhausted every avenue for assistance.  My quesiton is, is there a place in the CS5 program I can locate the product serial number?  I don't ahve the original packaging, the info is not showing up on my Adobe ID account and I don't have the proof of purchase as it was at least 3-4 years ago.  I need the info to upgrade to the CC suite.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 16, 2015 Jul 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nancyy76829317 I am sorry but if the software title was never registered and you are unable to locate your proof of purchase then I have no additional suggestions.  Please make sure to work with our support team directly at Contact Customer Care to verify that the software title was not registered under a different account.

Any future purchases please make sure to register your perpetual software title at http://www.adobe.com/.  You can find additional details at Find your serial number quickly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2012 May 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All my paperwork is at Case #0208242599

“Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.”

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 24, 2012 May 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just received my complimentary CS6 upgrades DVDs, but a serial number wasn't provided. My CS5.5 serial number doesn't work, and my account does not show CS6, so I can not access the serial number I need to install the CS6 upgrade. I spoke with someone at Adobe support, and they said I will receive an email in a few days with the serial number. Why isn't the serial number issued with the item when shipped? I have never had to wait to get a serial number for past upgrades since CS1, and Adobe products prior. Waiting for a serial number after I recieve the product makes no sense at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 24, 2012 May 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Davidp158 you will want to continue to work with our support team to obtain your serial number.  This thread discusses how to locate your serial number when it is available on your account at Adobe.com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 25, 2012 May 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff - Thanks for the reply.

The good news is that I received my CS6 serial number via email. The planets are in alignment and life is good.

The bad news is that Adobe's system for dealing with these upgrades is a bit flawed. Not providing serial numbers on upgrade discs doesn't make any sense, and obviously causes unnecessary frustration for geeks like me anxious to play with their new toy. I'll cut the support people some slack, during what must be a very busy time for them. However, all but one of the people I spoke to had the information correct, regarding how to place an order for the upgrade, and how to get the serial number. The on-line chat people have failed me consistently, and not an effective alternative to phone support.

Here's a transcript of an on-line chat (email, customer # and order # removed) that took over 35 minutes, with nothing resolved. The lack of attention to details is pathetic.

Subject: Transcript of your chat

Please visit http://www.adobe.com/support/contact if there are more questions for Adobe. Thank you.

General Info

Chat start time

May 24, 2012 6:42:31 PM EST

Chat end time

May 24, 2012 7:18:10 PM EST

Duration (actual chatting time)

00:35:39

Operator

Deepak G

Chat Transcript

info: Thank you for choosing Adobe. A representative will be with you shortly.  Your estimated wait time is 0 minute(s) and 48 second(s) or longer as there are 1 customer(s) in line ahead of you.

info: You are now chatting with Deepak G.

Deepak G: Hello! Welcome to Adobe Customer Service.

Deepak G: Hi David.

Deepak G: May I know where was the software purchased from?

David: Directly from Adobe. I upgraded to CS5.5 last month, and this is regarding the complimentary upgrade to CS6.

Deepak G: Thank you for the information.

Deepak G: Please click on this link for more information. 

Deepak G: Did you get the link?

David: I don't need to order the upgrade, as I have already received it. I want to install the upgrade, but it did not come with a serial number.

Deepak G: Let me check on this.

Deepak G: May I know where was the software purchased from?

David: As I stated earlier, I purchased directly from Adobe.

Deepak G: Thank you for the information.

Deepak G: Please allow me 2-3 minutes while I check the information for you.

Deepak G: Thank you for staying online.

Deepak G: Have you opened the box?

David: Yes.

Deepak G: May I know for which Adobe software you are looking for the serial number?

David: I am trying to upgrade my CS5.5 to CS6.

Deepak G: Okay.

Deepak G: Are we still connected?

David: Yes.

Deepak G: Is there anything else I can help you with?

David: You haven't helped yet me with what I contacted you about....

Deepak G: May I know If you have opened the CS  6 box?

David: Yes, I have opened the box.

Deepak G: For the boxed product the serial number will be on the reverse side of the CD-ROM/DVD-ROM disc case or on a sticker on the CD/DVD sleeve.

David: As stated earlier, this did not come with a serial number.

Deepak G: On the reverse side of the box if you have shipped the box to you and the serial number is a 24-digit long number.

David: I have already stated TWICE that a serial number was NOT included. This discussion is going nowhere and taking up too much time. I will deal with this later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Davidp158 very happy to hear that you have received your Creative Suite 6 serial number.  Thank you very much for the feedback as well.  I will certainly pass the information on for discussions regarding the post announce upgrade process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 24, 2012 Oct 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

God help me in that case as I spent an hour on the phone to Adobe on Friday to no avail as I too have no serial number.   Couldn't face it on Monday.  I am now about to try again... why can't we have an a call centre with people who understand what we say????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 24, 2012 Oct 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ChristinaSK which Adobe product did you purchase?  Did you purchase a Student and Teacher Edition of the software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe have screwed up. They've sent out some/all CS6 upgrades from CS5.5 WITHOUT serial numbers or anything to indicate what to do.

You'd imagine that with a record of everyone who's got an upgrade (CS6 from CS5.5) they'd email these customers ASSAP to apologise and let their customers now that they were ' on the problem ' ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2012 Dec 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased my Photoshop Elements 9 with my HP computer.  I recently had to return to factory settings because of a virus.  I want to reinstall my Photoshop- but I can't find my serial number.  Is there a way to get a new one??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 22, 2014 Jan 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I use the trial version of CS6 to start with and purchase the full version. so I activate on top of the trial. Then I lost my licence key.

I am chaning to a new PC and so I need to deactivate then reactivate. I run a software on my old machine and try to pick up the licence key and it only picked up the trail version one.

is that anyway I can get the full version licence key back please?

The version is CS6 standard.

many thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 22, 2014 Jan 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instantnoodle please re-review the first post in this discussion for links on how to locate your serial number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2014 Feb 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I located my serial on my mac computer (not sure if it's same for PC). I have Adobe CS 5.5.

Go to HELP > SYSTEM INFO in photoshop or illustrator.

In photoshop, it's about 30 lines down, blended in with a bunch of information, but will say "serial:xxx".

In Illustrator, scroll down and you will see some line breaks and it will say "serial:xxx"

Hope this helps.

DH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2014 Jul 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I located my serial no. in Photoshop and illustrator, But where could i find it in indesign and acrobat pro?

Indesign doesn't have system info, as well as my Adobe Acrobat Pro. Please give me tips on how to get it through the help, system info or software, as i lost my box

with the serial no. in it and don't want to contact customer care anymore.

Please advise and email me.

<Removed by Moderator>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 13, 2014 Aug 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The process is identical for InDesign and Acrobat Edinabilay.  Please review the links and directions within this discussion.  If you continue to face difficulties then please contact our support team directly at http://adobe.ly/1aYjbSC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2014 Jun 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff,

I like some of the posts above lost my serial number to my CS5.  I got a virus and it wiped my entire hard drive.

I bought the product in the box version and lost the box, along with the serial number.  I checked my email and apparently never got an email with the serial number in it, I also checked my AdobeID account and the product is not listed.  Is there any way to get a new serial number?  Also it is really difficult to find the link to chat with a live agent if you can't help me can you please send that link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 27, 2014 Jun 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Connor_mcgarry if you have lost your serial number then please contact our support team at Contact Customer Care.  If the account which has your registered serial number is not able to be located then please have you proof of purchase available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines