• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where is the Encore replacement?

New Here ,
Oct 06, 2021 Oct 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or at least give me a serial number for the software that I AM PAYING FOR! Encore CS6.

No replacement, just sorry? But you can buy Elements, sorry, not included in Creative Cloud?

Hmmm, I need to find other software to make DVDs, kiss the photoshop dynamic link goodbye, and still pay $636 per year? If I need to buy software to make DVDs and blurays and don't have photoshop menu linking I will now be forced to learn other ways to make my discs and menus, and Resolve is very easy to use for basic video work. Looks like once I get a new disc authoring software working to my liking I could save $636 per year! Adobe, are you listening? Please don't force many legacy users to leave you.

TOPICS
Activation , Creative Cloud , Feature request , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe licensed parts of Encore from another company... that license was cancelled when the other company was sold, so CS6 was the end for Encore

If you had purchased Premiere Pro CS6 your Encore would still work... but Encore as part of a Cloud subscription is no more

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_DVD_authoring_software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no replacement for legacy CS6 Encore, sorry.  

There are plenty of apps for making DVD/BluRay if you have the equipment for it.  But most people have little or no need for disks these days which have been replaced by digital downloads and streaming.  In fact, most new computers don't have an optical reader anymore. 

https://dvdcreator.wondershare.com/dvd-tips/free-blu-ray-burning-software-for-windows.html

https://www.cyberlink.com/products/power2go-platinum/features_en_US.html?r=1

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to find other software to make DVDs

Out of interest, who is using the DVDs that you're creating? Given the ubiquity of downloads, streaming and Cloud file sharing, I wonder who still uses DVDs.

I'm genuinely curious.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

I know several people who will get DVDs. Most of it doesn't have access to the internet and so they can't use streaming, downloads and so on. Some of these are also living in locations with slow internet connection. 

In my opinion, there will be a need for DVDs for a long time to come. However, there will be less and less.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 07, 2021 Oct 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My latest computer does not even have a DVD reader, and the last time I did a DVD is aeons ago. But yes, if you want to have a DVD authoring software, you should hurry because they will soon be out of business. My latest films that need to be played on TV sets, I provided USB sticks. That's working fine.

Personally, for feature films, I still prefer DVDs to all other media.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines