• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where to find downloadable application updates for CS4?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Adobe Creative Suite 4 Master Collection. Recently, I lost all setup and update file for CS4.

I was able to get the "latest" CS4 complete installer, but it does not include the latest updates available for CS4.

For example Photoshop: the CS4 complete installer includes Photoshop with version 11.0.0, but there is 11.0.2 available. I found the update on Adobe - Photoshop : For Windows

However, this is just Photoshop, and I would like to receive the URLs for the other products.

The support refuses to give me the URLs, just trying to forward me to this forum.

Do anyone of you have (some) URLs for the product updates for me? Off course I found the product support pages, but was not able to locate the update page (the one mentioned above).

Edit: Here are some URLs, I figured out by just incrementing the product number within the URL:

URLs für PS, AE, Ai, ID

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Important Warning: Both updates, InDesign (6.0.6) and Soundbooth (2.0.1) will reject the license serial after update. I had to uninstall them and reinstall them again in order to use them.

Edit 2: Even if the InDesign version indicates it is a CS6 release, the 6.x version tree actually relates directly to CS4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could also turn back the clock on your operating system to sometime in 2008 or 2009 and then use the actual Help>Updates from within one of the cs4 applications. Just don't forget to reset the system clock to the correct time after completing all the updates.

Not the best advice, but some updates are simply not found anywhere on the adobe site and can only be obtained using Help>Updates from within one of the adobe applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 09, 2020 May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's 2020.  Those links are all obsolete now.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this query to Downloading, Installing, Setting Up​ community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 09, 2019 Jun 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All the files are missing on the server. At least for ID. The pages are still there, but downloading produces a 404 error.

Does anyone still have them available? I unfortunately seem to have deleted them....
Or better - could Adobe PLEASE make them available again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe removed old links from public view https://theblog.adobe.com/changes-to-creative-cloud-download-availability

-also read https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-limits-software-downloads.html

How to get a previous version... Read reply #10 https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2620448

-Also read https://helpx.adobe.com/in/download-install/kb/downloaded-older-app.html

-And https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/find-downloaded-file-app.html

-OR... Go to https://www.adobe.com/about-adobe/contact.html

-click on the Chat bot on the bottom right hand corner of the first screen

--the chat bot is the circle with a funny looking box with 3 dots inside

-click on Downloading or Installing, then type Agent

Do NOT let the support agent tell you to come to the forums for help... no user in a public forum has access to Adobe's internal links, you MUST obtain the program and update links from Adobe support

AND when you finally do have a download link, be sure to copy every file you download to an external drive (or 2 or 3) so you never have to hunt for download links if they are moved again... also make a text file containing ALL of your serial numbers and copy that file as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much, John T Smith​.- The chat seems to have settled it, waiting for the download to finish! I realized I had the files on an external drive that is hardly accessible anymore, so it'll be a BD!

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 10, 2019 Jun 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, what I got now is what I already had, apparently. The full suite, but still the old versions - ID 6.0, although I SPECIFICALLY asked for the update files ONLY.
Looks like I'll have to try this again.,.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like none of those files are available anymore. At least the ones that I'd need - all I can get is a non-updated Creative Suite. Asking support for the update files twice has only gotten me so far! I described my problem precisely and that I just got an entire Suite for download, so I got to download the same thing again.

So - does anyone have those files available, still, and would care to pass them on? Caltan0​ ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The solution to ALL those problems: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2314267

1. Set the system time to May 31st, 2013 in the control panel.
  2. Check for Updates
  3. wait a couple of hours (SLOW server), including 2 reboots, for all Updates to finish...

Riduculous. I wasted a whole day, easily.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2022 Nov 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Works!!! Changed date and updates where found and updated successfully!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines