• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why do I have to pay to cancel a monthly subscription?

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I only needed Creative Cloud for one semester. My professor said it would be very affordable, but it's really not. I don't need Adobe anymore for school, so I tried to cancel it. Why are they making me pay $75 to cancel my monthly subscription? And why doesn't Adobe provide more informations and updates about their contracts? I feel like Adobe is taking advantage of students who need the software. Can someone please explain why this is okay?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

When you click to agree while buying a subscription, that means you are supposed to have read the terms Legal subscription terms | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you click to agree while buying a subscription, that means you are supposed to have read the terms Legal subscription terms | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate your response. I don't think the link quite answered all of my questions, but thanks anyway!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2022 Apr 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Think that this is a cop out, stating that its in the terms and conditions. Hiding these details in pages and pages of legal jumbo jumbo terms and conditions. Things as critical as this should be listed clearly and at the least have a seperate tick box for them so that you know exactly what you are agreeing to when you sign up. Using the insane and deceptive excuse of "its in the terms and conditions" is bordering on unethical and immoral. Let's put it this way have everyone at Adobe sign a document stating that they have read the terms and conditions of every subscription, insurance, loan and every service they have accepted the terms and conditions of and completely read them and then I will concede that I should have completely read them. Not to mention clearly this is not the first time it has happened and it won't be the last. That in itself shows an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 03, 2022 Apr 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you choose the cheap full year subscription, rather than the expensive month-at-a-time subscription, don't be surprised if there is a cancellation fee. Otherwise, who would buy the more expensive month-at-a-time subscription.  Assume ALL subscriptions are for a fixed term (Adobe or other subscriptions) and always check cancellation fees. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankyou for the response but as I clearly said it should be made more clearer because there are so many posts on and off these forums about this exact issue so clearly there is an issue. It's not about the cheap and expensive one when that did not appear as an option when a person signed up or if it is that hard to find why one is cheap or expensive. That aside being Adobe it should always be a concern and seem to good to be true when it seems (for want of a better word and to use your words) cheap.

As is always the case you should never assume anything and checking the cancelation fees would be so much easier if it was just put in at the start and not hidden in pages and pages of nonsensical terms and conditions. I do take the responsibility for this will continue the subscription but it does leave a less than pleasant taste in ones mouth.

For me it is a lesson learned and I thought that I had signed up for a subscription that was cancel at any time but clearly that was my mistake. I never saw a cheap or dear option just a yearly or monthly subscription. Had I at least seen a cancelation fee it may have prompted me to look further. 

Having said all that and as mentioned it is a lesson learned now and I may have considered the more expensive option had I been aware of it because of the infrequent use of the product. Needless to say that in 8 months I will seriously look at other options and cancel Adobe (for example GIMP) if this is how they want to treat and respond to their customers after all it is so not hard to just put in a line of code to remind the customer or get them to tick acknowledging that this subscription does or does not have a cancelation fee. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2022 Jun 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree.... Not being clear about this seems pure evil to me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines