• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

WHY IS IT THAT ADOBE OFFERS POOR ASSISTANCE ON OLDER PRODUCTS?

New Here ,
Nov 30, 2011 Nov 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Dreamweaver CS3 which I upgraded from an earlier version. The other day my computer crashed and after I have rebuilt and reloaded all the othe programs I have, it's only dreamweaver I cannot reload, nor can I get any help from Adobe. Apparently something happened in the configeration so I am held up and frustrated because their is no clear method for me to get help from Adobe.

That will be a big mistake Adobe, I go somewhere else and make sure many will know of poor service.

Bill

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delete the preferences. They don't get wiped during uninstall/reinstall and may be damaged. If not present, all programs wil lcreate new ones with default settings.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mylenium has a great suggesion Bfowler.  Which operating system are you using and I can direct you to correct location for the preference files for Dreamweaver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows XP.

The drive was not wiped just certain sections, then we reloaded the

operating system and reloaded all the programs. Drteamweaver is the only

system that has given me a problem. That is why I went back to them for

support. We are using Dreamweaver CS3.

Thanks for the advice and help,

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correction.

We did not wipe out the programs or systems. We wiped the operating system

and then reloaded it. Afterwards I reconnected the other programs to the

operating system.

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Under Windows XP you can locate the preferences at C:\Documents and Settings\<UserName>\Application Data\Adobe\Dreamweaver CS3.  If you don't see the Application Data folder then you will want to go under Tools>Folder Options and choose the View Tab.  Under the View tab select the item which is labeled, "Show hidden files, folders, and drives," and then click ok.

Btw how did you reconnect the Applications to the Operating System?  For Windows XP if someone needs to reinstall the OS I would typically recommend backing up all your files and doing a format of the hard drive. This would then be followed by reinstalling the OS and then each of the Applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines