• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why must I activate my Adobe Acrobat every time I try to view a PDF?

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2011 Nov 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There! I have reinstalled my Adobe Acrobat 7.0 Standard, as a recent work network upgrade removed all non-standard programs from our computers. The installation process included having to activate it, which I did. Since then, almost every time I need to open and view a PDF, I get the activation warning and have to activate again. Sometimes it works, and I can continue to view the PDF. Sometimes the activation screen warns that I have activated too many times and shuts down! Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 29, 2011 Nov 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it never activates properly, meaning the pertinent data is not stored permanently. Could be anything from local user privileges to networking stuff. Talk to your IT again. They probably made a mess with whatever they did. Activation requires admin priviliges at least for the first time...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2011 Nov 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You might want to have your IT department ensure that you have write access to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Adobe Systems\Product licenses\.  This is where Acrobat 7 is storing the activation data.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines