• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows 10 bluescreens when installing Photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the past couple hours I've been attempting to install Photoshop, but it keeps giving bluescreening with multiple different stop codes between 30% and 65%. I've tried updating Windows to the latest version, updating the drivers of my GPU, my SSDs, ran System File Checker, but it keeps crashing my computer. So far I've gotten the following codes:

KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION

SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

And my system specs if you need it:

Windows 10 Pro (64 Bit)

version 10.0.19042 Build 19042

Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT

BIOS Version: American Megatrends 2802 (10/21/2020)

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060

I've already had Creative Cloud and Premier Pro installed for a while now; this is entirely new.

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Okay so I managed to fix it, albeit in a more direct method.

I initially missed that the BSOD was being caused by a BitDefender driver; I don't even own BitDefender so I don't know why I even had it. I had that removed, and Photoshop installs just fine now.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Johann, can you please clarify whether you are installing Photoshop CC through the Creative Cloud desktop app, and it is crashing during the download and install process?  Or are you seeing the crashes when you open Photoshop CC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm installing Photoshop CC via the Creative Cloud app, and it crashes during the installation process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for clarifying, Johann.  It is pretty rare for the entire Creative Cloud desktop app to quit unexpectedly during the download and install process. The files used by the Creative Cloud desktop app must have taken some significant damage.

Please see https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-missing-damaged.html for steps you can take to remove and reinstall the current installation of the Creative Cloud desktop app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The CC app doesn't just close, it crashes the whole computer in a BSOD. I'll try what you put forward though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand, Johann, but I can tell you that this behavior has been unseen in our community forum since the release of the Creative Cloud desktop app. 

If reinstalling the Creative Cloud desktop app is unsuccessful, you may want to focus on the fundamentals. First, run a hardware test on the computer itself.  You already ran the system file checker, so backing up any critical files and then reinstalling Windows 10 might be another option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay so I managed to fix it, albeit in a more direct method.

I initially missed that the BSOD was being caused by a BitDefender driver; I don't even own BitDefender so I don't know why I even had it. I had that removed, and Photoshop installs just fine now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent, thanks for the update, Johann!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

According to Google there is a free version of that program... so it MAY be that it was 'bundled' when you downloaded another program and you didn't notice the extra install

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines