• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows 10 breaks CC apps - MSVCR100.DLL not found

Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2015 Jul 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I did the Windows 10 upgrade today and nothing in CC is working correctly.  My older versions works fine, CS6 Photoshop runs.  But now, Lightroom CC, Photoshop CC, and the CC app itself are broken.

Lightroom AND Photoshop give the errors: The program can't start because MSVCR110.dll is missing, MSVCP110.dll is missing

Normally that message is fixed by running the C++ redistributable, but not this time.  I tried that and had no luck.

I notice the files DO exist, inside c:\windows\SysWOW64

I tried copying the files into \Windows\System32 but that didn't work, the program just crashes on launch.

Additionally, the main CC app, where you download and update programs, failed with a 'network error' for all updating (my  network is fine btw).

Any thoughts?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 30, 2015 Jul 30, 2015

I'm glad it looks like 2012 was the culprit.

This was a new version of an old problem.  It's true articles could be found by doing a google search, but the results were mixed, varied and dated.  There were far more articles suggesting to install other versions of Visual C++ than the 2012.  This very post suggests otherwise.  I even ran each installer a couple of times prior to going through a "clean" install of each.

Luckily, or unluckily for me, the solution became pretty clear when I installed

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be sure  you have the latest versions of the CC products. Many of them have had Windows 10 compatibility updates in the last couple days.

Creative Cloud Help | Creative Cloud desktop app | Release Notes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative Cloud erroneously tries to install the Microsoft C++ 2008 Redistributable which does not work with Windows 10.   Unless another piece of software has already installed it, you will need to first install the 2010 versions first before installing Creative Cloud.

Download Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package (x64) from Official Microsoft Downloa...

Download Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86) from Official Microsoft Downloa...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This didn't work for me. I'm still getting this error. I installed the package, restarted the computer, reinstalled Photoshop, and still having this error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A little of an expansion here.  This is a compatibility issue affecting not just Adobe.  Autodesk packages seemed to have the same problems.

The install of Visual C++ 2010 SP1 didn't fix this for me.  Neither did attempting to run the installs for 2005, 2008, 2012 or 2013 over the top of existing installs. 

What did work was uninstalling all instances of Visual C++ and then reinstalling them all making sure I right clicked and ran as admin.  Each installer is available where Edgett007's links take you.

Just for clarity, this is what worked for me.  I did it in this order:

1. 2010 - suggested here - did not work

2. 2008 - suggested elsewhere - did not work

3. 2013 - did not work

4. 2005 - did not work

5. 2012 - worked

This seemed to resolve all errors for Adobe, Autodesk and I'd guess everyone else.  Fingers crossed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, someone noted the 2012 download in another message, and that worked for me, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2015 Jul 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 2012 redistributable worked for me as well. It can be found here:

That is a Visual Studio C++ runtime DLL.  It is mentioned all over the place if you Google the name of the DLL.  For example: How do I fix missing MSVCP110.dll file??? - Microsoft CommunityYou could try downloading the re-distributable package from Microsoft here: Download Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4 from Official Microsoft Download..., and install it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad it looks like 2012 was the culprit.

This was a new version of an old problem.  It's true articles could be found by doing a google search, but the results were mixed, varied and dated.  There were far more articles suggesting to install other versions of Visual C++ than the 2012.  This very post suggests otherwise.  I even ran each installer a couple of times prior to going through a "clean" install of each.

Luckily, or unluckily for me, the solution became pretty clear when I installed Visual C++ 2012 last.  I'm sure tons of people came to the same solution on their own, but this seemed like as good a place as any to post.  It might even be moot already.  Microsoft could have pushed a patch already.  They do that sometimes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2015 Sep 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you dude, you're the lifesaver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2016 Jan 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, VC++ 2012 worked for me too.

Thanks michael_godfrey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has also just published a Windows 10 compatibility FAQ that might help ....

Windows 10 and Adobe Creative Cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not particularly. It doesn't say anything about the problems some people are having with Visual C++ and the subject of this (and other) threads.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 12, 2015 Aug 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shelley,

Adobe has a help page about this now, with the fix:

Creative Cloud Help Error in MSVCR110.dll opening Adobe apps in Windows 10

A link to this page is included in the "any known issues?" section of the FAQ that Brad posted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2015 Aug 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally it worked for me, but intead of installing the x64 version of Download Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4I had to use the x86. I figured it out when I found the missing DLL in the x86 System Folder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 10, 2015 Aug 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 29, 2015 Sep 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I the same problem of a prompt saying that msvcp110.dll was missing stopping Premiere Pro from running after upgrading to Windows10. I found the file in "C:\Windows.old\windows\System32" and copied it into "C:\Windows\System32" and it worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2015 Dec 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me too. ty.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 02, 2015 Oct 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone else have more ideas?? I tried installing and un-installing every version. Even copied the file from another PC I have with windows 10 that runs AE just fine. No luck. I have tried all the downloads from Michrosoft and nothing works. I tried reinstalling AE as well.

AE just keeps giving me the same thing over and over. Anyone find another solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2019 Dec 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know it is too late but "Sharing is Caring" and so I would like to share my thoughts on it. This is a common error one can come through TO FIX IT you need to download the updated version of msvcr100.dl error and need to find first find the source of the error occurrence. The error might occur due to different reasons it could pop-up as below:

• “Msvcr100.dll Not Found”
  • “This application failed to start because msvcr100.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.”
  • “Cannot find [PATH]\msvcr100.dll”
  • “The file msvcr100.dll is missing.”
  • “Cannot start [APPLICATION]. A required component is missing: msvcr100.dll. Please install [APPLICATION] again.”

After this, you can just go to a step by step process to fix msvcr100.dll error. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2016 Jan 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing so far from this thread has worked is there anything else cause I'm very puzzled by this one

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2016 Jan 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2016 Feb 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this download.  Surprisingly, it took 10 seconds to download and fixed the issue w/o a pc restart.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines