• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe CC thinks my Local Hard Drive is a Network Location

Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2017 Feb 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is nothing, no page, no nothing about my Issue, except for an entry in the Documentation, which, unfortunately, doesn't help at all. This is one of the weirdest errors I've encountered with a program to date:

Whenever I want to install Illustrator on my new SSD, I get the error "Specified installation directory is a network location" with exit code/error code 176:

Exit Code: 176

-------------------------------------- Summary ----------------------------

• 2 fatal error(s), 0 error(s), 0 warnings(s)

FATAL: Can't install to a network location

FATAL: Error occured in install product workflow with error code 176 error message

Though, my SSD is a local drive connected with the standard SATA3 Cables - there's no networking going on at all over there.

The only thing I could think of here is, that I had them installed on another drive which then I had to remove and that messed something up. That said, I had to manually delete all the entries in the Registry as the program (Illustrator) was still shown as Installed, but couldn't be launched as the drive was missing. I can install other products fine, I *have* changed my Temp and Program Data folders to the new Drive I got as a replacement.

How do I resolve this? Thanks in Advance!

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 12, 2017 Mar 12, 2017

Alright, I did, infact, get an answer.

The thing is, Adobe still has a copy saved in the registry as "installed", yet the harddrive it was on isn't in the computer anymore.

Here's what you'll have to do:

Try to run the Adobe CC Cleaner Tool via this link: http://download.macromedia.com/SupportTools/Cleaner/win/AdobeCreativeCloudCleanerTool.exe

(or https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html) And try to ""uninstall"" ALL products given there if these are the

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS are you using?

Is the drive connected to a port that is set as a RAID array?

Is the drive connected to a port that is not included in the standard Chipset, IE on a port that is included in an add-on chip?

When was the last time you rebooted your system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im using Widnows 10, my Drives arent set up as a raid. They are connected to the standart chipset via SATA III, I didn't change anything there.

It's worth noting that this only happens to Illustrator, Photoshop and Dreamweaver as far as I'm aware now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems I can't edit threads, and I dont know why this question was marked as "might be answered", but the problem remains. Also, I frequently reboot my system (every 12h-24h)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont know why this question was marked as "might be answered"

I fixed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You didn't

but the problem remains

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Merlin+Reza+Druzinec  wrote

You didn't

but the problem remains

I meant that I marked it as "unanswered' instead of "assumed answered."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2017 Feb 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I meant that I marked it as "unanswered' instead of "assumed answered."

Thank you! I think i got that wrong, I was tired at the time.

Could be you have some other system on your LAN that is mapping that drive over the network and maybe you have Remapped it from your system as a networked drive from the other system.

I thought about that too, but this PC isn't connected to any other Network, only to the router (internet) and not bridged to anything else than that.

Additionally, this *only* happens to Illustrator and Dreamweaver, InDesign and others could be downloaded without any problem. If this was a drive-specific problem, and there only is one path to install these apps on, then it shouldn't work for anything else than that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something on your specific system is causing that drive to appear as a networked drive to the Adobe apps.

Could be you have some other system on your LAN that is mapping that drive over the network and maybe you have Remapped it from your system as a networked drive from the other system.

Also the thread has been reverted to unanswered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2017 Feb 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is some kind of bump, if there's no solution for this problem (apparently there is one other single person experiencing this too), then I'll bother the official Support and post the results here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2017 Mar 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you get a userfull answer from the official support? I'm facing the same problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2017 Mar 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright, I did, infact, get an answer.

The thing is, Adobe still has a copy saved in the registry as "installed", yet the harddrive it was on isn't in the computer anymore.

Here's what you'll have to do:

Try to run the Adobe CC Cleaner Tool via this link: http://download.macromedia.com/SupportTools/Cleaner/win/AdobeCreativeCloudCleanerTool.exe

(or https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html) And try to ""uninstall"" ALL products given there if these are the ones you're facing your problems with. This will not uninstall any applications on your computer if done correctly (and if it does, it wouldnt be a huge problem, would it?), but rather remove any entries that CC still has in your registry.

Then proceed to install your new apps.

There are other ways that might help too, which the supporter mailed to me, but this one was the one that worked.

If it doesn't, please reply and I'll try to help you (and possible other victims of this annyoing bug) too.

Have a great day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 17, 2017 Mar 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving the discussion to Creative Cloud Download & Install​ forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello, it didnt work for me. can you help me? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@DelicateB 

what exactly are you trying to install?

what os/version?

are you trying to install to a non-default location?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to reinstall my adobe suite after an error 176, I followed all the uninstallation and cleaning instructions, restarted my mac (Ventura 13.1) then I reinstalled creative cloud. Yes its in a location other than the default one. In creative cloud I selected the installation location on my SSD the new "Adobe programs" file where I want to install them. I have always worked from my SSD and it has always worked but today a window opens and says "installation impossible at this location". Thank you for your quick reply!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there's no adobe suite compatible with ventura unless it's a recent subscription version of something that you're erroneously calling a suite.

but just to button this up, what exact adobe suite?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By adobe suite i mean all the logiciels adobe, photoshop, illustrator, premiere pro, indesign, lightroom... 
i just updated today.. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i assume "logiciels" is a typo, but i don't know what it should be.  but if you mean you have a subscription to the adobe all apps plan:

follow each applicable step.  (eg, if nothing adobe is installed, you can skip the first steps and start at the cleaner).

uninstall every cc app including preferences per https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html

then uninstall the cc desktop app, again using the correct uninstaller per https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html#sa_src=web-mes...

clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

restart your computer (don't skip this)

reinstall the cc desktop app*

*use the "alternative download links" at the bottom of the page at https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html

use the desktop app to install your cc programs/trials

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry, i mean software. (adobe software -> Photoshop, illu, indesign, lightroom, premiere pro,...)

I have already tried this several times and the problem is solved for the error 176.

Now I can't put my SSD as a location for installation. Non default-location.  I still can't install photoshop and other adobe software in my SSD. This is the main problem. In creative cloud I selected the "installation location" on my SSD the new "Adobe programs" file where I want to install them, it says "installation impossible at this location". Does it have anything to do with being on ventura? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

your ssd has to be internal with a compatible file system. ie, it has to be non-case sensitive. apfs is a good choice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My SSD is in exFAT because i work on mac and windows. I use this one since 1 year and it never did that. Is it possible that photoshop now doesn't support exfat on mac? I managed to choose my SSD a few weeks ago. i really don't understand. And he is non-case sensitive. highlighted in purple in the screen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is your ssd your c drive?  if not is it an internal drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2022 Dec 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am on mac so there is no C or D drive but my SSD is like my D drive that i use for working on adobe software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 18, 2022 Dec 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you installing adobe apps on the same drive as the one that your os is on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines