Highlighted

Adobe Desktop Service shows hundreds of "Security Alert" dialog boxes

Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I don't use my machine for a few minutes, it shuts off its monitor.  When I wake it up again, I will find many "Security Alert" messages waiting on my desktop. If I've been away for a few hours, there might be hundreds of these messages.

They make my desktop look like this:

Adobe1.png

I used Spy++, which is a tool in the Windows Software Development Kit, to find the process that's displaying these messages. That process is "Adobe Desktop Service.EXE" from the Adobe\Adobe Desktop Common\ADS directory in Program Files (x86).

The certificate looks like it's for *.jamfcloud.com, but the error message means that the site trying to use the certificate doesn't actually have a domain name matching "*.jamfcloud.com".

adobe3.png

Why Adobe Desktop Service.EXE show this error message? What is it trying to do? Why does Adobe think it's acceptable to create hundreds of dialog boxes when their customer isn't looking?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Abambo | Adobe Community Professional

Report here: Re: Adobe Desktop Service shows hundreds of "Security Alert" dialog boxes

It may well being that you ​have​ a security issue on your computer.

Topics

Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

This conversation has been locked.

Adobe Desktop Service shows hundreds of "Security Alert" dialog boxes

Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I don't use my machine for a few minutes, it shuts off its monitor.  When I wake it up again, I will find many "Security Alert" messages waiting on my desktop. If I've been away for a few hours, there might be hundreds of these messages.

They make my desktop look like this:

Adobe1.png

I used Spy++, which is a tool in the Windows Software Development Kit, to find the process that's displaying these messages. That process is "Adobe Desktop Service.EXE" from the Adobe\Adobe Desktop Common\ADS directory in Program Files (x86).

The certificate looks like it's for *.jamfcloud.com, but the error message means that the site trying to use the certificate doesn't actually have a domain name matching "*.jamfcloud.com".

adobe3.png

Why Adobe Desktop Service.EXE show this error message? What is it trying to do? Why does Adobe think it's acceptable to create hundreds of dialog boxes when their customer isn't looking?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Abambo | Adobe Community Professional

Report here: Re: Adobe Desktop Service shows hundreds of "Security Alert" dialog boxes

It may well being that you ​have​ a security issue on your computer.

Topics

Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Jun 30, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Jun 30, 2018 1
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This started happening on my PC about a week ago. The popups come up on their own, and not only when the PC/Screen is sleeping (One just popped up as I was typing this).

Found this report via search, and can confirm the only software I updated on my PC before this started was an Cam Link USB Video driver and the adobe packages. I assumed it was caused by one of them. Actually thought it would be the video drivers over Adobe.

Translate

Translate

Jul 01, 2018 1
Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like Jaypoc says, this happens to me when I'm using the machine, as well. I first only noticed it when I returned to the rig after it was sleeping. Now, I see a new message about once every five minutes even when using the machine interactively.

I tried to open a ticket for this issue, but I can't seem to find a spot in the contact menu that explains how to open a ticket against Adobe Creative Cloud itself, rather than one of the specific applications. How od I actually get support for the service?

Translate

Translate

Jul 01, 2018 0
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. This is insane and needs to be fixed.

Translate

Translate

Jul 01, 2018 0
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We received the same alert on Windows 10 64 bit.  The cert is from jamfcloud.com.

Translate

Translate

Jul 02, 2018 0