• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Desktop Service shows hundreds of "Security Alert" dialog boxes

Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2018 Jun 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I don't use my machine for a few minutes, it shuts off its monitor.  When I wake it up again, I will find many "Security Alert" messages waiting on my desktop. If I've been away for a few hours, there might be hundreds of these messages.

They make my desktop look like this:

Adobe1.png

I used Spy++, which is a tool in the Windows Software Development Kit, to find the process that's displaying these messages. That process is "Adobe Desktop Service.EXE" from the Adobe\Adobe Desktop Common\ADS directory in Program Files (x86).

The certificate looks like it's for *.jamfcloud.com, but the error message means that the site trying to use the certificate doesn't actually have a domain name matching "*.jamfcloud.com".

adobe3.png

Why Adobe Desktop Service.EXE show this error message? What is it trying to do? Why does Adobe think it's acceptable to create hundreds of dialog boxes when their customer isn't looking?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Report here: Re: Adobe Desktop Service shows hundreds of "Security Alert" dialog boxes

It may well being that you ​have​ a security issue on your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2018 Jun 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2018 Jul 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This started happening on my PC about a week ago. The popups come up on their own, and not only when the PC/Screen is sleeping (One just popped up as I was typing this).

Found this report via search, and can confirm the only software I updated on my PC before this started was an Cam Link USB Video driver and the adobe packages. I assumed it was caused by one of them. Actually thought it would be the video drivers over Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like Jaypoc says, this happens to me when I'm using the machine, as well. I first only noticed it when I returned to the rig after it was sleeping. Now, I see a new message about once every five minutes even when using the machine interactively.

I tried to open a ticket for this issue, but I can't seem to find a spot in the contact menu that explains how to open a ticket against Adobe Creative Cloud itself, rather than one of the specific applications. How od I actually get support for the service?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. This is insane and needs to be fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2018 Jul 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We received the same alert on Windows 10 64 bit.  The cert is from jamfcloud.com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 02, 2018 Jul 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't look like a too serious security issue. While "jamfcloud.com" can't be found, "login.jamfcloud.com" can... and
the "*." denotes that the certificate is valid for all jamfcloud.com subdomains, anyway.

Read here about what JamfCloud is »

There's this page from DigiCert that explains the warning you see:
» Error: "The name on the security certificate is invalid or does not match the name of the site."

Common cause for this can be related to invalid DNS settings...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2018 Jul 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mauricep27921461  wrote

Doesn't look like a too serious security issue. While "jamfcloud.com" can't be found, "login.jamfcloud.com" can... and
the "*." denotes that the certificate is valid for all jamfcloud.com subdomains, anyway.

Yes. But the presence of the error message must mean that the certificate is being used on a domain that's not a sub-domain of jamfcloud.com. If Adobe's got a bad certificate configured, then they need to fix it. If requests are being redirected, then that's actually a pretty serious security problem, since the certificate is the last chance to verify identity.

This isn't a DNS issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mauricep27921461  wrote

Doesn't look like a too serious security issue.

Security warnings are always serious. If the users do not care anymore, the bad guys have won...

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2018 Aug 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm seeing this pop up now too (only started today and search brought me here.)  But mine is for morningstar.com, not jamfcloud.com.  The only applications running (according to task manager) when it appears are Task Manager and Creative Cloud (32 Bit) (n) where n= the number of dialogs in the stack that are open at that time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2018 Aug 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also getting this as of today. Mine is also morningstar.com.

Adobe wake and fix this please...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Started getting this same issue on a machine over the weekend.  Came back to hundreds of copies of the dialog open, but the apparently hijacked domain on my instance was different than above.

CertDialog2.JPG

Killing and restarting the Creative Cloud process seems to have resolved the issue on my machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Report here: Re: Adobe Desktop Service shows hundreds of "Security Alert" dialog boxes

It may well being that you ​have​ a security issue on your computer.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever find a solution to this?

I tried contacting Adobe support, they just said to temporarily disable antivirus for 15 minutes!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

this issue says 'solved' in the search results on google, but no solution is here!

I am having this problem and it is 2020. obviously this has never been dealt with.

Can i get some support please?

these pop-ups are concerning, my antivirus etc shows no issues, but this happens every day.

also why is this only affecting a 32bit  install of creative cloud? why is that even there? this is 2020. do 32 bit computers even exist anymore?

anyone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines