• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe GoLive serial number won't activate [CS2 is dead, locked.]

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2015 Jun 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have many licenses of CC for my company.  But I have several old licenses of CS2 that we own.  I have a lot of content built in and administered in CS2 Adobe GoLive.  The computer we had it installed on has died.  I have re-installed it and went to use it and the serial number.. a valid, original serial right off the label on my original adobe box for CS2..

"THE SERIAL NUMBER YOU HAVE PROVIDED IS NOT VALID.  PLEASE CHECK YOUR SERIAL NUMBER AND RE_ENTER IT.

OK, after a dozen times with and without the dashes its a no-go.  So, I get another one of my valid adobe licenses for CS2, same thing.  None work, adobe has nailed me from using the damn software we purchased in single box licenses.  ITS OUR SOFTWARE.  WTH?  And before we get a play for dreamweaver, NO< I don't need to spend 6 months figuring out where all the tools are to edit a quick html.  I just want to use and update the content in GoLive easily and quickly with no learning curve at all.

Of course you can't call or contact Adobe except when the call to harass us with phone calls to try and sell us more CLOUDs.  Not Cool Adobe. 

Any ideas?

TOPICS
Activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Russ Hagerty,

GoLive was discontinued a very long time ago.  This is 2020.  Obsolete web authoring software is completely useless to anyone.  Even if you could find a download (which you can't) and an old machine to support it (which you can't), you can never activate GoLive because those servers were taken off line years ago. 

MODERN OPTIONS:
Dreamweaver CC
https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html

Wappler

https://wappler.io/

Pinegrow

https://pinegrow.com/

FREE CODE EDITORS

Brackets

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 13, 2015 Jun 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The CS2 activation server was shut down by Adobe several years ago.

You now need to download and install a special non-activation version from

Error: "Activation Server Unavailable" | CS2, Acrobat 7, Audition 3

Install then enter the new, non-activation serial number provided at that link. Your existing serial number will no longer work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2015 Jun 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That got my photoshop CS2 and IMAGE READY which is a great thing before they killed all that.

However these links don't seem to have any Acrobat or GoLive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2015 Jun 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, needed to scroll on down and I got all the single installers there.  Ill say that I recommend using those because the cs2 suite expects to load the next disk etc and its a bit of a challenge to use the installers and deal with all the disk prompts and messages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Joe Postscript

I did what you descibed and there is no download for Golive?

Did they change this?

Russ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative Suites 1 through Creative Suites 3 can not be restored or installed on a new machine unless you were lucky enough to acquire a serial number that bypassed the need for the activation servers. They also can not be downloaded from Adobe anymore.

Creative Suites 4 through Creative Suites 6 can still be activated if you have the installation files. It is possible that if you purchased the ESD installation files directly from Adobe that they are still available for download from your account, but Adobe's policy is that ESD installation files are only available for 3 years after date of purchase, so if you didn't save them, you probably can't get them anymore.

Creative Suites 4 through Creative Suites 6 are no longer supported by Adobe employees except for help reducing the number of activations if the limit is reached.

Beware of scammers who may try to contact you directly claiming to have installable versions of a Creative Suite. There is no legal method to buy those programs and you will be out money and possibly infected with ransomware or malware if you buy from them.

Many of these scammers have the word ADOBE as part of their user names, and they also often have an email address of that includes "adobecares" or use the domain outlook.com. If someone does contact you, use the Report button so their accounts can be deactivated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Russ Hagerty,

GoLive was discontinued a very long time ago.  This is 2020.  Obsolete web authoring software is completely useless to anyone.  Even if you could find a download (which you can't) and an old machine to support it (which you can't), you can never activate GoLive because those servers were taken off line years ago. 

MODERN OPTIONS:
Dreamweaver CC
https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html

Wappler

https://wappler.io/

Pinegrow

https://pinegrow.com/

FREE CODE EDITORS

Brackets and Visual Studio Code.

DIY ONLINE SITE BUILDERS:

Wix

Webflow

WordPress

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines