• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe keep crashing (Photoshop, Illustrator and Adobe XD V.21)

Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe recently auto-updated my apps (photoshop, illustrator and adobe xd to 2020). I believe this is version 21.

Since then my apps are keep crashing. Even just to edit a shape in Adobe xd crashes.

Anyone else experiencing this. In total, about 10+ crashes now. Only have to restart is force restart.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, cannot work at all.

XD crashes constantly after automated update to 24.0.22 . The same happens with older version 23.1.32.  

Windows 10. 1709, worked since march without any problems till tuesday.  

Can we report a bug? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually reported this topic as a bug not sure if this how we suppose to report a bug.

This really slows my productivity. Since I have to force restart, all the other applications and windows need to close and restart. End up rewriting my email(s), lost my work flow.. super annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing here for one of our artists.
We have 3 currently in use, and for one of them, illustrator 2020 constantly crashes.  Myself and another artist have not been having that issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check my post on this issue, I wrote complete troubleshooting for Windows 10. What has helped was 

good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI there, 

Could you please share the OS version and the app version? Since when have you been facing this?

-Kanika 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear about your difficulties. Can you provide more details around the issue such as:

• What operating system are you using? (Catalina 10.15, Mojave 10.14, Win 10, etc.)
  • Does the slash screen appear?
  • What model of computer is the issue occurring on? (2017 iMac, MS Surface Pro 4,etc.)
  • Do the 2019 products launch on the system?
  • What troubleshooting have you tried already? (I know some have provided this already)
  • Do some applications work but not others? Which applications are being affected?

For initial troubleshooting I'd suggest trying these:

• Recreate the preferences for the application

Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) when launching the Adobe product.
You should be prompted to delete the current settings. The new preferences files are created the next time you launch.

Note: Using the keyboard shortcut, preference files for custom shortcuts, workspaces, and color settings will also be reset to default.

• Create a new user account with admin rights, attempt launching the products in from the newly created user account

Win - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026923/windows-10-create-a-local-user-or-administrator-acc...
Mac - http://osxdaily.com/2017/07/17/how-create-new-admin-account-mac/

I'd start there. Please get back with more info.

Thanks,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

after two days I finally fix my crashing issues. Since Adobe support was really frustrating I try to share all things I have done in hope it will help others.

OS: Windows 10 1903 on Fujitsu Lifebook E, 32 GB RAM, Intel Core i7-7500 CPU 

Bug:

- I got problems after automatic update of Adobe Creative Cloud (have abo in my company since last 2 years) - XD updated from 22 to 24.1.22 and started crashing after 5-7 seconds. so I was able to open existing or new file, but after some seconds I got asked if I want to save changes and the app quit. The same happened also with an older version of XD, 24.0.22 & 23.1.32 as well with Photoshop 2020.

WindowsEventViewer > WindowsLogs > Applications showed reports about Security-SPP licensing check, but nothing else

Troubleshooting:

At that time I had an older Version of Windows 10, so:

• I uninstalled all adobe apps, updated Windows to 1903, reinstalled CC, but problems persisted.
  • Update Graphic card drivers / tribers  (no effect)
  • Changed permission for all adobe folder/files to read/write for my email (no effect)
  • Uninstall again all adobe products with adobe cleaner and reinstall again (no effect)
  • Erased all files in Adobe Temp folder (no effect)
  • Erased all files in hidden folder User/AppData/local/adobe/OOBE
    I have read somewhere that adobe products are heavy depending on C++ libraries so
  • Installed C++ redistributable x64 as well as x86 

- The last one helped!!!

Good luck, shame on Adobe, so expensive license, so weird service (I won’t tell u about very unhelpful video session where the “expert” for 30 minutes again and again just reproduced crashing to ask me after that if I can install XD again, which I already did more times and reported it on the chat on beginning of our conversation.).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the delay in reply. Below are the answers to your questions

• What operating system are you using? (Catalina 10.15, Mojave 10.14, Win 10, etc.)
    macOS Catalina Version 10.15.1 (19B88)

Yes

• What model of computer is the issue occurring on? (2017 iMac, MS Surface Pro 4,etc.)
    MacBook Pro late 2018 (15inch, 2.2 GHz-6 core, 16 GB ram, 256 Solid State, Radeon Pro 555X

Yes.

• What troubleshooting have you tried already? (I know some have provided this already)
    So far I haven't done any yet. As I wasn't sure what is the best way to go about this.

• Do some applications work but not others? Which applications are being affected?
    Adobe XD, Photoshop and Illustrator. The crash usually happens after 30 - 1hr of work. Usually, it crashes during saving dialog window, or when I click "Save" or when I try to copy illustrator object to Adobe XD. When this crashes, the whole system goes into freeze mode, it's even hard to force quit unless I wait for 10-20 mins then I might be able to open up the Force quit window. Usually (9 out 10 times) I would have to hold the power button to restart. As all things stop responding.

I will try to do what you have suggested and will let you know how it goes. 

Today so far, I have crashed 4 times. (3 force restart and 1 auto-restart)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just an update on my issues

I have reinstalled Adobe 2 times now, and still no luck. Keep crashing during work.

It keeps crashing and I am on point where I can get nervous working with the Apps. I have to make sure I save anything I do. Can anyone please come up with a solution for this. 

Some details about my system.

• macOS Catalina Version 10.15.1 (19B88)
  • MacBook Pro late 2018 (15inch, 2.2 GHz-6 core, 16 GB ram, 256 Solid State, Radeon Pro 555X

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same. Going to try the David_B approach. https://community.adobe.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/10703148 then update you all. Ruined client meeting today ... can't even do prototype connections. >>>>>> DIDN"T WORK <<<<< 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Catalina Version 10.15.1 (19B88)

Yes

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports)

3.1 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5

16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3

They did. Updated Photoshop as well.

Uninstall, reinstall, update, 

Adobe Acrobat seems fine. Photoshop worked earlier today. Totally freezes, unlinks or looses links to all my connected assets... can prototype (freezes upon selection), Can't add a person to the file... just nothing happens - so I can't get the help I need.

Beating head against wall. New designs due. Is there anyone I can actually call? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

the best support I got, was on German adobe chat. With this link you can go through possible solution yourself, Should be accessible also in English.

good luck

l.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2019 Dec 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

same here, annoying!
and i lost my latest file even I saved it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines