• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot download Adobe XD files from Creative Cloud

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At work, I have an Adobe XD project that I've been working on and been saving to Adobe CC regularly. Yesterday, I worked on the file from home and made sure that the latest version & file was updated to my CC library (evident by the "All Files Up To Date" message and notification). Today, I went to work and found out the file has not updated at all. I went through all the troubleshooting, including checking the file/ parent folder for download/duplicate/move and the the only option I get from the file is to delete it. Duplicating the folder did NOT sync any of the XD files. I'm literally staring at the correct file on my web browser's CC library with no means to retrieve it. And now that I've opened the older version and made some edits on it, it will most likely overwrite the file on my home computer. C'mon, Adobe?!? How am I supposed to justify paying hundreds of dollars to lose access to my file through such an elementary UX loophole?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 08, 2019 Feb 08, 2019

Ramceyp,

Please go to Adobe Creative Cloud folder on your machine and look for this XD file, you should be able to copy it to a different destination. After that, you may convert it to a Cloud Document.

Hope this helps, please update this discussion in case you need further assistance.

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Moving the discussion to Get Started community. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nguyen.fig.

Thanks for using Adobe XD and sharing the feedback about this situation. I would request you to collect the logs using this tool: - Log Collector Tool and share the details with us.

Please share your contact details via private message so that we may get in touch with you in case we need any other information.

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2019 Feb 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Atul.

I have the same issue, and it´s critic.

Our XD files for all the platform projects are on CC web, and we are unable to download the source files.

Captura de pantalla 2019-02-08 a la(s) 12.09.18 p. m..png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 08, 2019 Feb 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ramceyp,

Please go to Adobe Creative Cloud folder on your machine and look for this XD file, you should be able to copy it to a different destination. After that, you may convert it to a Cloud Document.

Hope this helps, please update this discussion in case you need further assistance.

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Moving the discussion to Get Started community. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2019 Feb 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating today (02.09.19) to 4.2.0.25 I was able to save my Xd doc locally and to an external drive. Yesterday I had the same issue when Xd crashed while writing to an EHD. Let us know if updating fixed the issue for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 11, 2019 Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like Celeste pointed out, can you install the latest version of Adobe XD (version 16) and let us know if you are continuing to face this issue?

Thanks,
Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2019 Sep 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar problem that I could not access a cloud file on the CC website or locally.  I just updated to 16 and it seems to be working now. Sorry - can't delete this comment so had to overwrite it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2019 Sep 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is a total mess!!! I am working from a personal laptop and a second laptop at the office. Today when I opened the file I had saved as a could document, I have like 40 % of my artboards missing. This document was a could document from day 0, so I have not been changing from local to cloud to local to cloud or anything like that. It just deleted 40 % of my work, just a couple of days before the deadline of a project.
In https://assets.adobe.com/cloud-documents I can see my document with the same name as the one missing artboards, but with like 5-6 MB bigger, so at least I should be able to download it....or maybe NOT :(. I will tell you - you just can't do that. You have only one option - Delete 😄 So is it possible to download a document from assets.adobe, and what is the point if you can't??

So 10x Adobe, I guess. I have never been a "hater", but that is too much form me. Your software is supposed to let designers have more time to be creative, not busting their heads off with the proglems and bugs of your app. For my next project, I will think twice before starting it in XD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines