Highlighted

Change the language setting for your Creative Cloud apps

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear users, 

Learn how to change the default language for installing your Creative Cloud apps with help of this article-

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/change-install-language.html

For already installed apps- Un-install the application, change the language setting and reinstall the app. 

Feel free to share your feedback on our community. 

Hope this helps!

Thanks 

Kanika Sehgal 

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Change the language setting for your Creative Cloud apps

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear users, 

Learn how to change the default language for installing your Creative Cloud apps with help of this article-

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/change-install-language.html

For already installed apps- Un-install the application, change the language setting and reinstall the app. 

Feel free to share your feedback on our community. 

Hope this helps!

Thanks 

Kanika Sehgal 

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 09, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop got installed in French, but I need it in English.  How do I proceed.  I used AAM to do this with CS6, but cannot find the way to select the language and download again.  Do I need to uninstall first?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 19, 2013 7
Jun 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jacques - This link may be helpful: http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/change-installed-language.html.  Please let us know if you require further assistance.

Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 19, 2013 6
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you had to unistall the app before noticing the language change?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 22, 2013 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually no.  I modified the language in Creative Cloud options and closed it.  After re-opening, It did allow me to download again.  It retained both the initial (English) and the new language (French).

Regards,

Jacques

Envoyé de mon iPad

<Removed by Moderator>

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 22, 2013 1
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cgrmz it will depend on your operating system.  Windows users have reported the need to remove and reinstall the application for the langauge to switch.

Macintosh users have mostly reported the same behavior Jacques posted with the language changing without the need to reinstall.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 23, 2013 0
Participant ,
Aug 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff, this is very important for me!

Can you confirm that on Mac it's possible to change a languages without a new complete install of the software?

I modified the language in Creative Cloud options and closed it.  After re-opening, It did allow me to download again.

Download again what? Sorry, i do not understand -  you have to download again the all software or only the new language pack?

It retained both the initial (English) and the new language (French).

This is interesting. So now you have photoshop in 2 languages and you can switch in real time using ui-language preference? Confirm?

ui-language.png

Last: Jeff this solution can be used also for Illustrator CC or InDesign CC?

In other words: i need all 3 software in 2 languages (English international and French).

It could be a great feature of CC! Please let me know if possible!

Many thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 09, 2013 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Folobo you need to adjust the language setting in the Creative Cloud application.  Please see Adjust the install language | Creative Cloud applications | CCM - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/change-installed-language.html for additional details.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 09, 2013 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks !

I finally had succeeded in the way you describe.  My problem was that I had not closed CC to reset the option to download again.  I appreciate your r espons e.

Regards,

Jacques

Envoyé de mon iPad

<Removed by Moderator>

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 10, 2013 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found no way but change language option in CC, uninstall ad reinstall PS.  It keeps the initial language and adds the new one.

Jacques

Envoyé de mon iPad

<Removed by Moderator>

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 10, 2013 0
Participant ,
Aug 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff, i see the link but uninstall them and reinstall is a always big problem.

Are there other solutions to use to do this? I use Mac (no pc)!

To change the user interface language of currently installed applications, uninstall them and reinstall using the Adobe Application Manager.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 17, 2013 0
Participant ,
Aug 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jacques

It keeps the initial language and adds the new one.

Please Jacques, can you explain better explain what you have to do?

Now do you have 2 languages?

Many thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 17, 2013 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Folobo you can uninstall the applications by using the Uninstaller located in Applications/Utilities/Adobe Installers.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 17, 2013 2
Participant ,
Aug 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff, many thanks for your reply.

Last question is: can i have the CC software in 2 languages?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 19, 2013 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It will depend on if you have to uninstall and reinstall to switch to the proper language.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 19, 2013 0
Participant ,
Aug 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It will depend on if you have to uninstall and reinstall to switch to the proper language.

Sorry again Jeff, but i do not understand.

I need my software in 2 languages on the same 10.8.4 installation.

In other words: today i want launch Photoshop or InDesign in English and tomorrow in French.

Is it possibile? This is very important for me.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 20, 2013 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should allow you to switch languages since you are using Mac OS.  On Windows the reports are that to adjust the UI language you need to remove and reinstall in that language.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 20, 2013 0
Participant ,
Aug 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many sorry Jeff but is so difficult to understand your opinion.

Sure i use mac and i do not understand if i can installed 2 software languages.

I need my software in 2 languages on the same 10.8.4 installation.

In other words: today i want launch Photoshop or InDesign in English and tomorrow in French. Is it possibile?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 21, 2013 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Folobo I am sorry if I made this more complicated than it needs to be.  Please follow the steps offered in message #6 to adjust your language.

You are welcome to post your results to this discussion once you have compelted the steps.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 21, 2013 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case I wanted to change After Effects from Italian to English without having to uninstall and install again. Here's a quickfix:

- go to: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects CC\Support Files\AMTLanguages

- find file it_IT and rename it to en_EN

that's it. now After Effects loads in English.

It's not so easy with PS and AI. If soemone can tell me how to change it for those two I would appreciate it.

bye tnx

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 29, 2013 3
Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes now I have the 2 languages. I had installed French initially, and

then I changed the language in Creative Cloud-Preferences-App, and

downloaded PS again. It reinstalled and added the second language.

To switch, in PS, you select Preferences-Interdace and select the

language for the UI in the Text section.

You can see the languages files in Programs/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop

xxx/Locales. If the reinstall does not leave the 2 languages, you could

first save aside the current language file and move back afterwards.

Jacques

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 29, 2013 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will it be possible to change the language on Windows without the need to remove and reinstall it any time soon, too?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 12, 2013 1
Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the information......

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 12, 2013 0
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No ThorP if you wish to change the language for your already installed applications you will need to remove the current installation and reinstall with the new language.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 12, 2013 0
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's nice there's a walkaround but I just need to say it - this is plain stupid. For all these years you didn't come up with the simplest solution - an option available in the program itself. I don't get it and guess I never will.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 12, 2015 2
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dont have romanian langue.....

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 14, 2015 0
Explorer ,
Dec 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I install twice PS in two different languagee (i.e, French and English) what happen when there is an update ? Do I have to apply the update twice?

Thanks Jules

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 17, 2015 0
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem, I started to reinstall the full app in English (which takes ages with my slow connection), but came across a hack.

In your CC or CS6 install directory, find the locales directory.
Go to fr_FR/support files

Find the langage file. In my case it was : tw10428.dat

Rename it.

Restart Photoshop

The UI will be in English.

It worked for me (on Windows 7)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2013 3
Engaged ,
Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also install multiple languages at the moment it install. FInd the pkg installer and dig around, there is a folder with all languages. You can grab all the ones you need copy them, then place them in the LOCALE folder inside Photoshop XXX version. Now you can choose all the languages you picked from the pref panel. Downloading the complete app is really BS and lacks proper thinking I of the developers. Each language is about 5MB of data, why download 1.XXX GB of data just for each language??

That's hideous right?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 22, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Jacques. You can change your application's UI Language without reinstall progress. Just quit from Photoshop CC and go to your Applications/Adobe Photoshop CC/xx_XX/Locales/Support Files folder and find the "tw10428.dat" file. Change the name of this file from "tw10428.dat" to "tw10428.bak". Launch your Photoshop CC again. Now your Photoshop CC is in English. That's it!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 10, 2014 15
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks Erdemomur!! Much better than reinstalling!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 09, 2014 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi guys,

another question, is it possible to have f.e. Photoshop in English and Indesign in Dutch??

So, is it possible to work with different languages in different applications?

Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 17, 2014 0
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Erdemomur !

thanks for the tip.

How does it work  to switch back to french once you've change the language to english?

i could not fint the original .bak

Maybe someone have both languages files ?

Regards,

Maxime

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 15, 2014 0
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thannks!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 23, 2015 0
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a video here that show and how it's done

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJAiu5W2gLE

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 11, 2015 2
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you its work

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 02, 2016 0
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! This worked perfectly. Do you know if there's a way to do this for Illustrator and InDesign?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 01, 2017 0
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Chinese version, it works. But photoshop does not allows me to this.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 12, 2017 0
Participant ,
Dec 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone

My problem is that I want to be able to have the UI of Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign etc. (All CC 2014 versions) in UK English. But you only have the option of English (International) and English (North American) in the list of Creative Cloud for Desktop app where you install apps from. Neither of these options adopt the UK or GB English spelling within the apps for the UI (still get spelling of color instead of colour and so on). However, you can choose UK English in preferences for the Dictionaries, Hyphenation and so on in the apps themselves. But no option for changing the install language for the UI. Crazy!

I tried contacting support, but they said only North American and International English options are available.

Regards

Craig

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 13, 2014 0
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rename the file:

tw10428.dat

it´s inside of:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC (64 Bit)\Locales\fr_FR\Support Files

add XXX before like this:

XXXtw10428.dat  and save.

Start photoshop and it will be open in english as default language.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 01, 2015 5
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 16, 2015 0
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the advice changing the dat file's name. Very easy, fast and rare that adobe wont have this as a built in option.

THANKS!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 04, 2016 0
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Info! Thx

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 01, 2015 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 03, 2015 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the Creative Cloud Download & Install forum.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 03, 2015 0
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello bilinguals!

there is a much simpler solution to the "need to be able to switch between different languages" requirement. After checking the content of the file to be renamed, as suggested by another poster, I realized: it's just a translation file. Keys and translations in one language.

Second, there is a "Select language dialog" in the Photoshop Preferences. So why rename the translations, and not just change the setting?

This is what worked for me:

1.) Select the needed language in the Creative Cloud support app. Like described in the article in post #6

2.) As I had an open update for Photoshop and Lightroom, I just updated. If you are up to date, maybe you need to uninstall and reinstall again.

3.) Start Photoshop, got to the menu Photoshop CC -> Preferences -> Interface and select your language.

I do not know, whether the next update updates all the installed languages. This is something the Adope support staff should be able to answer.

Actually, I would expect to get a certain answer from them, not something like "user reports it is like that...". This is a paid software product, not open source and for free.

Hope this helps!

Andreas

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 08, 2017 0
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't work for Chinese switch to English. I have photoshop Chinese version in subscription, after the switch, it does display English, but ps not allowed me to use it, it shows my current subscription is in Chinese, which means I need to buy another English version! What ridiculous it is!!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 12, 2017 0
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can I use the Serbian language?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 13, 2018 0
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hii,

I've installed the Adobe Photoshop CC on my PC, but it was in portuguese and some translations aren't so good, so I wanted to change the language to english.

It is very easy, just follow these steps:

- Quit Photoshop (if it is opened)

- Go to the installation directory and go to <installation folder>\Locales\<pt_BR or the other installed language>\Support Files

- Rename the file "tw10428.dat" to "tw10428.bak"

- Open the Photoshop again

That's it. Very simple.

Best regards

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 11, 2018 0