• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud App just showing blank white box! Cannot install Photoshop

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2014 Sep 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to install a Photoshop trial - have followed instructions to install the CC app. The icon appears on my desktop and a Creative Cloud folder appears in my Explorer folder but when I click on the CC app, all I see is a white box.

Occasionally, I have managed to get list of apps to show - but when I click on the "Try" button next to Photoshop, again it goes to a blank white box. Can't do anything! No spinning icon showing that something is loading - just blank white.

Very frustrating. Just want to download the trial so I can decide if I want to buy. Am on Windows 8 (64 bit). Have tried uninstalling and re-installing using a different browser (Firefox & Chrome) but still same result.

Please help!!

Thank you,

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pchy please see App doesn’t open | Progress wheel spins continually for information on how to resolve your current error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your response. I have followed all the instructions on the page you gave, going through each step in turn, including the last one of deleting all the items on the OOBE folder.

But it has still not resolved the issue.   I get as far as the list of Apps coming up but when I click on the "Try" button next to Photoshop, the whole app box just becomes a blank white box again and nothing happens, no matter how long I wait.

It's so frustrating - I just want to download the software so I can try it! I was really keen to sign up but now it makes me nervous to buy CC because is this an indication of how the software is going to be every time I want to launch it? I've spent hours now just trying to download a trial version - I can't go through this every time I want to use my photo editor!

Sorry - I know it's not your fault but I'm just feeling incredibly frustrated. It seems mad to have a subscription service which is so full of connectivity issues & bugs.

Thanks again for your help. Could you please suggest something else I can do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again Jeff - I just read on a similar thread that another user had the same issue with blank CC app and realised the problem was her username having an ampersand "&"

I have an ampersand also in my username on the computer - do you think this might be affecting the issue?

She gave instructions for changing the username (although the link is for Win 7 and I'm using Win 8) - but I'm nervous about changing big system things like that. What happens to "permissions" on certain folders - am I likely to be locked out of making changes in certain folders?

Here is what she wrote on that thread:

-----------------------------------------------------

If you have ampersand (&) or other non-alphabet characters in windows user folder name (Example: C:\Users\Bob & Mary), then Flash Builder will fail to install (happened to me), Creative Cloud will display white screen, and/or other miscellaneous problems.

I confirmed this to be true and works:

1) I had blank Creative Cloud window as shown in the first post.

2) I renamed the display username and window user folder name by doing the instructions here:

http://www.ghacks.net/2011/03/28/how-to-change-a-windows-account-name-and-user-profile-fol der-name/

(Example: Change from "Bob & Mary" to "Bob n Mary" - without the quotes)

3) After logging back in my newly renamed account, I opened Creative Cloud and login interface shows up! 🙂

-----------------------------------------------------

I would prefer not to do this if you have another suggestion? But just thought I'd mention this as well to see what you thought.

I have also since tried uninstally CC, deleting both the OOBE folder and the AAMUpdater folder, then re-installing CC again... same result. I always get to the list of Apps fine but the minute I click on the "Try" button next to Photoshop, the whole App window goes to a blank white screen and freezes.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 24, 2014 Sep 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pchy if you have ampersand or any other extended character in your user name it could lead to unexpected behavior.

As a test you could create a new user account using standard characters and see if you experience the same behavior.  You can find details on how to create a new Local administrator account at Log in using built in-administrator | Create local administrator account | Windows 7, 8, Vista.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2015 Nov 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am running Creative Cloud and cannot download Dreamweaver all I see is a white box too and I have other apps that I subscribe to. I am still able to get to those apps because the software is in my application on my MacBook Pro. I am running OS X El Capitan. All I see is a white box and I have tried all the steps suggested except uninstalling the desktop manager. I am afraid to do this for fear of losing the ability to use my other paid apps (Illustrator, Photoshop, Premier). Is there a simple solution? Also Illustrator continues to crash at time and freezes; since the last few Apple updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines