• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud desktop failed to update error 1002

Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2016 Aug 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My CC app goes to update itself and it fails at 2%. This happened 3 weeks ago and I needed Adobe assistance to fix the problem. Here I am again and I don't know what to do. None of the suggestions work...

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Sep 01, 2016 Sep 01, 2016

Since 3 days now, typekit is not accessible anymore on my computer. The Support via Chat was not able to help as there is no full installer for version 3.8.0.310 yet.

The installer isn't neither available on prodesigntools.com

None of the online solutions, the staff refers is helping.

Even for Creative Cloud Team members, the deployment version is not yet updated (Those don't knowing: CC Team Admins can create a full offline package of the installer. In addition the Admin can disable the automatic

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2016-08-31 at 5.10.13 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have uninstalled and reinstalled and the same thing happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here after MULTIPLE times of this happening since I subscribed to CC. Ridiculous!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem.  looking into switching to Avid Media Composer.  Adobe is just too sprawling & unfocused at this point.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 01, 2016 Sep 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem with every creative cloud update since 9 months!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, how do I contact someone to get an individual chat for help with this issue. I need to use Typekit and am unable to because I cannot update the Creative cloud app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe - Please provide the direct link for the update.  I have spent too many hours over the last year with this issue and it happens every single time you send out a CC app update.  For software that I am spending 600.00 dollars a year to rent, I expect it to work.  The only way I have been able to get it to work with with a direct download link.

Thank you - I anxiously await the link...

Running Mac OS 10.9.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since 3 days now, typekit is not accessible anymore on my computer. The Support via Chat was not able to help as there is no full installer for version 3.8.0.310 yet.

The installer isn't neither available on prodesigntools.com

None of the online solutions, the staff refers is helping.

Even for Creative Cloud Team members, the deployment version is not yet updated (Those don't knowing: CC Team Admins can create a full offline package of the installer. In addition the Admin can disable the automatic updates which is perfectly NOT working since the first thing that CCD Team version does after installing the version without update permission, ... is updating, ... with the error 1002).

-------

My workarounds so far:

1. Quit the creative cloud app. Disconnect the network cable or wifi (having all files and services closed which are used over network). Open the creative cloud app. Connect the network cable/wifi again. Open you project with the typekit fonts in the resp. application (here InDesign). | It takes a few seconds, but the typekit fonts will sync even if you don't have acces via the creative cloud desktop app.

2. When you have time machine enabled | Warning this action might be prohibited by Adobe: Look for an app that can show hidden files and folders and enable to show hidden files/folders (I have Path Finder or search for HideSwitch). Open the hidden folder: /Users/USERNAME/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CoreSync/plugins/livetype/.r/ and enter time machine to the day where typekit worked. You will see plenty of files with a dot in front, followed by 5 numbers and with otf extension (example .14541.otf). Recover these (still hidden) files into the "Document fonts" folder (can be any folder) next to your project. Remove the first dot for every of these files (ex.: 14541.otf). Now, you have a working open type file you can use.

3. When you have Font Explorer 4 (might also work with version 5) | Warning this action might be prohibited by Adobe: Look for an app that can show hidden files and folders and enable to show hidden files/folders (I have Path Finder or search for HideSwitch). You also need to have typekit fonts synced (if you want to avoid to have the access to typekit fonts blocked in the future). Open FEX and look in the activated fonts category in the left sidebar. The Typekit fonts should be visible. Select these fonts and drag them to any folder. A ZIP file will be usually created. Unzip the file and enable the system to see hidden files. You will see plenty of files with a dot in front, followed by 5 numbers and with otf extension (example .14541.otf). Remove the first dot for every of these files (ex.: 14541.otf). Now, you have a working open type file from typekit you can use.

Sorry Adobe, but if you re not able to fix the problem, we have to become "creative" to get the "cloud" working again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2016 Sep 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Yves!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines