• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud Installer won't install.

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2015 Feb 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got a subscription to Photoshop CC and noticed that it doesn't appear to be up-to-date. I go to the Adobe website, to the downloads section, to see about manually downloading the latest version, but instead of getting a link to download Photoshop, it gives me a link to download the Creative Cloud installer. Fine. I download the package, open the disk image and run the installer. It begins downloading the Creative Cloud desktop application (which I apparently don't already have), getting about halfway through the progress bar before disappearing without a trace. I've since tried following the instructions for manually uninstalling Photoshop by running the uninstaller in the Utilities folder. It tells me that it needs to download the Creative Cloud installer, and I'm back to square one.

I'm on a mid-2009 Macbook Pro running OS/X 10.9.5. Is there anything I might have missed?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 26, 2015 Feb 26, 2015

Stephen the only other suggestion I would have then would be to review the download logs for any specific errors. You can find details on how to locate the download logs at Error downloading and installing Creative Cloud application.

You may also want to check for an installation log but I do not believe you are able to get that far in the process.  You can find details on how to locate and interpret the installation log files at Troubleshoot install issues with log files | CC.  You are welcome t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Stephen,

I've moved your question to the Creative Cloud Download and Install Forum where they can help you-

Creative Cloud Download & Install

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

StephenCaissie have you utilized the steps listed in Error "Failed to Install" Creative Cloud Desktop application to reinstall the Creative Cloud Desktop application?

You can find additional details regarding the installation process for the Adobe Creative applications, included with your membership, at Creative Cloud Help | Install, update, or uninstall apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried. It just keeps going around in circles. It won't let me uninstall Photoshop CC without first downloading the Creative Cloud installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 19, 2015 Feb 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stephen it sounds like you are trying to begin the installation process through your web browser which is blocking the AAMdetect plug-in.  Please begin the installation process using the Creative Cloud Desktop application.  You can find additional details regarding the installation process at https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/install-apps.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2015 Feb 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, I'm not trying to begin the installation process through a browser. I've downloaded the Creative Cloud installer a number of times and attempted to run it, only to have it suddenly quit mid-way through downloading the CC desktop application. This happens whether or not the browser is open (in fact, that was the first thing I tried in my attempt to troubleshoot it myself).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 23, 2015 Feb 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the update Stephen.  So we avoid any future misunderstanding can you please post a screen shot of the behavior which is occurring.  Can you also list any steps you have utilized to resolve the inability to install the Creative Cloud Desktop application?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2015 Feb 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are the screen grabs:

1. Downloading the CC installer package. No problems there.

1.png

2. Running the CC installer package. So far so good.

2.png

3. After about 2 minutes, the progress bar gets to about the halfway point.

3.png

4. Then it just vanishes into thin air. No error code, no warning, nothing. Just BOOP! and it's gone.

4.png

And everything else I try to do leads me back to this. If I try to uninstall Photoshop manually, it tells me that it's missing the Creative Cloud application and so I'm back to here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stephen the only other suggestion I would have then would be to review the download logs for any specific errors. You can find details on how to locate the download logs at Error downloading and installing Creative Cloud application.

You may also want to check for an installation log but I do not believe you are able to get that far in the process.  You can find details on how to locate and interpret the installation log files at Troubleshoot install issues with log files | CC.  You are welcome to post any specific errors you discover in either log to this discussion.  If you can identify which log file it came from it can help with the interpretation process.

Finally can you confirm you completed all of the steps listed in Error "Failed to Install" Creative Cloud Desktop application?  It has resolved similar behavior for other individuals in the past.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can now confirm that I've tried every step in the Error "Failed to Install" Creative Cloud Desktop application page, including creating a new admin user and attempting to install it through that. Same thing happens: the download progress bar gets about halfway across and it vanishes.

I went to look for download logs, and there don't appear to be any:

Screen Shot 2015-02-26 at 1.59.57 PM.png

I'm starting to wonder if it's time to back everything up, reformat the hard drive and set it all up from scratch again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stephen the download logs for Mac OS are located at ~/Library/Logs/AdobeDownload/.  Please make sure you are browsing to the User Library folder as opposed to the root Library folder.

I would encourage you to contact our support team directly at Contact Customer Care prior to reformatting the computer.  Our support team can provide direct assistance to resolve your current error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2015 Mar 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no AdobeDownload subfolder in the Logs folder on my computer.

Screen Shot 2015-03-03 at 11.56.56 AM.png

I'm thinking at this point I'm going to have to take the nuclear option and just wipe my hard drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stephen you posted a screen shot of the Library/Logs folder.  The AdobeDownload folder is located in ~/Library/Logs/AdobeDownload/..  In the Finder you can select Go>Go to Folder and paste in ~/Library/Logs/AdobeDownload/ to view the hidden User library folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, you didn't mention it was a hidden folder originally. I'll have a dig through the download logs, but I have two jobs to finish first, so it will have to wait until next week. Thanks for your help thus far. You may as well close this thread now.

-Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 21, 2016 Mar 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stephen let me know if yogurt it done I have the exact problem and its driving me insane!!! Thanks in advanced

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2016 Mar 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too!!! Ughhh... Topping it all off is that people recommending solutions are apparently not understanding the problem's behavior. I too have seen this where it seems to be installing the creative cloud installer, but then just disappears.

I also tried manually removing the parts of the creative cloud. I've got a work account and a personal account. Every time I went to install an app, it'd pick up my personal account. I figured the fix would be to remove all parts of the creative cloud from my machine. I sent the app to the trash, but then noticed tat there was a bunch of other junk left behind (kind of like on a pc). I deleted those parts to. That's exactly when the problem started. Now, we need some way of resetting. There's probably some file somewhere that is in conflict with the installer. Instead of throwing an error, they simmply have it disappear. Not very sophisticated as a program.

Lame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2016 Mar 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW, I'm still waiting for a reply that will fix this on my machine. Macbook Air.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2016 Aug 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar issue.  Never had this issue before.  I'm on a MacPro was on 10.10.5.  I uninstalled Adobe CC Desktop, used the cleaner, did a Repair permissions.  I'm at the digging through logs point but my install logs show no errors.  Though I'm hoping the message from the log will help.

=========

08/19/16 16:54:44:819 | [INFO] |  | ASU | OPM | OPM |  |  | 19955 | Logging Level verbosity Set  to 4

08/19/16 16:54:44:822 | [INFO] |  | ASU | OPM | OPM |  |  | 19955 | Schema version and schema compatibility version are same or greater than current

08/19/16 16:54:44:823 | [INFO] |  | ASU | OPM | OPM |  |  | 19955 | _opm_handle_OPDReturnedStatus called with opdStatus as:0

08/19/16 16:54:44:823 | [INFO] |  | ASU | OPM | OPM |  |  | 19955 | No Record found for the input fields in opm_getValueForKey

08/19/16 16:54:44:823 | [INFO] |  | ASU | OPM | OPM |  |  | 19955 | Released OPM refrence successfully in opm_freeLibRef

=========

There are no ERRORs or FATAL errors.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 20, 2016 Aug 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Follow below steps once and check :

Step 1)

Click on the Finder and look for the options listed next to Apple Icon located at the top left corner of the Desktop screen and click on "Go" menu button and select "Utilities" option.

(Applications>Utiliites)

If present , Locate Adobe Creative Cloud and Adobe Application Manager folder under Utilities window and trash both folders.

Step 2)

If present Trash Adobe Creative Cloud folder from Applications as well.

Step 3)

1) Right click on Finder icon and  select "Go-ToFolder " option.

2) You will get a text box, type-in below command and then hit 'Return' key.( Do not miss ~ symbol)

~/library

3)Then navigate to Application Support>Adobe.

Open Adobe folder and If present ,trash folders named AAMUpdater and OOBE.

Step 4)

1) Right click on Finder icon and  select "Go-To" Folder option.

2) You will get a text box, type-in below command and then hit 'Return' key.

/library

3)Then navigate to Application Support>Adobe.

Open Adobe folder and if present  trash folders named AAMUpdater ,Adobe Application Manager and OOBE.

Step 5)

Click on the below link and download & run Adobe Cleaner tool :

Select the option "Adobe Application Manager for Mac OS X 10.6" and then click on "Clean up Selected" .

http://download.macromedia.com/SupportTools/Cleaner/mac/AdobeCreativeCloudCleanerTool.dmg

Step 6 )

Click on the below link and download Adobe Application Manager and install the same :

http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/creativesuite/cc/mac/ApplicationManager10.0_all.dmg

Once the installation process is completed, installation box will disappear, then open Application folder and locate Adobe Application manager launch icon , double click on it and update .

Once the update is completed. It shud launch Adobe Creative Cloud app.

Still same ?? let us know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2016 Aug 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems to have fixed the issue.  I'm currently reinstalling my programs.  I'll update again once everything is in working order again.

Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 22, 2016 Aug 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2016 Sep 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for posting this. I was going crazy until this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2016 Sep 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much!! I'll keep this for next time it happens to me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2018 May 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If possible, could I have these steps but for Windows please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2018 May 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would need it for windows as well, please. I have been stuck for ages and customer service won't reply (been waiting in the chat queue for 45minutes!).

Thank you

Erika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines