• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative cloud wants to make changes

Explorer ,
Mar 13, 2014 Mar 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get an annoying popup that tells me "Creative Cloud wants to make changes" and asks for my CC password. But when I enter the password it won't accept it. But if I press CANCEL, the popup returns in five seconds. I know the password is correct because I can log into CC and also my adobe account.

I thought maybe it was a virus, but if so, it has infected both my work and home Macs. The only way to rid myself of this popup (which sits on top of everything) is to quit creative cloud. I have asked Adobe for help but they've shrugged their shoulders.

Anyone else had this issue?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 13, 2014 Mar 13, 2014

Hi Gary,

This screen is asking for your Computer Password to make the necessary changes. It's Mac mechanism to authenticate whether you are the Admin user or not.

Please enter your Mac password to complete the changes.

Regards,

Abhijit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2014 Jun 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a Mac OS 10.8.5 and now this is happening to me every time I start up. It says Admin...rights are required to complete Adobe add ons....etc. but it is not popping up with a place for me to enter Admin rights. Very annoying. June  23, 2014. It seems like Adobe should have already posted me an easy solution.

I'm not liking this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 24, 2014 Jun 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Lawremce46,

As I hoped it would, the "Adobe wants to make changes" sign in box has finally gone away for me with the new 2014 updates, but the new "Administrator rights are required" box is now appearing.  When this box comes up, double click it and the administrator sign in box should appear.  Sign in (you're actually using your regular Mac Administrator sign in, not Adobe sign in), and that should make both of the boxes disappear!  At least that's how it has worked for me.  I hope this solves the problem.

Small Town Gal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2014 Jun 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The sign in box every time I boot up has also went away for me with this latest update. Hurrah!

But I also now have the "Admin rights required..." message popup every time I restart the Mac. Ugh! The message pops up and displays for a few seconds and then fades but it popups again after about 10-20 seconds. Of course I would try to click it as I'm used to interacting with messages displaying errors on my computers. When I was able to click it before it faded the "Sign in" window would appear and now I'm back to having to sign in again everyday but now I have to click the popup to get the sign in window to appear. So it looked like they fixed it, kinda sorta not really.

BUT... today I booted up and received a call right away and I noticed the "Admin Rights..." popup and disappear about 6 times or so, as I was busy I didn't interact with it... and it finally just stopped appearing. I clicked the CC panel and it opened up fine, no login required. So even though it seems counter-intuitive NOT to interact with an error message that keeps popping up on your screen I recommend ignoring it and it might go away after a couple of minutes and log you in just fine.

Adobe magic! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 25, 2014 Jun 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear All,

I think that we're ignoring what the message box is telling us…"Administrator rights are required to complete Adobe Add-ons installation or removal."  I'm not exactly sure what the "add ons" are that we might want to install, but I assume that they are "extras" that we might want to download or "add on" to InDesign or Illustrator or one of those apps.  When the time comes that we would want to install an "add on" is probably the time that the Administrator's rights would be needed.  Perhaps the window is just advising us of that for future reference.  Whether or not we sign in is as Administrator is up to us and really doesn't matter unless we want to install an "add on." later on, at which time we would have to sign in.  Just my thoughts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 30, 2014 Jun 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't reboot my mac very often, but I've had to do so recently due to some other issues. I also get the repeated, annoying popup window regarding admin rights. It happens every time I reboot. I can try ignoring it as DeonOJ suggested, but it's still annoying...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 30, 2014 Jun 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Ken,

I double clicked on the window and signed in with my Mac administrator password, and the window has gone away, at least it hasn't reappeared for the last few days.  I hope that signing in did it, but it may come back.  Have you signed in with you Mac password?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 01, 2014 Jul 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did click on the notice and entered my password. That stopped it for the moment, but the popup comes back every time I reboot or logout/login.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 01, 2014 Jul 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't get me wrong Ken, you should still probably click it to enter your password, but if after doing that it keeps popping up ignore it, mine has gone away and doesn't do it anymore at all, but I did try signing in a few times at first clicking it every time i saw it. I don't know if my ignoring it was cause for it to stop or not, but after not clicking it the last time it stopped popping up for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2014 Aug 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a similar problem.  I just signed up for CC because I recently switched to a MacBook Pro running Mavericks from a MacBook Pro running OSX 106 [old but it worked, yo].  I just wanted photoshop and illustrator because those were my most used programs on my old laptop.  I download the disk image and double click to install but stall out on the password thing.  I have tried entering my password up to 15 times and still nothing.  I can't even install the CC program because I get this password popup!  It's very frustrating. :C

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 01, 2014 Aug 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When Romance Smoked did you migrate your applications and files to your new Mac?  If so then it is likely you are facing permission issues.  Please run all available uninstallers in the Applications/Utilities/Adobe Installers folder.  You will then want to follow this with using the CC Cleaner Tool.  You can find details on the use of the CC Cleaner Tool at Use the CC Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems | CC, CS3-CS6 - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs5-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html.

In the future please make sure to only migrate your documents and settings.  Adobe Creative applications are not designed to be copied from one computer to another.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 10, 2015 Sep 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff How do you uninstall if you can't actually uninstall?  If you get this password popup all the time and can never clear it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2015 Jul 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to enter my password 150 times and it still fails.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2017 Jun 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I was beginning to think I was going mad! My computer password worked first go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2020 Dec 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! It worked ...This was driving me crazy. Yes the pop up after downloading installer is requesting your Mac password same one you sign onto your MacBook every time you login after charging 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines