Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS3 cannot activate [CS3 is now DEAD and GONE]

New Here ,
Dec 19, 2018 Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have this problem that I can't activate CS3 anymore.

I completed all the steps suggested by support:

• Completely removed the installation (by cleaner tool, plus removed old traces)
  • Download "new" installer
  • Got a new serial
  • Installed
  • Serial number entered

And now I keep getting exactly the same issue, once I start one of the installed programs, e.g. photoshop.

The popup appears and:

Program cannot be used.....

TOPICS
Activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 19, 2018 Dec 19, 2018

Jasperd17053973, my apologies for any confusion but the registration server that Creative Suite 3 used were shut down long before the activation server.  The dialog you are attempting to access is attempting to access the serial number registration server.  Please click on Never Register and then verify that your original Creative Suite 3 serial number is registered under your account at http://www.adobe.com/.

For more details on the current serial number registration process see Find your serial number

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that looks like the old cs3 still.  double check that you're using the replacement installation files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've re-downloaded the files now 3 times...still the same

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

to be precise:

the file downloaded is: ADBESTPPCS3_ESD1_WWE.exe

just did the whole circus again...and again same result.

Removed ALL traces of Adobe first, even manually removed all reg keys etc.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jasperd17053973, my apologies for any confusion but the registration server that Creative Suite 3 used were shut down long before the activation server.  The dialog you are attempting to access is attempting to access the serial number registration server.  Please click on Never Register and then verify that your original Creative Suite 3 serial number is registered under your account at http://www.adobe.com/.

For more details on the current serial number registration process see Find your serial number , Jasperd17053973.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2019 May 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have the same issue.

I generate view my old CS3 serial number a new one, download as it is described the 'new' CS 3 version. But i can not enter the new generated serial number, because the is no activation server rechable.

I had work just until yesterday with the CS3 without any problem, but then my MAC is dead. I put the disk in a similar one, but since then, the CS3 will make troubles.

Support of adobe is fully useless

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 28, 2019 May 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tobiasd13646649, if you are installing the non-activating version of Creative Suite 3, on the same computer, then you will also need to locate and remove the cache.db file as discussed in Understand why Adobe trial software expires or ends early .  This file can also exist if you transferred/migrated files to a different/new computer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2019 Jun 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks to all.

Yes I was able to solve it.

The important point was, that I must delete the file 'Adobe PCD' in the user library, not the one of the computer library.

Sure before I had generate a new license number and download the CS3 install file new.

So the steps are as follow:

1. Delete the actual CS3 installation

2. Delete the file 'Adobe PCD' in the user Library

3. Make a account by adobe and generate the new licence number.

Download Adobe Creative Suite 3 products

4. Download the new CS3 installer

5. Install the new CS3 and enter the new licence number. Note: mark to not register it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2019 Dec 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. I have Illustrator CS3 that I am trying to reinstall and it will not activate. How do I get the updated files so I can reinstall it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 22, 2019 Dec 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I still have an original CD of CS3 and serial numbers but I couldn't install it on my second computer. How did you generate new serial number? The link of these posts sent me to adobe cloud. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As best I can tell, Adobe doesn't let you get a new license number anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 22, 2019 Dec 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>How did you generate new serial number?

The process to do that has been removed... CS3 is now completely dead

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The heck of it is, I purchased two copies of CS3, one for myself and one for my girlfriend and I still have the original box with the serial number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
You don’t need CS3. An alternative to PS is procreate $13 or Clip Studio
Paint which came free with my Wacom pen tablet $50 at Bestbuy. Lots of big
artists are using clip studio for commercial purposes. Most new movies’
posters and books’ covers were done with procreate. Don’t waste your time
and money to understand the PS bible. They are cheap and cheerful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines