• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deactivating a computer with unsaved work

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I have a machine with unsaved work (eg Photoshop file that's not saved, or a movie export in progress) but I deactivate CC on that machine, what happens to the files? Are they now orphaned and inaccessible/unsavable?

(I haven't tried this yet, just wondering in case the scenario comes up)

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Standard data files (JPG or a video file) that may be opened by any programs are not changed

Properietary project files (such as a Premiere Pro project file) will not open without the specific program

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Understood. I maybe didn't emphasize the specific point of my question enough - what happens if I remotely deactivate a machine where there are *unsaved changes* to a file. Eg. Photoshop is open, I've made some modifications (and assuming just doing local saving, not continuous cloud saving), but then that machine gets deactivated before a save happens. Am I right in thinking that the changes cannot be saved at that point?

Am just trying to understand how this might work in the context of a studio with multiple machines and CC accounts that we have to occasionally shuffle around. Want to make sure that a designer's work doesn't get lost in the process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that Premiere Pro has an autosave function, which you may modify as to the time between saves and the number of saves, but I have no idea what will happen to the CURRENT work if the program is deactivated while the program is open (not an autosave from X minutes ago that is already saved)

That sounds to me like a user policy to call the user of computer A before a user on computer C turns the A program off

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sounds like s question about trying to run multiple copies of the app even though the license only allows one at a time. Don’t. It would be a license violation to deactivate CC while trying to keep apps running. Expect bad things. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Admittedly this is an edge case, but I was just wondering what would happen if it came up. Not trying to do anything nefarious! Other than autosave, doesn't sound like there's a way to prevent this if it ever does happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines