Highlighted

Error 505 for Creative Cloud update and XD Installation

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all,

I've recently downloaded Creative Cloud from the Adobe website and wanted to check out some of the software by trial. 

Creative Cloud installed fine, but the update fails and the error code 505 pops up. This error code also appears when I attempt installing XD (the progress would get to somewhere around 60-70% before the error code pops up and installation stops). 

I am running Windows 10 64bit (up to date)

I am running CC as Admin 

I was able to install Animate and Acrobat DC trials without a hitch. 

I do not have Beyondtrust Powerbroker installed

This is from my error log:

FATAL: Error (Code = 505) executing in command 'AddUWPAppxCommand' for package: 'KANC-mul', version:1.0.1.22
FATAL: Error occurred in install of package (Name: KANC-mul Version: 1.0.1.22). Error code: '505'
ERROR: Privilege lowering failed PU_CreateProcessWithTokenW! Error: 1058
ERROR: Failed to launch hdhelper exe at C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe Desktop Common\HDBox\HDHelper.exe for install UWP with error code 1058
ERROR: Failed to install UWP Appx Package with error failed to launch hdhelper.exe (delevated) for installing UWP appx with error code 1058

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! 

Topics

Creative Cloud, Installation, New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Error 505 for Creative Cloud update and XD Installation

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all,

I've recently downloaded Creative Cloud from the Adobe website and wanted to check out some of the software by trial. 

Creative Cloud installed fine, but the update fails and the error code 505 pops up. This error code also appears when I attempt installing XD (the progress would get to somewhere around 60-70% before the error code pops up and installation stops). 

I am running Windows 10 64bit (up to date)

I am running CC as Admin 

I was able to install Animate and Acrobat DC trials without a hitch. 

I do not have Beyondtrust Powerbroker installed

This is from my error log:

FATAL: Error (Code = 505) executing in command 'AddUWPAppxCommand' for package: 'KANC-mul', version:1.0.1.22
FATAL: Error occurred in install of package (Name: KANC-mul Version: 1.0.1.22). Error code: '505'
ERROR: Privilege lowering failed PU_CreateProcessWithTokenW! Error: 1058
ERROR: Failed to launch hdhelper exe at C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe Desktop Common\HDBox\HDHelper.exe for install UWP with error code 1058
ERROR: Failed to install UWP Appx Package with error failed to launch hdhelper.exe (delevated) for installing UWP appx with error code 1058

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! 

Topics

Creative Cloud, Installation, New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the detailed post, Justicus.  Error 505 indicates that the installer is not being given proper permissions to complete the installation process.  If you have already implemented the steps listed in https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/troubleshoot-download-install-logs.html then I would recommend you create a new user account to see if it faces the same error.

It may also be that UWP installations are blocked on the computer.  Only Adobe XD uses the Universal Windows Platform to complete the installation process.  Acrobat DC and Animate both use the Windows Installer Service.  If the new user account is unable to complete the installation, then please review the settings of the operating system and any installed security software to make sure UWP installations are not being blocked.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Justicus LATEST
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply, Jeff.

I'll go through the recommended steps and check up on the possible UWP problem. 

I hope it all goes well. If not, I'll be back!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines