Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error 505 for Creative Cloud update and XD Installation

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all,

I've recently downloaded Creative Cloud from the Adobe website and wanted to check out some of the software by trial. 

Creative Cloud installed fine, but the update fails and the error code 505 pops up. This error code also appears when I attempt installing XD (the progress would get to somewhere around 60-70% before the error code pops up and installation stops). 

I am running Windows 10 64bit (up to date)

I am running CC as Admin 

I was able to install Animate and Acrobat DC trials without a hitch. 

I do not have Beyondtrust Powerbroker installed

This is from my error log:

FATAL: Error (Code = 505) executing in command 'AddUWPAppxCommand' for package: 'KANC-mul', version:1.0.1.22
FATAL: Error occurred in install of package (Name: KANC-mul Version: 1.0.1.22). Error code: '505'
ERROR: Privilege lowering failed PU_CreateProcessWithTokenW! Error: 1058
ERROR: Failed to launch hdhelper exe at C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe Desktop Common\HDBox\HDHelper.exe for install UWP with error code 1058
ERROR: Failed to install UWP Appx Package with error failed to launch hdhelper.exe (delevated) for installing UWP appx with error code 1058

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! 

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation , New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 20, 2020 Mar 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the detailed post, Justicus.  Error 505 indicates that the installer is not being given proper permissions to complete the installation process.  If you have already implemented the steps listed in https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/troubleshoot-download-install-logs.html then I would recommend you create a new user account to see if it faces the same error.

It may also be that UWP installations are blocked on the computer.  Only Adobe XD uses the Universal Windows Platform to complete the installation process.  Acrobat DC and Animate both use the Windows Installer Service.  If the new user account is unable to complete the installation, then please review the settings of the operating system and any installed security software to make sure UWP installations are not being blocked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply, Jeff.

I'll go through the recommended steps and check up on the possible UWP problem. 

I hope it all goes well. If not, I'll be back!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jeff,
same as Justicus, I do not have Beyondtrust Powerbroker installed, and I am running Windows 10 64bit (up to date).
But I am not using a trial account so I think can't easily delete my account to create a new one.
What can I do ?
Thanks you for any help or suggestions
H

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I understand@Jeff A Wright correctly, the problem resides on your computer. So, you need to create a new Windows user.

Quote: Error 505 indicates that the installer is not being given proper permissions to complete the installation process. 

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

Before doing that! I would try to check your system for updates, including drivers, which might require going to your computer manufacturer's website and running a system check for drivers. 

I have run into this 505 error maybe half a dozen times now and 100% of the time, without fail, I have updated the drivers, rebooted, and adobe cloud updates again. A hassle, but much less hassle than creating a new Windows user, which in this case wouldn't fix my problem anyways if the issue is drivers... 

If updating drivers doesn't fix the problem, maybe a new Windows user will. IDK after that, I've never had to cross that bridge.

Best regards, 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Thank you for your answer !

I tried everything, but I found a solution : I had to find the "Secondary Logon Windows service" in Windows computer management and put "Secondary Logon" startup type on "automatic" mode.

Best regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The secondary logon windows service fixed this for me.  My company didn't have that service starting up on my box.  It was needed for update and XD install.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting this. This fixed it for me too.

I had the Secondary Logon Windows service disabled for security reasons. I set it to automatic and XD installed. This is my first time installing XD. Strange that I have not run into this before with Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro, After Effects, Dreamweaver, InDesign or Acrobat, even though the Secondary Login service was disabled.

Adobe, time to update your webpage on 505 errors to show this fix.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/troubleshoot-download-install-logs.html?#error505 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As per others in this thread, thanks for posting this solution!  I ran into this a few months ago and called Adobe Support.  I spent about 45 minutes watching the tech troll around inside my computer, in and out of everything related to Adobe that he could find, it seemed, and still he did not fix the problem. My apps (InD, Illustrator, PShop, and Acrobat DC) -- even the updates -- were all working all right, so I just ignored the error but this eve I decided to install Fresco, and it would not install. I figured it had to be the 505 error. I Googled the error code and found your solution. Totally fixed it! Made my day. 🙂  Thanks so much. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2024 Jan 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Secondary Logon was my issue too.  I couldn't open Adobe Acrobat and Creative Cloud kept giving me the 505 when it was trying to update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 31, 2024 Jan 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sam, I see that you have a Creative Cloud for Team membership. Please post to the Enterprise & Teams forum if your Creative Cloud for Team administrator needs assistance resolving connectivity errors.

For more information on where to post in the Community, see https://adobe.ly/3SdXeaA. ^JW

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, time to update your webpage on 505 errors to included the information in this thread.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/troubleshoot-download-install-logs.html?#error505 

It needs to include checking that Secondary Login service is set to automatic and not set to disabled. This is unique to XD. I have been using Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro, After Effects, Dreamweaver, InDesign and Acrobat for over 10 years with this service disable. Whitout the information in this thread, I would not have been able to install it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Adobe!

They updated their error 505 webpage to include this information. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines