• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with CS5 Activation

New Here ,
Feb 17, 2015 Feb 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm installing my CS5-Extended on a new computer (I finally upgraded my PC).   Since my CS5 was an upgrade from CS4, I was ready to enter both the CS5 and the CS4 serial numbers.  But, I was only asked for my CS5 serial number.  It accepted the number and opened Photoshop.   My next step is to update all of the CS5 programs (Bridge, Camera Raw, etc.).   But, every attempt to update the software fails - and the error message states that my serial number is NOT correct.   I deactivated the copy and when I ran the program again, it asks me for the serial number - JUST the CS5 number and once again, it accepts the number, but will NOT update any of my CS5 programs.   Does anyone have a recommendation.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contact support by web chat.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Mylenium.  I tried web chat, but they explained that they do NOT support older versions of Photoshop and WOULD NOT HELP ME.   They directed me to the forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 18, 2015 Feb 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Johnc25492 what specific errors are you receiving?  I reviewed your activation history for Photoshop CS5 and you activated successfully as recently as today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jeff.   When I originally installed CS5-Extended, I was asked for two serial numbers - one for CS5-Ext, and since this is an upgrade from CS4-Ext, I was also asked for my CS4-Ext serial number, which I happily provided and everything installed fine.   This time was different.  This time I was only asked for my CS5-Ext serial number, which I entered and it accepted and Photoshop CS5-Ext runs fine.   But, here's where I get a problem.  I go to the Help menu and select, "Update."   I'm told I need several important updates, including Photoshop CS5 Ver. 12.0.4, Camera RAW Ver. 6.7 and a new version of Extension Manager CS5.   I select to update these and after a couple of minutes downloading, I get a message that they all failed to install, because of an error downloading, please try again later.  But when I click the, "Customer Support" link, I get the message that explains that, "Error "This serial number is not for a qualifying product" when installing an upgrade or upsell."   Just to be sure that the software failed to find the previous version of Photoshop, I went back and installed CS4-Ext (by the way, this installation DID ask me for both the CS4-Ext and CS3 serial numbers).   This did not help.   I'm unable to install existing updates to my CS5-Ext because the software did not ask me for my previous CS4-Ext serial number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Johnc25492 when I reviewed your account I had difficulty locating the full version software title you were upgrading from.  Also one of the Creative Suite 4 serial numbers registered under your account was cancelled likely due to a return.  Please make sure you are using the valid Creative Suite 4 serial number. You can find details on how to locate your registered serial numbers at Find your serial number quickly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jeff, thank you again for your follow-up on my issue - can't tell you how much I appreciate your help!

I started with Photoshop version 6.0, then version 7.0, then CS2, CS3, CS4-Extended and now CS5-Extended.   The confusing item in my purchase history was the accidental purchase of Photoshop Elements - I intended to purchase Premier Elements for video.  Adobe was kind to allow an immediate refund of the mistaken purchase of Photoshop Elements (which was never activated).

When I spoke with Adobe earlier today, the rep from the concierge team asked me to read him the serial numbers I used to activate my CS5-Extended.  He confirmed the serial number I'm using is exactly correct.   That is why it activated my CS5-Extended.

Here's the issue.  For some reason, THIS install of CS5 did NOT include a request for my CS4 serial number.  As a result, something on the back-end of my install is now blocking any update of my CS5 software, including Camera RAW.

I've tried the following to correct.  First, I "permanently" deactivated CS5 and re-launched the program which prompts the request for my serial number.  Again, it ONLY asked for my CS5 serial number, which it accepted and again, the program BLOCKED any software updates.   Second, I installed CS4-Extended on this computer (which, by they way, the install of CS4 DID ask for both my CS4 and CS3 serial numbers and activated).   After this I deactivated ("permanently") and re-launched CS5.  Unfortunately, the successful installation of CS4-Extended did NOT change my inability to update my CS5 software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines