Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Move Apps to Another PC

Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone!

I know, I know... A lot of people already asked this question, but none of them was really answered.

So, I would like to try it by my self. My question is the following:

I want to move (emphasis on the "move" word here) some of the apps from my job to my home PC. (both uses Windows 10) I want to move Photoshop, Illustrator, After FX and Premiere Pro. But the real point here is that I cannot download them into my home PC, because I use my phone's internet pack to connect to the internet. It is good enough to make the download, but I can't use it for that. Otherwise my pack will end and I will stay without internet until next month. Which is not good.

So I NEED to know some kind of method to make it work without the need of redownload everything at home. I've already copied the folders for each of them. (Only the ones located at "C:\Program Files\ Adobe" folder) I've already reinstalled the Creative Cloud app here at home, but the app is not identifying them. The CC app still wants me to download them.

When I open one of them, I works for about 2 minutes, but them it closes by itself. So I need a way to install them here at home without the need of redownload everything. If any of you could help me, I will be glad.

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

As already mentioned by John it does not work the way you want, a lots of files are added which don't sit at just the obvious folder locations, then registry is updated and so on. The best option for you is to contact support to get a download link for the installer, download the installer while at work where you might have unmetered internet access. Using this installer you can install the application on your home computer, for future updates you would still need to use data on your home comput

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving is not possible... installing puts hidden registration files on the computer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As already mentioned by John it does not work the way you want, a lots of files are added which don't sit at just the obvious folder locations, then registry is updated and so on. The best option for you is to contact support to get a download link for the installer, download the installer while at work where you might have unmetered internet access. Using this installer you can install the application on your home computer, for future updates you would still need to use data on your home computer though.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines