• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 2017 update fails error 145

Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It did not work for me. In Task manager, the Adobe IPC broker will not close, so I could not delete all the files.

I was able to clear most.

The failure message is

Exit Code: 145

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 2 fatal error(s), 0 error(s), 1 warnings(s)

FATAL: Error (Code = 145) executing in command 'MoveDirectoryCommand' for package: 'AdobeIllustrator21-Core', version:21.1.0.327

FATAL: Error occurred in install of package (Name: AdobeIllustrator21-Core Version: 21.1.0.327). Error code: '145'

WARN: Target directory already exists: 'C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator CC 2017\Support Files\Contents\Windows'

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I cannot delete that last folder, even after stopping every adobe program and service I can find.

I have no intention of going through the agony of uninstalling the entire creative cloud suite.

I am EXTREMELY disappointed that you people cannot provide an update for your own product.

So my illustrator is dead, and I cannot work on a current project.

How about YOU fix YOUR broken update so your users can avoid having to deal with this mess.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bob,

Branching your post into a new discussion as that thread you posted in was a bit old. Moving to Creative Cloud Download & Install for further assistance.

-Wren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bobg5047134 I am sorry you are facing Error Code 145 when attempting to update Illustrator CC 2017.  This error occurs when the installer is unable to modify or replace the current files.  I would recommend that you uninstall Adobe Illustrator CC 2017 utilizing the steps listed in Uninstall or remove Creative Cloud apps​.  Once completely removed you should then be able to reinstall Illustrator CC 2017 successfully.  The latest updates will be applied as part of the installation process.  For details on how to reinstall Illustrator CC 2017 see Download and install Creative Cloud apps​.

For additional details on Error Code 145 see https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/troubleshoot-download-install-logs.html.  If you encounter any additional errors you are welcome to update this discussion Bobg5047134.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hellow there,
  I am having the same issue, and have followed your instructions, uninstalling and then attempting to reinstall illustrator, only to receive error 145 again!! Please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CatAtHiddenHeard and Theos37867759 if running the normal uninstall process is not resolving the error, as discussed in post #2, then please remove all currently installed Adobe software using the uninstallers as previously discussed.

Once you have removed all of your installed Adobe software then please download and run the CC Cleaner Tool to ensure a complete removal.  You can download the CC Cleaner Tool from Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems .  The CC Cleaner Tool is designed to only be run after the uninstallers have been run.  Please make sure to complete the steps listed in Uninstall or remove Creative Cloud apps to remove all installed software prior to reinstalling.

If you, or anyone continues, to encounter errors then can you please post any errors you are seeing within the installation log to this discussion.  Details on how to locate the installation log can be found in post #2 of this public forum discussion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issue here my whole program is gone and it will not uninstall or re-install as it is gone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the same error as bobg5047134 after running the CC updater this week. I am running Windows 10 Pro x64. The Adobe CC Control Panel is up to date.

Several other CC apps did update correctly, but the Illustrator CC 2017 update failed repeatedly. I also could not delete the offending directory ('C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator CC 2017\Support Files\Contents\Windows'). I even tried using the Windows 'TAKEOWN' and 'ICACLS' commands to gain control of this directory, but both of those failed as well, telling me I didn't have sufficient permissions to take control of the directory (my account has administrator privileges).

I could not uninstall Illustrator CC 2017 via the CC interface; selecting 'Uninstall' from the 'Manage Application' menu (the little gear menu) did nothing at all -- no action or feedback of any sort. I did not follow Jeff Wright's advice to uninstall *everything* and run the CC Cleaner Tool, because

1. that seemed like a pretty big hammer to take to my installation, and
  2. I couldn't uninstall Illustrator by following the suggested process anyway

I was able to resolve the problem by booting Windows in Safe Mode (which keeps all the Adobe services from starting automatically) and manually deleting the 'C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator CC 2017\Support Files\Contents\Windows' directory. Specifically, I did this:

1. Open the System Configuration interface (Win-R -> msconfig -> OK)
  2. Select the Boot tab
  3. Select "Safe boot" (Minimal) under "Boot options"
  4. Click OK and let the system reboot
  5. Logged back in as myself (my account has administrator privileges)
  6. Run cmd.exe with administrator privileges
  7. cd 'C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator CC 2017\Support Files'
  8. rmdir /s Contents (This finally deleted the stubborn directory.)
  9. Close cmd.exe
  10. Open the System Configuration interface (Win-R -> msconfig -> OK)
  11. Select the Boot tab
  12. Unselect "Safe boot"
  13. Click OK and let the system reboot
  14. Open the CC Control Panel and update Illustrator CC 2017.

For me, this resulted in Illustrator CC 2017 being updated.

It appears that the CC installers can leave the file system in a state where one or more files/directories are "locked" by one of the running Adobe processes, preventing update, uninstall, or even manual removal of files. I suspect this is not the intended behavior...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here's another way of accomplishing this that worked for me and didn't require safe boot:

1. Open task manager
  2. Go to startup tab
  3. Sort by publisher and disable all Adobe software
  4. Reboot machine
  5. Remove offending directory (using admin privileges if necessary)
  6. (optional) Re-enable adobe startup software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines