• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

In a loop of "Adobe Creative Cloud is needed to resolve this problem"

Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2016 Oct 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I turned on my laptop this morning, I received the following error message "Adobe Creative Cloud is needed to resolve this problem. However, it is missing or damaged. Please download and install a new copy of the Creative Cloud from ‘http://www.adobe.com/go/adobecreativecloudapp’."

Even though for the last year and a bit, I haven't had any problems with the application.

On going to 'http://www.adobe.com/go/adobecreativecloudapp’, I downloaded the "CreativeCloudSet-Up" app and ran it.

The installation gets to about 25%, when it then comes up with an error message of "Adobe Creative Cloud is needed to resolve this problem. However, it is missing or damaged. Please download and install a new copy of the Creative Cloud from ‘http://www.adobe.com/go/adobecreativecloudapp’."

On one attempt, I have tried several times now, I did get to the point, when the Creative cloud app, told me, that I've been logged out, but the sign in button, was grayed out, when I clicked anywhere on the app, I received the error message of "Adobe Creative Cloud is needed to resolve this problem. However, it is missing or damaged. Please download and install a new copy of the Creative Cloud from ‘http://www.adobe.com/go/adobecreativecloudapp’."

I've tried uninstalling the Creative cloud app, but I get an error message saying that the creative cloud app is used by programs that are installed, uninstall these before uninstalling the CC app. I'm reluctant to uninstall Acrobat, Lightroom and Photoshop, as I use at least one of them every day.

I'm running CC on a Dell Inspiron 7537 laptop (1T hard drive, 16G memory), which is running windows 10 version 1607, OS build 14353.222.

Thank you, in advance , for any help with this problem.

Rick

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 17, 2016 Oct 17, 2016

I've returned "\Program files(x86)\Common Files\Adobe", back to its original name.

Opened task manager and ended all Adobe tasks.

Gone to "C:\Users\Users_name\AppData\Local\Temp"" and deleted all the files and subfolders.

Run the "CreativeCloudSet-Up" app.

And I'm now back in business.

Thank you all for your support and advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rename the Adobe Desktop Common folder in the following location:

• Windows: \Program files(x86)\Common Files\Adobe

restart your computer and retry installing the latest cc desktop app, https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2016 Oct 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your suggestion, I've tried this and now when I run "CreativeCloudSet-Up" app, I'm getting a error message, saying an installer is running, close this and try again (error 87).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've returned "\Program files(x86)\Common Files\Adobe", back to its original name.

Opened task manager and ended all Adobe tasks.

Gone to "C:\Users\Users_name\AppData\Local\Temp"" and deleted all the files and subfolders.

Run the "CreativeCloudSet-Up" app.

And I'm now back in business.

Thank you all for your support and advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Rename the Adobe Desktop Common folder in the following location:

• Windows: \Program files(x86)\Common Files\Adobe

Rename it to WHAT?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've the same problem (MacOS Sierra; MacBook Pro).
Renaming the folder "/Library/Application Support/Adobe", restarting the computer and installing the latest cc app doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2016 Oct 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same issue on Mac Sierra for several days now. Same loop! Is there a resolution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2016 Oct 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I mark this question as "answered" ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines