• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 5 unable to install on Catalina

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Adobe tech support suggested I post my problem here.  I have had Lightroom 5 installed on my Macbook Pro since 2015, version 5.0, multiple platform.  I purchased a new iMac Pro with macOS Catalina, version 10.15.2, and wanted to install my registered Lightroom 5 on the new machine. After explaining to the tech, he gave me a link to install Lightroom 5.7.1

Drew please go through the below link you will be able to download Lightroom 
http://trials.adobe.com/AdobeProducts/legacy/99CABBAC-C975-4A06-8D99-064C6871EE80/LTRM/5_7_1/osx10/L...
Please let me know once you are able to use it.

Gratefully, I installed it and when I tried to launch I got a configuration error:

Please uninstall and reinstall the product.
If this problem still occurs, please contact Adobe technical support for help, and mention the error code shown at the bottom of this screen.
Error: 16
http://www.adobe.com/support/

Help would be appreciated.  Thank you.

[Moving from generic Start/Help forum to the specific Program forum... Mod]
[To find a forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

The Adobe tech should have known better. While Lightroom 5 may run on MacOS Catalina if it is already installed when you upgrade the OS, you cannot install Lightroom 5 on a Mac running MacOS Catalina. The installer is 32bits and MacOS Catalina does not support 32 bits applications anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Catalina is 64bit only, so if that program is not 100% 64bit it will not work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe tech should have known better. While Lightroom 5 may run on MacOS Catalina if it is already installed when you upgrade the OS, you cannot install Lightroom 5 on a Mac running MacOS Catalina. The installer is 32bits and MacOS Catalina does not support 32 bits applications anymore.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To build on John's reply, LR 5 is mostly 64-bit, but the installer is 32-bit and won't run on 10.15 (Catalina).  You could try copying the entire /Applications/Adobe Lightroom folder (I forget its exact name in the face of Adobe marketing's constant churn) from your old computer to your new one. In general, copying the app folder often works for me (but not always). And it's very possible that features of LR 5 will stop working (e.g. video playback).

[Use the reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That might work to get Lightroom running, but I would expect that you will run into problems nevertheless, because Lightroom would want to check your registration number (because this is a new machine) and that part is also 32 bits.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the insight.  I see what you are saying.  Since this is a brand new machine what would you recommend I do?  Is there any way to acquire a desktop version of Lightroom without a monthly subscription?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like John said, you could try copying the Lightroom application to your new machine. I doubt it will work, but it can't hurt to try it. If it does not work then you are out of options. There is no other way to get a perpetual license version installed on Catalina.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might as well try copying /Applications/Adobe Lightrom to your new machine to see if it works. 

Lightroom, both the Classic and cloud versions, is only available via a subscription, unfortunately.  

[Use the reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Get-Started community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2020 Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a certain suggestion for Digger Drew's problem.  I'm running LR5 without any issues on Mojave - My suggestion therefore is to downgrade from Catalina to Mojave and install and run LR5 without any issues at all.  You may even decide to stay with Mojave as it is a very good operating system (also keeping iTunes!) and upgrade to Catalina after you are no longer using LR5. 

Hope this helps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hardware: June 2020 purchased, 2019 retina iMac which came with Catalina preinstalled.

Hi. I followed the link and got the Lightroom 5.7.1 dmg. Installed okay but then got Error: 16. However, I had archived my original Lightroom 5.7 dmg from December 2014. That installed and opened, despite lapsed certificate. All working fine, except of course the map module 😞

This five and a half year old Installer can't be 32bit. The software it installed is "Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.7 Build 991162."

Adobe say the software is up to date so I don't know what the .1 stands for in their DMG 5.7.1 Maybe the problem lies there. Hope this is of help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines