Highlighted

Limit on number of devices?

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded a trial version of Lightroom CC.  So far, I like it.  I do have one question.  Are there limits on the number of devices for one account?  I share my photos with my wife though we each make our own albums at times.  But we each have a laptop, an iPad, and an iPhone.  Will that be a problem?  I wouldn't think so if we share the user name and password.  But I want to be sure of this.  Thanks!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by WobertC | Adobe Community Professional

If you purchased an individual plan for Creative Cloud, you can install the software on two computers. However, you can use it on only one computer at any given time. To install Creative Cloud on a third computer, you must deactivate the apps on one of the first two computers.

Creative Cloud activation and sign-in troubleshooting

Quote taken from this link.

So your answer is "for one account" - No limit to the number of Installations (can be >2). Limit of TWO activated at any one time. Limit of ONE 'in use' at any one time.

Topics

Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Limit on number of devices?

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded a trial version of Lightroom CC.  So far, I like it.  I do have one question.  Are there limits on the number of devices for one account?  I share my photos with my wife though we each make our own albums at times.  But we each have a laptop, an iPad, and an iPhone.  Will that be a problem?  I wouldn't think so if we share the user name and password.  But I want to be sure of this.  Thanks!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by WobertC | Adobe Community Professional

If you purchased an individual plan for Creative Cloud, you can install the software on two computers. However, you can use it on only one computer at any given time. To install Creative Cloud on a third computer, you must deactivate the apps on one of the first two computers.

So your answer is "for one account" - No limit to the number of Installations (can be >2). Limit of TWO activated at any one time. Limit of ONE 'in use' at any one time.

Topics

Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 9.4, Lightroom 3.4, Photoshop 2020 (21.2.1), Nikon DSLR, Windows-10.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to Adobe Creative Cloud

Thanks,

Mohit

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, I have Creative Cloud installed on 3 computers- work, home, and laptop. However, while I am able to sign into CC on the third machine and download software, I cannot launch said software unless I sign out of one of the other two machines. The 2-computer limit is stupid and outdated, EVERYONE who is using this kind of software has at least these three computers in their regular workflow...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to agree with Shanon. I have several computers and while I do mainly use one for the processing, the others are connected to different equipments and I have to deactivate/reactivate them alternatively... which of course require an internet connexion. It's really unpractical if you go off grid for shooting.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
WobertC LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, nothng has changed since 2017.

Unlimited number of Installs, TWO maximum Activations (Sign-ins).

If you are going "off grid" with one computer/laptop, I suggest that, on this computer, a day or so before you travel, [Sign-Out] then [Sign In]. This resets the Activation 'clock' to give you the maximum time working offline without the internet.

Offline grace period Creative Cloud

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 9.4, Lightroom 3.4, Photoshop 2020 (21.2.1), Nikon DSLR, Windows-10.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines