• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements Purchase US dollar price offer

Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I originally purchased Photoshop Elements from Amazon US, at a US Dollar price in 2013.

I now want to purchase the upgrade to Photoshop Elements 2021 at the discounted price that comes up on the web page.  See attached images.  When I proceed to purchase, I am given the UK price, which is not discounted.  I happen to currently be in the UK, but I first set up my account from the US. 

How do I purchase an upgrade to my 2013 purchased Photoshop Elements, at the US price being offered on the website?  Thank you in advance!

TOPICS
New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

@Pamela6C2C,

I can't answer that because I don't use Elements. I use pro-level Photoshop CC from my Creative Cloud subscription.  What I can tell you is Creative Cloud app installers check the OS version.  If it's not sufficient, the apps won't install.

That said, you may be able to get a free Trial and see if that works.

https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements/download-trial/try.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Further to my question below, perhaps I need to ask how do I UPGRADE my old Photoshop Elements as opposed to just purchasing the 2021 Photoshop elements?  Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also notice that while I am on Mac OS 10.13.6, the Amazon US listing for Photoshop Elements says the requirment is 10.14.

Is it that Photoshop Elements 2021 will not work on 10.13.6?

Huge thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amazon has their own policies which you must take up with them directly.

Adobe PS Elements 2021 is currently offered for $60 USD directly from Adobe  -- no middle man.

https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements/tech-specs.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Nancy.  However I still have a problem:  

I have a Mac with OS 10.13.6.  It seems based on what is said on the ADOBE website that I can't run Photoshop Elements 2021 on this computer. 

I have Photoshop Elements 11 from 2013 on the 10.8 OS partition of my computer.

If I want to upgrade my Photoshop Elements, is it that I have to purchase an EARLIER version than Elements 2021, in order for it to run on my Mac with OS 10.13.6?

If yes, how do I purchase older versions for Photoshop Elements?

I am also not sure if my processor is adequate.  It is 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7

Is this a further problem?  See screen grabs of system requirments for PE 2021 and my Mac system.  THANK YOU IN ADVANCE>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe DO NOT sell or old versions or provide them to anyone else to sell.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have a mid-model 2012 Mac with 2.3 GHz i7 processor and only 8 GB of RAM running on High Sierra.  Adobe expects users to have the lastest equipment & software  -- no more than 2 versions back. Can you upgrade to Mojave?  If not, I think it's best to stick with what you have for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Nancy.  Software update on my machine is not offering an upgrade to Mojave, but I will check with Apple whether my Mac Book Pro can accept the next step up in the OS. 

One more question for you, please.  While I certainly understand that Adobe does not SUPPORT Photoshop Elements 2021 on OSX 10.13, will PE 2021 function at all, with the understanding that I cannot access Adobe support?  Or you are saying it won't install/work at all?  Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Pamela6C2C,

I can't answer that because I don't use Elements. I use pro-level Photoshop CC from my Creative Cloud subscription.  What I can tell you is Creative Cloud app installers check the OS version.  If it's not sufficient, the apps won't install.

That said, you may be able to get a free Trial and see if that works.

https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements/download-trial/try.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines