• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Possible solution to network error 113 / 118.

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2016 Jul 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying to download Adobe updates for some weeks, but only got the connection errors 113 and 118. I have spent hours trying to solve this case with the support, an not the least to get useful answers on exactly what Adobe software that need access to Internet, but the support seems very reluctant in giving any detailed information about this. All advice I get is "use another ISP" (how easy is that, even?), "use wired internet", "turn off virus and firewall protection" (there is a reason they are there) and so on. The lack of any real interest in helping me solve my case made me give up Adobe support after five (5) long sessions. When we hade gone through the list of A-B-C questions, the chat got silent. No advice, no questions, no interest. After a while I figured it out by myself.

After reading this article about firewall settings; "Troubleshoot Adobe Creative Cloud download, install, and update issues ", I thought it should be enough to give Creative Cloud Desktop App access. But to begin with, there was no app named like that. The app in question is called Adobe Desktop Service (C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe Desktop Common\ADS\Adobe Desktop Service.exe). Second, this was NOT enough. There is another application called Setup.exe (located here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud\HDCore\Setup.exe) that also need access.

Voilà: everything downloads again! If only the support could have told me this like 2 weeks ago...

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 21, 2016 Jul 21, 2016

Hi Moll,

Thank you for sharing the information, glad to know that everything is up and running now.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 21, 2016 Jul 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Moll,

Thank you for sharing the information, glad to know that everything is up and running now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works for me after following your steps, thank you Moll!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i cant find C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud\HDCore\Setup.exe 
pls help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 04, 2023 Aug 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines