• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Still Can't Uninstall CC on Mac After SignOut, Deactivate, See More

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For a few days I've been fighting to remove CC since my CC had to be replaced. I Deactivated the Stuff before uninstall. Hunted through thousands of discs to reloaded old programs like CS5.5 and time machine hunted for CC 2017 apps,  so I could go into those to do properly. Even hunted down rogue files in Activty Monitor, and then realized I was reading a 2 year old thread, and it's still the same steps listed today, but if I can't get the CC to uninstall, do I hunt in Activity Monitor for CC and Adobe things still popping up? I don't want to do this again so should I hunt Adobe and try getting CC to uninstall from my Mac or just cleaning tool it?  I included the old page I was reading...

TOPICS
Activation , Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Crap, just saw another person's thread and it answered my question. Damn. Why did it only show me posts from 2 years ago before. Grrrrrrr

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 4 is unique in that there's no "sign out" and no "deactivate" option. Trash it oris there another hidden uninstaller?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE: 7/1/2020. I followed the steps outlined under another thread:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/download-install/can-t-uninstall-cc-for-mac/m-p/11256188?page=1#M5106...

I followed it step by step. When I got to the cleaning tool, that was done in like a second. I asked what normal time was and didn't get a reply. I ended up restarting. Then I saw a post saying to Uninstall or I would get errors. I ran the uninstaller step by step with that post. It said " Uninstall completed with errors." I noted that a bunch of apps are still in my applications. I pulled up the cleaning tool, it said "no sessions needed" or something like that. I looked over at this page and then the other. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE:  7/3/2020  ATTEMPTED TO LOAD

I guess thanks Bani_Verma from 2016 for the checklist I tried. I got a different outcome.

I guess I must have missed a few posts that coverd where I am now, I'm sure it's probably been dealt with a hundred times,  but, I hadn't seen answers related to the uninstallers finishing with " Uninstall Completed With Errors." and I didn't see anything for the many things still on my system after cleaning. It was my first time dealing with any issues with Adobe. 

I asked authors of other posts questions a couple days. Was told by one Adobe person, to start my own ( already had when I was instructed to. Told to give details. ). Gave details. Waited.

More than 8 days of system offline making backups and updating macOS... tried to move forward and flipped it out. 

LrC is back but showing folders from 2017. When I went to IMPORT - I can see the last import folders as normal. Mac Finder sees the last imports. Tried to swap catalog setting using Lightroom Catalog-4.lrcat which seems logical - highest number and had most recent date, but lost 20,000 images in the shift ( yes, they are backed up, do I have to toss it all and import all again?)... and still no images are appearing... just the grey frames with stars and colors visible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

what's the cleaning tool?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines