• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

UNABLE TO MOVE THE FILE. Exit Code 146

Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this and it didn't work. I am still getting the same error message when attempting to update Premiere.

Exit Code: 146

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 2 fatal error(s), 0 error(s), 1 warnings(s)

FATAL: Error (Code = 146) executing in command 'MoveDirectoryCommand' for package: 'AdobePremierePro12AllTrial', version:12.0.1.69

FATAL: Error occurred in install of package (Name: AdobePremierePro12AllTrial Version: 12.0.1.69). Error code: '146'

WARN: Failed to move directory '/.adobeTemp/B07C704D-A798-4C23-8676-3A9EA136395F/1/universal/App' to '/System/Library/Components/PDFImporter.component/Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2018'

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

(Branched out as a new discussion)

Hi Jamesw15982557,

Sorry for the trouble you had to go through. As you have already tried all the basic troubleshooting steps, I would like to confirm if you have tried all the steps listed here: Resolve Error Code 146 or 147 encountered while installing Adobe Creative Cloud desktop apps.

Since you are on a Mac machine you may also try the steps given in the following thread where a similar issue has been addressed: Re: Adobe Bridge Update Error 146.

Let us know if

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Hi Jeff,

This did the trick - “rename the folders.” Thanks for your help.

Solution 1: Rename Adobe folders in the Applications or Program Files folder

Note: Before attempting this solution, make sure that you have attempted to uninstall the programs you are trying to install.

Often, files left over from previous install attempts can lead to read or write file system errors. Check the Applications (Mac OS) or Program Files (Windows) folders for folders left from a previous installation or update atte

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(Branched out as a new discussion)

Hi Jamesw15982557,

Sorry for the trouble you had to go through. As you have already tried all the basic troubleshooting steps, I would like to confirm if you have tried all the steps listed here: Resolve Error Code 146 or 147 encountered while installing Adobe Creative Cloud desktop apps.

Since you are on a Mac machine you may also try the steps given in the following thread where a similar issue has been addressed: Re: Adobe Bridge Update Error 146.

Let us know if this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

This did the trick - “rename the folders.” Thanks for your help.

Solution 1: Rename Adobe folders in the Applications or Program Files folder

Note: Before attempting this solution, make sure that you have attempted to uninstall the programs you are trying to install.

Often, files left over from previous install attempts can lead to read or write file system errors. Check the Applications (Mac OS) or Program Files (Windows) folders for folders left from a previous installation or update attempt.

Navigate to:

Mac OS: /Applications

Windows: C:\Program Files\Adobe\

Look for folders that are clearly named for the applications you are trying to install, and rename them. For example, rename Adobe Photoshop CC to Adobe Photoshop CC old.

Check for a folder named AdobePatchFiles and rename it.

(Mac OS only) Rename the Adobe folder in the Applications folder to Adobe old.

Reinstall the software.

If your installation is successful, confirm that your other Adobe applications are working, and then delete the renamed folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent, thank you for updating the discussion, Jamesw15982557!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2021 Jun 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was really helpful. Thanks 👍

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please can you use picture don't understand

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2023 Sep 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the solution on cannot add module, try to rename it, I found it in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Installers
I just delete the application file that got error in my case it was Photoshop Beta, after that I go back to Creative Cloud and install the addons I want and it workedimage.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2023 Sep 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobo32152268n6i9_0-1694224739960.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines