• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why can't I activate CS3 Photoshop?

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2017 Jul 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using CS3 Photoshop on this computer for about 2 years using Windows 10. I had bought CS3 in 2007 and used it on Vista on an old computer.Now when I start it I have to activate and it wont. I've uninstalled the old version and reinstalled from your link a version with a new code and one that is supposed to not require activation.but I still get the same response. When I check the new folders the Photoshop sub files are dated 2007. I thought I was down loading a newer version which didn't need activation.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Ianf1945 please see my response to Erika in Re: CS3 - Still getting Activation Error Message with new Installer .  Erika has been encountering similar difficulties.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 30, 2017 Jul 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS3 and Acrobat 8 activation server is retired https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2362726

-includes a link to a special installer and non-activation serial number

If you are using both the special installer and the special serial number, and it isn't working, your problem may be Win10 and a very old program

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is not the problem. It worked perfectly well on Windows 10 till I got the "activate" screen. I received a new serial number and installed what you claim to be a  new version. The problem is your end since I did exactly what you said and al I got was the same old "activation" screen which your link claims should not happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ianf1945 please see my response to Erika in Re: CS3 - Still getting Activation Error Message with new Installer .  Erika has been encountering similar difficulties.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines