• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot associate git repositpory

Engaged ,
Jun 25, 2017 Jun 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone suggest why the option to associate a git repository is grayed out and I am unable to select it?

I do remember that it was available before i installed git on my PC.

I am running DR CC 2017 on PC

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Jun 29, 2017 Jun 29, 2017

I think this problem was related to my specifc computer or its firewall setting, in case git need to communicate .

I temporarilt installed DW on another machine and all works smoothly.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 26, 2017 Jun 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to be sure, are you following the process mentioned in this doc?

Learn how to download and use Git with Dreamweaver CC.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2017 Jul 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem and it is still not solved. I could associate a Git repository in a first step. I made no further steps but decided to reinstall the Git client in another folder and I run in this problem. I have reinstalled the Git client in the first directory but the problem remains. Nevertheless I am able to see content in the git-Window

git.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2017 Jul 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem solved. The option 'Associate a Git Repository with this site' isn't available any longer as soon as the site was associated. You can do this only once. The option comes back after deleting the .git-folder in the root-directory of the associated site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2019 Nov 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.  I do not see a Git repository in my local site.  What exactly should I look for?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2019 Nov 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This discussion was started more than two-and-a-half years ago. Please start a new topic.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2017 Jul 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can somebody explain which executables should be identified in the Git setup page?

The Windows version of Git appears to include three potential candidates:

C:\Program Files\Git\bin\git.exe

C:\Program Files\Git\cmd\git.exe

C:\Program Files\Git\mingw64\bin\git.exe

C:\Program Files\Git\mingw64\libexec\git-core\git.exe

or even tools such as:

C:\Program Files\Git\git-cmd.exe

It's very unclear what "git executable" the "Learn How To..." page is talking about.

Even less clear is what "Terminal" should be used, and whether it's required or optional.

I'm having this same issue of the grey'd out Git section in the Site Setup dialog, and not finding any solutions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2017 Jul 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• I think you should use C:\Program Files\Git\bin\git.exe. Or just git.exe because the Git app is in the path.
  • for the terminal use C:\Program Files\Git\git-bash.exe - but I don't know for what reason this terminal is used
  • did you delete the .git folder in the root directory of you web side? It is a hidden file, make sure that you have enabled the option that hidden files are shown

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not much help.

I followed the link and downloaded Git.

But i don't know how to create a Git account.  Is that the same as a Github account?

A little more step by step would be a big help for those of us who have never used Got.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi BROnstott,

Yes, it is the same as GitHub account. You could create it for free. You will find all the relevant links in the documentation.

https://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/using/git-support.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 29, 2017 Jun 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this problem was related to my specifc computer or its firewall setting, in case git need to communicate .

I temporarilt installed DW on another machine and all works smoothly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines