• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC 2017 Issues people are having.

Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

#1 Code Color Choices removed. This needs to be easier than manually editing LESS and JSON files.   I would much prefer to have my old code colors back but they are in an XML file and it's going to take some major doing to translate that to LESS.

#2 Files Panel Headers.  I think this should be turned on by default instead of making people hunt for ways to turn it on.

#3 Hi-Def Aware UI Scaling. The lack of support for this is really hurting some people.  'Nuff said.

#4  Preview in Browser/Real Time Preview.  Is there any way to turn off Real Time Preview?  I'm getting really wacky results with it.

This is what I'm trying to view - a basic Bootstrap,  2-column layout.

Real Time Preview is showing a Bootstrap Carousel that doesn't exist in this document.  Not even close.

If anyone has more stuff to add, please chime in.

Nancy O.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Emmet can be turned on/off under Edit > Preferences > Code Format > Emmet

Unchecking the box for "Expand abbreviations using the Tab key" kills it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're right! How could I miss that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I missed it too.  Thanks, Jon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I re-install the previous version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see the CS6 version but not the 2015 version I was using and was deleted when I installed 2017... I'll go back to CS6, at least that works...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a bit confusing on where exactly you need to go to get previous versions. You really have to pay attention to which "Previous Versions" header you're looking at.

One is "previous versions installed on your machine" and the other is "previous versions available to install" CC2015 is definitely there...

Download and install Creative Cloud apps

cc2105.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  AE 2017 was crashing EVERY SINGLE TIME I touched my scroll button with the cursor over the viewing window.  (This was working perfectly before the update.)   Even after I'd figured out what was crashing it, I still accidentally or by muscle memory, touched the scroll button...after about 8 crashes in 15 minutes, I was about to uninstall and ask for a refund from Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jon Fritz II wrote:

It's a bit confusing on where exactly you need to go to get previous versions. You really have to pay attention to which "Previous Versions" header you're looking at.

One is "previous versions installed on your machine" and the other is "previous versions available to install" CC2015 is definitely there...

Download and install Creative Cloud apps

cc2105.jpg

This is amazing to see, here, but does not show up on my computer like this, I only get a java needs to be reinstalled if I want CS6 version, I don't want CS6 version I want 2015 and it's Friday and this week has been seriously bent by 2017 not working properly, I'm getting very little work done with it and have to 'kick' it along... Maybe an update with fixes will come out over the weekend, can only hope...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 05, 2016 Nov 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See my screenshot below.  This is for Photoshop but you should see something similar for Dreamweaver.   If not click on FIND ADDITIONAL APPS.

Nancy O.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Nov 05, 2016 Nov 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So nice to have your help Nancy O., I was put off because it only showed one image for Dreamweaver under previous versions and the word 'Install' which I would think would have showed the versions before the word 'install' anyway, I took a chance and hit install and THEN the menu as you show came down for the choice... Such a world, walking on pins and needles sometimes and not wanting more surprises... Thank You - installing v. 2015 now...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its there,, I just clicked down the tree a little and Poof! there it was..

I should have Known better that to upgrade as soon as I did.. it always seems to be best to wait awhile until at least 2 or 3 patches have come out..

I upgraded to 2017,, but to be honest,, I don't really know enough on using DW to make a valid judgement.. so since I'm really just learning this and not wanting to re-learn what I have using the 2015 version.. I re-installed 2015 and Deleted 2016 from my account.. Now the Issue has come up that anytime I try to use a split view or live view I get a bunch of errors pop up,, Did 17 corrupt 15 files? can I re-load 15 again? (I cant find a way to do that except deleting 15 and loading it again).. I have to ask myself.. is this really worth it?

Screen Shot 11-04-16 at 07.41 AM.PNGScreen Shot 11-04-16 at 07.40 AM.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Javascript errors like those can normally be fixed by clearing the program cache, but here's a page with a few other options just in case JavaScript errors in Dreamweaver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do revert back to the previous version? Do you have to uninstall the present one? I don't want to delete my sites!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export your .ste files first (Site > Manage Sites > Export), then import them into the old installation if they aren't there already (Site > Manage Sites > Import).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good grief! That's the last time I update without waiting for people's comments. I don't have time to work part time as an unpaid beta tester!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And the Insert menu is ridiculous! Icons help you be more productive, why remove this feature???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

paulk7737514 wrote:

And the Insert menu is ridiculous! Icons help you be more productive, why remove this feature???

??

My insert menu still has icons, there's an option to turn off the labels, but the icons are there.

Or do you mean the File menu? That thing has some kind of disease in the new version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't you mean the Toolbar? There used to be several insert menus, one for HTML, one for PHP, etc. underneath the main menu.

And I really miss all the bright colors designating different types of code, especially the bright yellow for comments. All the code is in the same drab color scheme!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paul,

Is this the toolbar you're looking for?

Go to Window > Insert (Ctrl+F2).  Then drag that Insert panel to an area just above your document window.  It should snap into place.

Nancy O.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. but I'm going back for now. I don't even like how the file icons look like in the Files panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reverting to the earlier version unfortunately means you lose whatever updates were made before the 2017 version was released.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by updates?  Your site files are saved to your hard drive exactly the same as before.  If you edit filename.foo in your local site folder, save, close app.  Reopen filename.foo from local site folder in  another application, your files changes should be there. 

Nancy O.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded without going to the advanced options and keeping 2015. So it was deleted and I had to re-install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And now of course I'm getting various weird Javascript errors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines