• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC Libraries Change Default 'Edit' Program For Images

Community Expert ,
Aug 31, 2018 Aug 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Dreamweaver in the CC Libraries panel, when I right click > edit on an image Photoshop is launched by default. I want to change the default to Adobe Fireworks.

I have changed the file associates in Adobe Bridge to associate all image formats with Fireworks and already have Fireworks set up as the only editor for all image formats in Dreamweaver prefs.

Nothing to do with Windows 10 default file associations either.

Any ideas or suggestions appreciated.

Paul-M - Community Expert

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 03, 2018 Sep 03, 2018

Just to reiterate I know how to set default editors in Dreamweaver via preferences > file types/editors, I have been using Dreamweaver since 2000 !!!. I have deleted Photoshop entirely from the the file types/editors settings in Dreamweaver and ONLY have Fireworks set as an editor for jpeg, png, gif  as I wanted to see if it had any effect on the CC Libraries panel default 'edit' program..... It doesn't

I don't really think this is a specific Dreamweaver issue per-say and it shouldn't have been

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 06, 2018 Sep 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't see you click the make primary 'rendre principal' button in that video?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try deleting Photoshop and just leave fireworks as the only editor is the only other suggestion I have  - Nest stop is Adobe support ... Good luck 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well, I'll see if it works on the next build... currently (except for testing purpose) I'm daily using CS6 and there it works as expected, and plus it was still possible to first indicate fireworks path and second define a code editor as alternate solution to DW... what else

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6 does not use libraries which was the OPs concern. The rest can also be configured in current Dw editions.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes there are two thread in one... but as the OP (first thread, about cc library) was solved and marked as so... I 've continued the second thread concerning just the filtetype prefs setting...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Abambo  a écrit

The rest can also be configured in current Dw editions.

no, we can no longer define an external code editor as in previous versions (before CC). the advantage was that it was possible from the file panel, through a right click to select if we wanted to edit the file from DW or from the external code editor, and to simply modify at any time the default value... it was really convenient.

light edition in within DW... heavy coding external....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/B+i+r+n+o+u  wrote

Abambo   a écrit

The rest can also be configured in current Dw editions.

no, we can no longer define an external code editor as in previous versions (before CC). the advantage was that it was possible from the file panel, through a right click to select if we wanted to edit the file from DW or from the external code editor, and to simply modify at any time the default value... it was really convenient.

light edition in within DW... heavy coding external....

If you can not set Fireworks or some other external program as the default editor in Dreamweaver preferences > File Types / Editors then I reckon you need to speak with Adobe support, because that should work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Read carrefully... I talk about external code editor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 01, 2018 Sep 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ALsp  wrote

A preference option for setting a default editor needs to be agnostic. What if someone's editor of choice is GIMP, or Paint Shop Pro?

When the CC Libraries are a specific CC feature, only programs knowing how to access that feature will do so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Makes sense. I would never consider using such a feature, so I simply ignore it. Thank you for the clarification.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use it to drop common colour definitions to be used in between Adobe programs. But if at any moment one of the programs does not use libraries I need to do it the classical way, noting down definitions an using those. Fireworks is not library aware, so I would not expect it to work with. If it works its great, if not, don’t shoot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 03, 2018 Sep 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to reiterate I know how to set default editors in Dreamweaver via preferences > file types/editors, I have been using Dreamweaver since 2000 !!!. I have deleted Photoshop entirely from the the file types/editors settings in Dreamweaver and ONLY have Fireworks set as an editor for jpeg, png, gif  as I wanted to see if it had any effect on the CC Libraries panel default 'edit' program..... It doesn't

I don't really think this is a specific Dreamweaver issue per-say and it shouldn't have been moved to the Dreamweaver forum because the thread has gone off on a tangent.

It's not the end of the world but as I work in Dreamweaver/Fireworks all day it would have been handy to be able to use the CC Libraries panel in Dreamweaver in that way. Nearest is using open with from inside Adobe Bridge with Fireworks set as the default for image file types.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 03, 2018 Sep 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry your question was moved by a moderator.   I'm also sorry this discussion went off topic.   If you think I should lock this from further discussion, I will.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...and FYI we won't be purchasing anymore of your extensions either ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm really sorry you felt the need to attack me personally. Despite what you think, it does make you look worse. It really does. But I'm not here to police. I'll leave that to others. And I do hope that your little hissy fit does not lead anyone to think that I was attacking Nancy, because nothing could be further from the truth. It is obvious I misread your issue and that Nancy read it correctly. My remark was good-natured.

But I will offer some advice. Take it for what it's worth:

With electronic dialogue, it is sometimes easy to misread attitude and intention. You might want to be mindful of that. And if you ever need to obfuscate or mask your words with asterisks, you might want to reconsider using them in the first place.

You've mistaken my intentions (which were first and foremost to help you). This is really unfortunate.

So, I'll leave this thread to those better adept at policing the forum and bid you adieu.

And I don't really see where you've purchased many of our extensions - at least since you posted a question on our forum 6 years ago. If you have, than you shouldn't throw out the baby with the bathwater... just a thought. And if my hunch is right, and I rubbed you the wrong way, perhaps it would help if you contacted me off forum and got it off your chest. I'm sometimes a lot nicer in real life than I appear online

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 05, 2018 Sep 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its an embarrassment to Adobe that you are given ACP status and think that gives you the right to make smart comments, condescending remarks and generally speak down to people. Quite astonishing given the fact you didn't even read my original post properly!

FYI We have purchased quite a few of your extensions but as Dreamweaver adopted Bootstrap we've decided to start using Bootstrap framework quite a few years ago, so there's no need any more to use your extensions or buy new ones from you either.  What I'm going to do is visit your Product re-download page on your website and forward the emails I receive to you, so you can see for yourself. OK Mr Smarty Pants With A Superiority Complex !!!! All good then, next time try reading posts properly before wading in with your smart comments ... People in glass houses and all that ....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines