• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copy & Paste Failing: Dreamweaver CC 2018

Participant ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On multiple occasions, I've experience Copy and Paste failures. Or, rather, unexpected behaviors.

1. I copy a line of code, and paste it somewhere else in the same document.
  2. Then I copy another line of code, and paste it somewhere else.

Only, the second paste, pasted what was copied the first time. From then on, the only item working in the edit menu is paste. Even if you copy something from outside of Dreamweaver (TextEdit) and paste into Dreamweaver, it still paste what was copied the first time.

When this is happening, Dreamweaver is the only app behaving this way. Tells me it must be limited to Dreamweaver.

From what I've read, on other forums, I'm not the only one seeing this. Yet, it's not a topic here.

I'm running MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2016) / 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7 / 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 / OS X 10.13

The Dreamweaver CC 2018 I'm using is Build 10136. I just updated to it yesterday (10-23/2017).

TOPICS
Performance , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 27, 2019 Nov 27, 2019

Hi All,

We have fixed the copy-paste issue in the latest Dw 20.0 update.

Request you all to try out the latest Dw update and provide your valuable feedback on the same.

Thanks,

Nayan

Dreamweaver Team

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 08, 2018 Jul 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The stuck clipboard problem on Mac is nothing new.  See below for solutions.

http://osxdaily.com/2018/02/02/fix-copy-paste-not-working-mac/

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2018 Jul 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not the issue. Copy/paste isn't stuck, there are obviously two parallel copy/paste systems that are not communicating, that's what I said.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 12, 2018 Oct 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No paste option after copying code in the latest DW update 18.2. Very annoying.  Worked until the update yesterday. Also get annoying popups saying scripts for open and save are not defined.  I tried resetting preferences and that did not do anything to resolve these problems.  Just created more work for me to reset the view options.  This version should have been tested before deploying to users because it has a lot of problems.  Please do a rollback to a stable version.  For now, I am just going to use Visual Studio Code instead of Dreamweaver.  What a waste of money for a program that can't perform the simplest of tasks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2018 Aug 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. What platform & version/build Dreamweaver is running on?

Running iOS High Sierra v10.13.6 15-inch MacBook Pro, 2.9 GHz INtel Core i7, Radion Pro 560 4096MB Intel HD Graphics 630 with 16GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3

2. Is DW in Standard or Developer workspace. And a screenshot of the DW workspace

In Standard workspace

3. What is document view(full code view, split design/live view, undocked document) when the issue starts appearing.

Full code view

4. Does the issue start while user is working on DW or after he switches from other app/Desktop to DW or after user minmizes & maximizes DW.

Starts right from the get go and restarting DW does not help nor restarting the MacBook or killing the clip board. You however can copy/paste between DW files just not outside of DW window.

5. What are the steps user was doing just before the issue occurred like FTP operations, switching between documents, etc.

Copied code from another source, pasted into DW, fixed it and copied it back and tried to paste back and could not.

6. Is the issue specific to Ctrl+C & Ctrl+V operations or the issue is occurring with other KB shortcuts like Ctrl+A, Delete key, Ctrl+D(duplicate line), etc

It is happening with Ctrl+C and right-click Copy and the menu Edit Copy

7. When the issue starts occurring, does pressing Ctrl+A or delete result in executing these operations in any of the open panels like Files Panel or DOM panel

No nothing seems to help

8. Does the issue occur only on selecting code using mouse or even for selections done with keyboard

Yes it does

9. Once it occurs, does clicking outside Dreamweaver and redoing the selection in code help in resolving the issue

No it does not

10. Share a small video clip demonstrating the issue happening? (Please note: as the issue is a focus related issue, it might occur when screen capturing app is running)

I am not sure what you want me to capture or how to get it to you once I do a recording. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 07, 2018 Aug 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From what I understand, the team is investigating a few issues with this feature. Meanwhile, to all those of you that are affected, please send me your Adobe ID, location, and phone number along with the URL of this post over a private message. To send a private message, click my profile picture and use the Message button. We will get in touch with you for investigation.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2018 Aug 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I managed to copy/paste to Pages and reverse, after which I could copy/paste between DW and Safari/Chome, hapering all the time.

By changing the Copy/paste from between DW and the browsers into between DW and Pages, communication between DW and the browser is immediately restored. But, it returns, sometimes in the same hour, sometimes the next day or later.
Working on a Mac under High Sierra with the latest version of DW.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 09, 2018 Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also now having this issue after the last update.  Today is the first day in which it started.  I cannot copy anything from Dreamweaver to the clipboard.  It's extremely frustrating and now my workday is shot unless I can find a work around.  It literally just started happening.  Please fix ASAP Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If those having an issue with Copy/Paste in DreamWeaver and using a MacBook iOS High Sierra I found a solution to get the function back for a period of time. Close your applications. Go to the utilities folder in applications open up the activity monitor and force quit the pboard. You may have to use the search function in the activity monitor to find pboard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE:  I just did a re-install of Chrome and Safari and it now is copying from the clipboard to the browsers.  I have found that it is copying to clipboard, but it won't paste to the browsers.  Once I did a reinstall of the browsers, it now works, but for how long is a good question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2018 Aug 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Same issue here. There is lots of reporting about this problem and is impossible to work with this simple copy/paste feature. One important thing for the DW community, it's working on standard view, and not working on developer view.

1. What platform & version/build Dreamweaver is running on? Windows 10. DW 18,2.
  2. Is DW in Standard or Developer workspace. And a screenshot of the DW workspace - Developer.
  3. What is document view(full code view, split design/live view, undocked document) when the issue starts appearing.

As soon as you try to copy/paste anything. From Chrome, notepad, whatever. Also if I want to copy anything from the document, the option is unavailable.

1. Does the issue start while user is working on DW or after he switches from other app/Desktop to DW or after user minmizes & maximizes DW. No.
  2. What are the steps user was doing just before the issue occurred like FTP operations, switching between documents, etc. Steps? 1.Copy the source - 2. Paste within DW. It's not working with the keyboard shortcuts or the mouse copy/paste option.
  3. Is the issue specific to Ctrl+C & Ctrl+V operations or the issue is occurring with other KB shortcuts like Ctrl+A, Delete key, Ctrl+D(duplicate line), etc. Both.
  4. When the issue starts occurring, does pressing Ctrl+A or delete result in executing these operations in any of the open panels like Files Panel or DOM panel. Ctrl+A
  5. Does the issue occur only on selecting code using mouse or even for selections done with keyboard. Both.
  6. Once it occurs, does clicking outside Dreamweaver and redoing the selection in code help in resolving the issue. No.
  7. Share a small video clip demonstrating the issue happening? (Please note: as the issue is a focus related issue, it might occur when screen capturing app is running). Don't have time for video. Sorry.

Thanks and regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2018 Sep 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worth to try because it happened to me and works well:

1. Open Activity Monitor (type in Spotlight Search)

2. Find 'pboard' and Force Quit it.

3. Try copy & paste again.

Note: I'm using Dreamweaver CC2018 + MacOS High Sierra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2018 Sep 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am an experienced Copy-paster. The problem happens so very often, more than once a day. The above remedy and/or restarting Safari and or in the mean time applying Copy/paste in any other application (like Pages), all of these solutions work out fine. It certainly seems more of a serious problem in MacOS (I use High Sierra) than in Dreamweaver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2018 Sep 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

Recently updated to Dreamweaver cc 18.2 10165 build on Windows 10 from cc 2015 and I forget the version or build for cc2015.

I now have similar issues with copy and paste.  I cannot copy and paste withing code view, design view or live view.  I cannot even copy code snippets out to paste them in via notepad ++, I have to cut, undo in dreamweaver, and then paste in notepad++.  If I don't do in that order, I will paste a blank space.  Copy/paste within code view will sometimes paste the code of the whole document in the space I want the snippet.  Sometimes it will paste html that has been through the converter so all the special characters are replaced with ascii representations.  Hell, I can't paste in text from outside dreamweaver into the code or any other view, only blank space.

Makes the software, which my company pays a lot for, nearly useless. 

What the hell is the problem here?  I see no answers or real solutions.  Should I just downgrade to my previous version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 20, 2018 Sep 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copy & paste is no problem for me on Win 10.  Have you tried restoring preferences?

Unusual behavior in Dreamweaver? Try restoring preferences.

PS I have multiple versions of DW on my system. There's no harm in reverting to an older version if it fits in better with your workflow.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 19, 2019 Apr 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is now April 20, 2019.  I cannot believe this problem is a problem.  This thread has been going on for more than a year and it's stioll a problem!  My computer is running windows 10 so this isn't an apple problem.  Adobe has something messed up in the Dreamweaver code. 

This is amazing.  It never occured to me that the copy past function could be messed up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using the latest CC 2019 build of Dreamweaver?

Paul-M - Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.

I finally found a link to reset Dreamweaver by deleting the Roaming App Folder and the entry in the registry.  Dreamweaver came up as new.  All I need to do now is re establish my workspaces. 

Using the "Windows + Ctrl + Shift + double click on the Dreamweaver.exe" didn't work because the Logitech K850 keyboard doesn't have a windows key. 

Thanks . . . Guy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 23, 2019 Apr 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally found a link to reset Dreamweaver by deleting the Roaming App Folder and the entry in the registry.  Dreamweaver came up as new.  All I need to do now is re establish my workspaces.

Using the "Windows + Ctrl + Shift + double click on the Dreamweaver.exe" didn't work because the Logitech K850 keyboard doesn't have a windows key.

Thanks . . . Guy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 27, 2019 Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We have fixed the copy-paste issue in the latest Dw 20.0 update.

Request you all to try out the latest Dw update and provide your valuable feedback on the same.

Thanks,

Nayan

Dreamweaver Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copy/Paste still does not work, and I tried the fixes in this thread. I just updated to Dreamweaver 2020 and it will not let me paste some text from Word or from TextEdit. That's a normal workflow. How can any QA engineer call this fixed? "Works on my machine?" This has been going on three versions. Back to BBEdit.

Mac OS 10.14.6

DW 20.0 Build 15196

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @plentyoflight,

Sorry to hear that you are still facing this issue. Can you please confirm the below:

1) Text is not pasted in Code view or Live view ?

2) Did you try killing pboard process from Activity Monitor and is this issue seen even after killing pboard process ?

3) Can you please share the screen recording illustrating the issue over Google Drive, Dropbox or any other sharing tool.

It would be great if you can help us with reproducible steps of the issue for investigating the same at our side.

Also, we would want to have a remote connect session for collecting the reproducible steps of the issue and gathering required debugging information at any suitable time to you.

You can please write to us on your availability to kankariy@adobe.com.

Thanks,

Nayan

Dreamweaver Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2020 Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not certain about this, but what may be happening is sometime in the last couple versions of the software, the ability to paste into a blank document was removed and the <body> tag must be present to paste into the interface.

While trying to recreate the issue for support I noticed I almost always delete the default <html><body> code. I never use Dreamweaver for an entire document or site, just to clean text and write correct html visually for articles and other html.

So, when I command+n to open a new document and paste into the live view, paste works. When I command+n and delete the default html document code, the <body> is outlined in grey and paste is disabled.

This is sounding like a design feature that doesn't anticaipate anyone would ever want to paste information into a blank document. It expects everyone to always want to paste into an html <body>. Does that match anyone's experience?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 29, 2020 Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @plentyoflight,

Thank you reverting back on this and clarifying the issue you are facing. We are aware of this issue where having no body tag or default html tags in the code makes editing operations including Paste (in your workflow mentioned) disabled in live view.

Having said the above, we will be working on this Feature Enhancement Request raised by you and keep you posted on the availability of this capability in future Dw releases.

From Dw 20.0 we have added an ability to edit blank html page (with default tags available in code) in live view which was not available in earlier Dw versions.

Please let us know if our above understanding on the issue you are facing is right else kindly provide more inputs on the issue.

Thanks,

Nayan

Dreamweaver Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2020 Feb 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it is not fixed. I have update 20.1. Paste Special is greyed out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 16, 2020 Feb 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @MacRoibeaird,

Can you please help us with the workflow in which you are encountering the issue. Also, can you please let us know in which view(Code, live view edit mode or live view element display mode) you are seeing Paste Special is greyed out?.

Paste Special is greyed out in Live view edit mode by default whereas Paste Special should be enabled in Live view Element Display mode.

Thanks,

Nayan

Dreamweaver Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines