• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copy & Paste Failing: Dreamweaver CC 2018

Participant ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On multiple occasions, I've experience Copy and Paste failures. Or, rather, unexpected behaviors.

1. I copy a line of code, and paste it somewhere else in the same document.
  2. Then I copy another line of code, and paste it somewhere else.

Only, the second paste, pasted what was copied the first time. From then on, the only item working in the edit menu is paste. Even if you copy something from outside of Dreamweaver (TextEdit) and paste into Dreamweaver, it still paste what was copied the first time.

When this is happening, Dreamweaver is the only app behaving this way. Tells me it must be limited to Dreamweaver.

From what I've read, on other forums, I'm not the only one seeing this. Yet, it's not a topic here.

I'm running MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2016) / 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7 / 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 / OS X 10.13

The Dreamweaver CC 2018 I'm using is Build 10136. I just updated to it yesterday (10-23/2017).

TOPICS
Performance , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 27, 2019 Nov 27, 2019

Hi All,

We have fixed the copy-paste issue in the latest Dw 20.0 update.

Request you all to try out the latest Dw update and provide your valuable feedback on the same.

Thanks,

Nayan

Dreamweaver Team

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wowzers!  

Here I thought it was just my new system being all wonky . . .

1. What platform & version/build Dreamweaver is running on?
  • DW 20.1 Build 15244
  • Windows 10
  1. Is DW in Standard or Developer workspace. And a screenshot of the DW workspace
  • Standard
  1. What is document view(full code view, split design/live view, undocked document) when the issue starts appearing.
  • Split view Code to Code - Getting errors
  • Split view Code to Design - Not getting errors
  • Of note, we use include files for templates, so as mentioned the code view does not contain HTML or BODY tags. This is probably also why Pasting works in Design view (as long as the site has been setup).
  1. Does the issue start while user is working on DW or after he switches from other app/Desktop to DW or after user minimizes & maximizes DW.
  • This is actually how I reset the problem and fix the copy-paste problem.  I ALT-Tab back to another application and do a quick COPY PASTE in something else.
  1. What are the steps user was doing just before the issue occurred like FTP operations, switching between documents, etc.
  • Freshly opened DW, freshly opened Template or newly opened existing file.
  1. Is the issue specific to Ctrl+C & Ctrl+V operations or the issue is occurring with other KB shortcuts like Ctrl+A, Delete key, Ctrl+D(duplicate line), etc
  • This is how I figured out it was a DW issue . . .
  • I'm a keyboard user so avoid the mouse. 
  • If I select text and do CTRL+C, and then navigate to the other view to CTRL+V, it will do nothing the first time. 
  • When I do CTRL+C and CRTL+V the second time it will paste the text I copied wherever the mouse is currently hovering (most times the mouse pointer is located in the view I just copied from).
  1. When the issue starts occurring, does pressing Ctrl+A or delete result in executing these operations in any of the open panels like Files Panel or DOM panel
  1. Does the issue occur only on selecting code using the mouse or even for selections done with keyboard
  • The problem seems to occur with either mouse or keyboard. 
    However, I noticed the first time it errs out, nothing is being added to the Clipboard. 
  • Highly recommend Clipboard view when T/S this.
  1. Once it occurs, does clicking outside Dreamweaver and redoing the selection in code help in resolving the issue
  • Yes, if I alt Tab to another App and do a small copy paste and go back.

I've taken to doing CUT and PASTE in order to have a visual indication of whether or not the functions are working.

Hope this helps. 

Serious PITA!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dilly,

Thank you for providing detailed information on the issue. We are trying to reproduce this issue internaly for investigating the same.

Can you please check and confirm if the content you are pasting in the other view is actually getting pasted in the page at any other location and not where your cursor is or the content is not getting pasted at all.

Thanks,

Nayan

Dreamweaver Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not completely certain how it bugs out . . . and how it decides where the content gets pasted.  I'd assumed it had something to do with the mouse, but it might not. 

The content from the Clipboard gets pasted "not where I moved the flashing cursor".

Sometimes that's at the top of the code which is not in view in either Code View Panes.

Key sequence is this . . . 
Flashing Cursor in Left Pane (Code)
 Highlight text with Mouse or Keyboard
 CTRL+C  or CTRL+X  (if CTRL+X doesn't work I know I need to stop and reset)
 CTRC+`

Flashing cursor now in Right Pane (Code)

UP/Down nav 

or . .. HOLD SHIFT - NAV to select text (highlighted blue)

CTRL + V
If there is text present in Clipboard it gets pasted elsewhere . . . other than where the cursor is flashing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dilly,

Thank you for reverting on this. We are able to reproduce this issue where content is getting pasted at the top of the page is encountered only for the first time we perform paste in code-code view of the page and only via Keyboard shortcut (Ctrl+V). Issue is not encountered if Paste operation is performed via right-click context menu or Edit Menu -> Paste.

We are investigating the issue internally and as a work-around we request you to perform Paste in code-code view by either of above two options for the first time. 

Please feel free to write to us for any queries or clarifications.

Thanks,

Nayan

Dreamweaver Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have noticed that there is an issue with that in version 21 still. However, it seems to only happen where memory is in high usage. Closing Dreamweaver and clearing other applications from RAM solved it. Apparently when RAM starts to get overtaxed, that is the first thing to go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 23, 2023 Apr 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly. Issue isn't repaired yet. When editing multiple javascript files and copying/pasting code dreamweaver malfunctions. Issue is gone after reopening program. Limiting history steps (undo steps) doesn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Deleted User,

This is a very old topic from 2017!  Dreamweaver has received many, many updates since then.  😕

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's running on
windows 10 22h2 (19045.2846)
dreamweaver 21.3 (15593)
linting is on
I have not tried restoring preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In what way is it malfunctioning?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Message pops up and asks to save the document couple of times, even after saving

When I paste code it's not completely pasted or it isn't pasted at all.
Basically similar problems to those from #1 post.
I have restored preferences now and will see if problem appears. Will update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That sounds like an internal memory problem.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines