• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deprecated SB panels are back!

Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone noticed the server side panels are back in Dreamweaver 19.0 11193 Build?

Preran​, is this a mistake or is it a sign of things to come.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not have them.

2019 is supposed to auto-install extensions that existed in older versions though, so if you had reinstalled them into the previous version, they should be there in the new one as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply Jon. That could very well be the correct answer.

Not that it worried me, but in another forum (no, not that forum), someone else had complained about it not working. That's how I found out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They don't appear to be part of the base installation, unless maybe my installation isn't complete for some reason...

...but that could never happen though, right?

LOL!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Easy way to check is to create a connection script.

If it is mysql then Dw has just imported your extension from a previous version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

19 did not port my SB panels or extensions over from 17.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One never knows, they may have updated the SB's, after all in the user voice at the beginning of this year they said

Quote -

Thanks for writing in. We have fixed most of the issues with the extension and will soon be posting out a build on the Prerelease forum for you guys to try.

Although, the request to add support for MYSQLi and PHP7 has been added in our backlog and will be prioritized for future releases.

Regards,
Niharika Gupta
Adobe Dreamweaver

end quote.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pziecina  wrote

One never knows, they may have updated the SB's, after all in the user voice at the beginning of this year they said

Quote -

Thanks for writing in. We have fixed most of the issues with the extension and will soon be posting out a build on the Prerelease forum for you guys to try.

Although, the request to add support for MYSQLi and PHP7 has been added in our backlog and will be prioritized for future releases.

Regards,
Niharika Gupta
Adobe Dreamweaver

end quote.

We'll it might have been a very different story had Adobe listened and provided what was asked for, years ago, instead they are now faced with everyone jumping from a sinking ship. Can anyone rescue it from almost certain oblivion if those at Adobe continue to ignore those in a much better position to guide it forwards. At best it will die slowly unless they wise up........very very soon. Time is ticking. You would think this bit of software is currently being managed by some guy in his back bedroom, who develops apps part-time, instead of a multi-billion pound company.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

osgood_  wrote

Can anyone rescue it from almost certain oblivion if those at Adobe continue to ignore those in a much better position to guide it forwards. At best it will die slowly unless they wise up........very very soon. Time is ticking.

The question is, who is in a much better position to guide it forward?

I rule myself out, as I would make it into the VS Pro, (the standard for programers) for web development. That would take it completely out of the market for many, (if not most) current users, though it would then, (just like VS Pro) have many more visual helper features for creating layouts, menus and UI components, (even css keyframe animations).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pziecina  wrote

osgood_   wrote

Can anyone rescue it from almost certain oblivion if those at Adobe continue to ignore those in a much better position to guide it forwards. At best it will die slowly unless they wise up........very very soon. Time is ticking.

The question is, who is in a much better position to guide it forward?

I rule myself out, as I would make it into the VS Pro, (the standard for programers) for web development. That would take it completely out of the market for many, (if not most) current users, though it would then, (just like VS Pro) have many more visual helper features for creating layouts, menus and UI components, (even css keyframe animations).

True but it needs to go in one direction or another, its spent too many years in the wilderness, without much innovation of its earlier independent days shown, much of which was not down to Adobe. Once acquired it was mostly all down hill and the wheels came off, putting their faith in people who, well, were failures.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps they are worried about Wappler's growth (1000+ subscribers in just a few months) and are trying to recover the lost time in the last 10 years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

-Michele  wrote

Perhaps they are worried about Wappler's growth (1000+ subscribers in just a few months) and are trying to recover the lost time in the last 10 years.

I doubt they are worried about anything......they havent been in years despite the growth of products like Pinegrow, Wix, Webflow etc which have been around considerable longer than Wappler. Why would they start to concern themselves at this stage, that would have happened years ago if Adobe were seriously interested in competing in the web-development market, they are not, based on the evidence to date. Too many cooks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wappler is different from Pinegrow, Wix, Webflow etc... Wappler is the software that would probably have made Macromedia already several years ago if they had not been bought by the devil.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

-Michele  wrote

Wappler is different from Pinegrow, Wix, Webflow etc...

Yeah, too right - at least the other 3 use industry recognised coding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm discussing about Wappler project/idea, and I like it.
Dreamweaver was born to allow people with low programming knowledge to build a full website, including all the necessary server behaviours.

Now Adobe has completely changed its target audience (coders) and... I don't like it anymore.
I'm a UX/UI designer but sometimes I need a tool as Wappler to build something with my creativity and with "database connection" without worrying too much of the php code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats obviously an issue when you dont  'worry' too much about the code because how do you know if what your automated program is producing is any good or not. Any one that is seriously considering web development for the long term should think long term, not short term.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're lucky, you don't need Wappler/WordPress/Drupal/etc.
Unfortunately I discovered that I was better as web graphic designer rather than programming, so I decided to focus on these topics.
However, congratulations, having all the skills at the highest levels like you is not easy.

Do you have any work on the web to show us so we can see a site really well done?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its not luck, its about taking the time to learn a craft correctly assuming web development is something that one is considering as a career. If you do it puts you in a better position to adapt quickly  as things rapidly change within the industry rather than 'putting all your eggs in one basket'.

I dont have all the skills at the highest level but lve been sensible enough to have invested some time in gaining some basic skills, knowledge and understanding of what l do which l guess l would expect from anyone who wants to pursue a particular career.

Maybe things are different these days and long gone are the times when one considered a career as a long term prospect and committed to furthering ones skills rather than the here today, gone tomorrow, want it now society we seem to currently be suffering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you don't read carefully my (and others) posts (also on another forum, see last your discussion on Wappler website); about "... when one considered a career as a long term prospect..." I have a career and from 20+ years, I'm a web designer (UX/UI designer). I'm not a web developer because I don't have the skills (although over time I have acquired a good knowledge of various programming languages but not enough to consider me a coder) and this is the main reason because I used in these years Dreamweaver.
So, I repeat my question... do you have a web site built from you where can I see the code?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cant take anyone seriously who tries to inform me they are a 20 year plus ux designer/web developer who relies on a program that writes code using unconventional non recognised niche workflows.....the concerning thing is you most likely have never considered it or too ignorant to  know. From what lve read you cant even alter the action steps outside of the program as its likely to cause issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Michelle wrote: ...do you have a web site built from you where can I see the code?

osgood wrote: I cant take anyone seriously who tries to inform me they are a 20 year plus ux designer/web developer....

If that isn't a passive aggressive responsive to a question, I don't know what is.  

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course he/she won't show a website created by him/her as he/she is worried a "pizza maker" with absolutely no coding/web design/web development skills is creating better websites than him/her. Haven't you got it until now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Humm so far the websites  lve seen created in Wappler are embrassing and l personally wouldnt have the afront to even show them they are that poor, both visually and coding wise. I think thats not particularly down to Wappler, just the kind of person that gravites towards that kind of program, usually neither coders or designers, the worst of both worlds at the moment but l would hope that would change if more graphic designers jump aboard.......at the moment l have no concern to be concerned about the pizza maker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

osgood_  wrote

Humm so far the websites  lve seen created in Wappler are embrassing and l personally wouldnt have the afront to even show them they are that poor, both visually and coding wise. I think thats not particularly down to Wappler, just the kind of person that gravites towards that kind of program, usually neither coders or designers, the worst of both worlds at the moment but l would hope that would change if more graphic designers jump aboard.......at the moment l have no concern to be concerned about the pizza maker.

This is so indicative of a lilliputian mind ready to denigrate others with fallacious statements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BenPleysier  wrote

osgood_   wrote

This is so indicative of a lilliputian mind ready to denigrate others with fallacious statements.

Its an opinion based on what I have so far seen to date and not false. If you can provide links to other sites built by users of the program then please do so to justify your views. I wont post the 3 that I know of but Im sure if I did a good percentage might agree with me. I have no wish to denigrate others and have actually given praise were its due when I see the few websites which have been posted in this particular forum which I would consider to be of a professional standard visually. Its not my fault you seem to have low expections.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines