Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver CC 2017 is here! Read this post for a smooth upgrade

LEGEND ,
Nov 02, 2016 Nov 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

Masterpieces take time to be crafted, and Dreamweaver CC 2017 is no exception. There have been major upgrades to both the interface and functionality of the product in this release. And because it can quickly get overwhelming, I suggest that you get an understanding of what’s changed in Dreamweaver with this release.

If you do not see the latest version listed, click the gear icon on your CC desktop application, and select Check for app updates.

Note: Please create separate posts for questions about this release. This post is an announcement. While I am not locking it now, I will do that if this post becomes a catch-all for such questions.

Ensuring a smooth upgrade to Dreamweaver 2017

What’s new in Dreamweaver 2017

Changes to the menu organization

Changes to the Files panel

Some of the new features that I am excited about:

There’s a lot that has changed, and let us know if you need to update your favorite feature in this list.

Real time preview

Enhancements to code view including multi-cursor support

Brackets integration in Code view

Updates to the Find and Replace dialog

Auto-recovery of files

Deprecated features

Features that have been removed in Dreamweaver CC 2017

SVN support has been removed, and the team will be introducing support for Github in a future update.

System Requirements document

See System Requirements

Happy Designing!

Preran

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• forcing help videos at start up (even when the system will not play them)?
  • a reset option but no off buttion?

Screenshot (322).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preran,

I still have several customers who have sites build on classic ASP that I am managing, and I'm still working off of Dreamweaver CC version 13.2 because the versions that came after made this more difficult (managing sites done with ASP) and the old deprecated server behaviors.

In the latest Dreamweaver CC 2017, is it still possible to:

• have (or install somehow) support for classic ASP documents?
  • install the extension that enables deprecated server behaviors?

As work comes around for these older sites, I am gradually getting everyone off of classic ASP onto PHP, but there's no getting around the fact that I'll still have some ongoing work in the classic ASP language at least for the next year or two.  It's just a reality I have to deal with for the time being. I hope this is still possible in the new Dreamweaver, otherwise, I guess I'll just have to continue working off of version 13.2.

If Dreamweaver CC 2017 will not be compatible with that need, then is it possible to run both versions of Dreamweaver without any conflicts between the two residing on the same system?

Please let me know. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

There is no ASP support in the current version of Dreamweaver, and I am not sure if it is in the roadmap. You can install both versions of Dreamweaver on your computer, but you can open and work on just one version at a time.

From what I know, the Server Behavior extensions is still available with Dreamweaver.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for my English I use a translator

I have a question. You have a company has at least one programmer writing in php or js?

If there is something ask him whether it is to write even a line of code possible in the new color scheme. code highlighting not just bad, it just does not. Same as writing code in Notepad.

I tried to move color.xml from the old version to which the highlighting I used to, but it does not work. But I have met these challenges in a spoke of the beta version.

The "original formatting for js and php" great innovation, but there are problems. At some where in the world it is a standard code?

public
function {

As a result, installed version of DV 2015 if the 1-2 months the situation will not change, will have to unsubscribe from all the Adobe products in favor of other analogues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

i do like the new features and the interface however I can't seem to change the code coloring anymore in preferences - Code coloring has gone!

I find it awkward now the colours that denote certain types code have changed and I can't customise.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're on Windows, see post #9 in this thread: Code colouring in dreamweaver 2017

If have a Mac, see this thread, from post #5 and onwards: Dreamweaver 2017 code coloring on MacOS Sierra? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok brackets-teme is fine, but why do I have to perform a bunch of operations in order to make the code highlighting for php

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm guessing they didn't get a chance to integrate everything they wanted to in time for the Adobe MAX Conference that's running this week in San Diego, CA.  

I think some fixes will be rolled out in the coming weeks to address this and other issues people are having.

Nancy O.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Based on how much activity and problems there are with color coding, I think I'll wait for the next maintenance update for DW CC 2017 before testing it out. Sounds like a real mess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please fix the code coloring and allow the background color for source code to be white again. There is not enough contrast when you start with a light grey page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 21, 2016 Nov 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ray,

You can choose light code theme in Dreamweaver.

Option is available under preferences dialog > Interface category > code theme.

Hope this would help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 05, 2016 Nov 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love it! The best version of DW yet. I hope you keep on this track and keep giving us these kind of useful updates. DW was a dinosaur imo. Now it is getting very close to being my main editor. If you could bring in React Stacks that would seal the deal!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 05, 2016 Nov 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

john stephanites wrote:

I love it! The best version of DW yet. I hope you keep on this track and keep giving us these kind of useful updates. DW was a dinosaur imo. Now it is getting very close to being my main editor. If you could bring in React Stacks that would seal the deal!!!

I wholeheartedly share your sentiments. OK, there are a few bugs and personal issues still to be solved, but on the whole I also am wrapped in the direction that the Dreamweaver team is taking us.

I have been pushing to have installers like Bower, npm and Composer included with Dreamweaver. This would eliminate the need for the likes of React, Bootstrap, Yii or whatever, to be included in Dreamweaver. We can then install any framework while keeping the basic version of  Dreamweaver available for the 'purists' amongst us.

My other pet subject, that of version control, is being addressed at this moment and should be included in the next major update.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 06, 2016 Nov 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very true. After I read your post I was thinking the way that everything is changing so fast it would be hard to put stacks in that weren't obsolete the next day anyway. I saw the git integration and that is great. I would like to see some type diff file support Or do they have that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For as long as I have been using it, there's been file compare functionality, which sends the files to an external comparison tool. We're using WinMerge as the external tool but I expect you can choose any [compatible] diff tool by your own preference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be nice inside of DW and if I read your post right you say it does have it. How do you use it I would love to know it's one of those things I would like not having to leave DW to do. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In DreamWeaver CC 2015.3 (previous version before 2017) it would be like this:

1) Download a file comparison tool, like WinMerge or your preferred tool - Download WinMerge - WinMerge

2) In Dreamweaver, go to Edit > Preferences > File Compare, and browse/choose your downloaded application executable there.

3) Now you have file compare.

- If you want to compare an open, local file, you can right-click the file tab, and click Compare with Remote Server. In the file comparison tool, you can make changes, and save back to your open file, which will prompt you to reload the file when you return to dreamweaver.

- If you want to do the same to a closed file, you can right-click the file in the file tree and click Compare with Remote Server. Btw, the same should be possible against the Testing Server, if you use one.

- If you want to compare against a file in version control (no longer available in DW CC 2017) you can right click the file in the file tree, click Show Revisions... and there you can select one version to compare against your current/local file, of select two versions to compare against each other.

- In my version of DreamWeaver, it is also possible to assign a hotkey to File Compare. You will find it under Edit > Keyboard Shortcuts > Menu commands > File > Compare. Once you assign such a hotkey, this will be by far the fastest and easiest way to compare a file with the remote server, it opens instantly here.

I haven't used CC 2017 enough to know how much of this is equal there, but there's no SVN so no comparing versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2016 Nov 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very happy with DW 2017!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Warning:

Dreamweaver CC (2017) removes version control (SVN) and there's still no GIT support either. If you require integrated version control, you need to wait for GIT support in the next update. Also be aware that unlike many older versions, this update removed the previous version. So you might find yourself without any version handling, like one of our developers who rushed into installing the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did this final release remove ColdFusion coding support? My computer updated to the latest DreamWeaver CC 2017 today and now Dreamweaver doesn't seem to support ColdFusion coding hints, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From what I know, ColdFusion Markup Language is supported in this version of DW.

General information about coding in Dreamweaver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2016 Nov 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Coldfusion is not supported!, I do not know what's happening in their mind!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2016 Nov 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ridiculous

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AGHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhh

coldfusion.jpg

there is so many problems with ColdFusion coding.

1.no code color change.

2. when I use <cfif .....> and <cfelse> closing tag is </cfelse> intead of </cfif>

and so so mane other problems.

I hope there is software update in work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines