Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver CC 2017 is here! Read this post for a smooth upgrade

LEGEND ,
Nov 02, 2016 Nov 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

Masterpieces take time to be crafted, and Dreamweaver CC 2017 is no exception. There have been major upgrades to both the interface and functionality of the product in this release. And because it can quickly get overwhelming, I suggest that you get an understanding of what’s changed in Dreamweaver with this release.

If you do not see the latest version listed, click the gear icon on your CC desktop application, and select Check for app updates.

Note: Please create separate posts for questions about this release. This post is an announcement. While I am not locking it now, I will do that if this post becomes a catch-all for such questions.

Ensuring a smooth upgrade to Dreamweaver 2017

What’s new in Dreamweaver 2017

Changes to the menu organization

Changes to the Files panel

Some of the new features that I am excited about:

There’s a lot that has changed, and let us know if you need to update your favorite feature in this list.

Real time preview

Enhancements to code view including multi-cursor support

Brackets integration in Code view

Updates to the Find and Replace dialog

Auto-recovery of files

Deprecated features

Features that have been removed in Dreamweaver CC 2017

SVN support has been removed, and the team will be introducing support for Github in a future update.

System Requirements document

See System Requirements

Happy Designing!

Preran

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if anyone at Adobe cares to read or even absorb this feedback. There's been no word from the author of the article - Perhaps we've hurt his feelings.

I did PM him the other day but no answer - Maybe he's been fired.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The smoothest solution is not to upgrade. Hang on to CC 2015 or, better yet, CS6. Whoever is programming Dreamweaver has surely lost their way. And do read these:

https://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/kb/known-issues-dreamweaver-cc-2017.html

Extension installation issues in non-English versions:
https://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/kb/unable-to-install-dreamweaver-in-non-english-locales.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish your advice was the second article on the thread which I read before updating. Biiiig mistake. I love my old 2015 model.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2016 Nov 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder when that "Known Issues" article was last updated.  After reading complaints posted by others, that list should be at least twice as long.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes the internet changed and some of us can't keep up... you can still download Microsoft Frontpage for your web sites.

Have fun.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've asked before, how do I roll back? I have not time to leanr/adapt to 2017 whole different slew of issues. Didn't they learn from the Win8 debacle?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use .php to include my navigation elements, but now when I open my pages in dreamweaver, the design window doesn't show the included navigation files on the content page I am working on. How do I get the included navigation files to show when I open my content pages as they had in the old version? (Really not thrilled with this "upgrade".)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Almost everything I do is inside server-side includes and I do not have any problems viewing them inside DW  2017. 

I'm using PHP includes in .php files,

Local testing server: Wamp.

• Do you have a local testing server installed?
  • Is your testing server set-up in your site definition?
  • Are you in Design View or Live View or Real-Time Preview?

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2016 Dec 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy!

Thanks much for noticing me! I'll answer these one at a time.

• Do you have a local testing server installed?

I don't think so, but i never have and the included files always showed in previous versions. So I don't understand why something would stop working that worked in the past.

• Is your testing server set-up in your site definition?

No, again I have never set up a testing server because there was no need to. I also don't use Dreamweaver to ftp. I use Transmit instead.

• Are you in Design View or Live View or Real-Time Preview?

Split design and code, but this is the way I've always worked on my files in Dreamweaver and never had this problem.

Again, thank you!!

LEslie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you don't define your local site folder, DW can't find related files and assets.  That's a critical 1st step no matter which FTP app you use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again!

So here's my thing, I'm not doing anything different with my site files than I have in previous versions. So I'm not sure how or why the set up would be different now. I just don't understand what has changed and how to fix it.

The image shows how Dreamweaver is seeing my files on my computer.

Screen Shot 2016-12-02 at 12.37.54 PM.png

Is there something besides this? Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2016 Dec 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I, too had this problem. I didn't need anything else installed, like Wamp, to see includes in Dreamweaver 2015. Upgraded to 2017 and includes not showing. I uninstalled and went back to 2015.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish I could jut buy Dreamweaver and not RENT IT.

I bought Macromedia Dreamweaver in 2002 and it lasted until 2010 for £300. Now im paying £1000/year for crap.

So far, no docking of toolbars in a row.

No mouse scroll through local files list, just the manual slider.

Cant dock files folder to right.

Im sure, after reading what other people are saying that this is going to get much worse. We'll see.

I suspect it uses more CPU? My CPU is already maxed out... Oh I see, as part of the upgrade i also have to buy a new computer? Is that it?

Adobe are charlatans. I want to buy a stable tool and upgrade it when I feel the need, like in 2022. Your improvements  are as welcome as a something really unwelcome. I havn't even started using it yet really either. I might be surprised? LOL.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<I wish I could jut buy Dreamweaver and not RENT IT.?

If wishes were horses...  those days are long gone.

<No mouse scroll through local files list, just the manual slider.>

And keyboard arrows.

<Cant dock files folder to right.>

Change your Workspace to Standard.  The Files panel defaults to right side.

If not, reset your Workspace.

<I suspect it uses more CPU>

That's not my experience.  CPU usage is minimal on my Win10, 64 bit system.  But I keep a tight ship  by regularly defragging  drives & purging junk files.  Also, I have plenty of memory (physical and RAM).

System requirements for Dreamweaver

Nancy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If wishes are horses? Accepting rotten play is how these charaltons getaway with it.

CPU. Dont look at dreamweaverhelper.exe

You cant switch it off unless you dont mind actually using code view.

I dont want standard view. I have my own workspace.

Im not so bothered. I now accept that Dreamweaver is managed by people that really dont have the interests of users at heart. That happened a long time ago. Instead I count the days I have left on this planet and realise that its not worth getting too irate over.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What has happened to find??? I use "Find all" within current pages reasonably frequently, how it is set up now doesn't allow even remotely the same process, and is much more time consuming.

i was going to ask some questions about configuring panels, etc, so I could work out how to set it up how I like it to be laid out, but for the time being I'm just going to revert to the previous version.

Just generally though, seems like the panels don't dock to all sides (eg, the right side) like they used to - is this correct?

Mod Note:

Underlined was added to remove a profanity

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More fool me! Reinstalled DW 2015 and it experiences fatal errors that make it crash entirely - can't use it at all now. Thanks for wasting my whole morning, Adobe. *Downloads KomodoEdit*.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reinstalled DW 2015 and it experiences fatal errors that make it crash entirely - can't use it at all now.

What does your Windows Event Viewer / Mac Crash Log say is the faulting module that's causing the crashes?

LavaSoft's Web Companion is a known conflict with Adobe software.  Uninstalling LavaSoft fixes it.

Some other people in the forum have reported missing or corrupt graphics drivers/DLL files as the source of their problems.

Nancy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've not heard of LavaSoft, so it definitely wasn't that. I ran the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool this morning and I'm back in business with DW 2015. I legitimately ended up downloading KomodoEdit as an alternatively to using Notepad for the work I had to do yesterday, though - I was a bit cross about that.

But there's the ongoing issue - how long do you/can you realistically continue to use an outmoded version of a product because the new one is unsuitable? And yet those Find & replace changes for me are a complete deal breaker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would not call 2015 outmoded.  It's merely the previous version.

Outmoded is Creative Suite 6.

You can keep using any CC version you like (some people keep numerous versions) for as long as your OS supports it. 

While I'm using 2017 right now without issue, I also use Dreamweaver 2014.1 for some of the sites I maintain.  Use the right tool for the project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<opinion>

CS6 is actually our version of choice. Far better, less useless features. Fluid Grids is easier to ignore than Bootstrap. The CSS panel is far better, and it's simply a more stable tool.

</opinions>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ALsp wrote:

<opinion>

CS6 is actually our version of choice. Far better, less useless features. Fluid Grids is easier to ignore than Bootstrap. The CSS panel is far better, and it's simply a more stable tool.

</opinions>

each to their own, I like horse riding but I wouldn't try to use them in a transport business.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL, for me (and everyone else in my office) older versions of Dreamweaver have quite a bit more giddyup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2016 Dec 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I admit it took some getting to used to the changes, and there are some annoying glitches, but I can deal with that for things like multiple cursors- that rocks. But what peeves me to point of ranting is the rotten upgrade experience. So very few of the workspace settings came over that I lost a good half day to setting up the environment. And when I can restore items like the Favorites in my insert bar by simply copying and pasting from the 2015 xml file to the 2017 one, I know the lack of import was someone's choice, not due to changes in the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines