• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver CC 2017 process "node" high CPU usage

New Here ,
Nov 28, 2016 Nov 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed Dreamweaver CC 2017 on a Macbook Pro (i7, 16 GB RAM) and the process "node", which seems to be connected to Dreamwaver shows a 100 to 120% CPU usage all the time and my fan is running at high spped all the time. Has anyone a suggestion how this can be fixed? Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Thanks Jon Fritz II that is an answer - though not ideal, it would solve the problem.

I think I have found an answer that works in the current version!

I switched off "Enable Auto Compilation On File Save" in the "CSS Preprocessors" section of the Site Management screen for the current site I'm working on - and it worked!!

Screen Shot 2018-02-02 at 11.30.21 am.png

When I switch it on, node goes to above 150% and when I switch it off the Dreamweaver node process(es) go to 0%.

I hope others have the same success.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 148 Replies 148
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2017 Jun 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm so glad I found this thread.  I'm having the same issue.  The fan starts up as soon as I launch Dreamweaver and the Activity Monitor says node is at ~100% of CPU usage.  As soon as I quit Dreamweaver, the fan dies down again.

I'm running MacOS Sierra 10.12.5

8GB of Memory

Dreamweaver CC 2017.  After downloading the most recent verion, the problem is still there.

Thank you,

Tamara

Screen Shot 2017-06-16 at 12.33.06 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2017 Jun 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had this problem for a while too. Super annoying and kills my battery if I'm not plugged in.

Macbook Pro Retina 15in early 2013

10.12.5 16GB ram

DW 2017.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2017 Jun 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you find anything?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 19, 2017 Jun 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We have been trying to reproduce this issue in-house with the same MAC configurations, but in vain. So we would be requesting more help from you guys on the following pointers-

1. Is this happening consistently on your machine? Or it stops after subsequent launches of DW?

2. Are there specific files that you worked with and after that launched Dw to see this issue happening?

3. Is there a specific workflow which you did like FTP, server connection, opening some file outside of Dw, using Device Preview etc. which has resulted into this issue on you machine and is not going away?

4. Are there any background apps running which also use Node process? and that is why that process seems stuck?

We know we are asking for more from you all, but since this is affecting a lot of users now, we want to track this down as soon as possible and without your valuable inputs it won't be possible.

Thank you.

Regards,

Niharika Gupta

Adobe Dreamweaver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I shut everything down except Dreamweaver and with no documents open I was still seeing it happen. I have several sites and when I switched to a different (small and html only) site the node entry in activity monitor went away. If I switch back to the main site it comes back immediately. I still didn't have any documents open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, just having Dreamweaver open it revs up immediately. The only other program I tend to have open with it is Chrome and Filezilla, but it does it even if Dreamweaver is open by it self.

Do you want me to send in my Mac for you to look at? Ill be glad to do that for you if it can help others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi cbielich,

That's extremely considerate of you, and I much appreciate the gesture. At this stage, however, the information requested by Niharika is all that we require. The team has logged a bug for this issue and is treating it on priority.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well if your guys are stuck on the issue and want to see a live machine with the issue contact me anytime and Ill send you my laptop. I would rather have this fixed than not

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for your support but the whole of Dreamweaver Team is based out of India.

Can you share the logs as per the screenshot below when node process gets stuck on 100% and above? Also, can you create a sample of this process in the same situation and send it over.

Do you have the files on the server on a remote location? What server are you using for your FTP operations?

Regards,

Niharika Gupta

Adobe Dreamweaver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having the same issues as well.

Here is what i did to fix it....

/Applications/Adobe Dreamweaver CC 2017/Adobe Dreamweaver CC 2017.app/Contents/MacOS

rename the node file to something else. Problem goes away.

Whatever that node file is for it doesnt seem to be something I need or utilize. Smooth sailing so far!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dude I love you, that totally worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the 2017 version I discovered that creating a new file ended the excessive node CPU usage.

With 2017.5 I discovered that I sometimes need to add a few characters to the new file and then the problem goes away after a few seconds. I can close the new file without saving it and the problem remains solved, afaik. You may also need to create a second new empty file. Try combinations of these.

I hope this continues to work!

BTW, I was considering reverting to an older version of Dw but CC doesn't have that option for Dw anymore? I've used that capability in the past with Dw, and I had up to three versions installed at the same time, which I needed for a specific reason. The Adobe web page with instructions on how to to revert does not look like the current UI that I have with respect to accessing prior versions of Dw, the option isn't there.

I'm on a 2.7 GHz Mac mini (mid 2011) 10.12.5 16GB RAM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Renaming the node process is similar to killing the process, that means since Dreamweaver is using the node process for some of its functions then it would be looking around for node- which is now not there so those operations which use node will not function in Dw.

Also, renaming a process will only work in one session and won't carry forward to subsequent launches. Some of Dreamweaver's features which are affected by Node are Device Preview, CSS Preprocessor, Linting- I am sure these won't work, you might want to check.

Can you guys please try providing some inputs around the things I have asked for in the posts above.

Regards,

Niharika Gupta

Adobe Dreamweaver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is mine. I noticed a ton of my sites were listed so I changed the folder names to ********** so they were not visible.

Im curious for those of you having issues, do you use Dropbox to store your local files? I use mine so that I have versioning.

cwd

/

txt

/Applications/Adobe Dreamweaver CC 2017/Adobe Dreamweaver CC 2017.app/Contents/MacOS/node

txt

/usr/lib/dyld

txt

/Applications/Adobe Dreamweaver CC 2017/Adobe Dreamweaver CC 2017.app/Contents/Resources/node-core/services/Compilers/node_modules/node-sass/vendor/darwin-ia32-node-0.10/binding.node

txt

/private/var/db/dyld/dyld_shared_cache_i386

->0xa807a6f6632c5b6f

->0xa807a6f6632c5aaf

/dev/null

->0xa807a6f6632c532f

->0xa807a6f6632c47ef

count=2, state=0x8

->0xa807a6f6632c44ef

->0xa807a6f6632c436f

->0xa807a6f6632c592f

->0xa807a6f6632c56ef

/

/dev/urandom

localhost:52751

localhost:52751->localhost:52754

localhost:52751->localhost:52757

localhost:52751->localhost:52759

localhost:52751->localhost:52761

localhost:52751->localhost:52763

localhost:52751->localhost:52765

localhost:52751->localhost:52767

localhost:52768->localhost:51750

/Users/cbielich

/Users/cbielich/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Dreamweaver CC 2017/en_US/Configuration/Brackets/extensions

localhost:52751->localhost:52769

/Users/cbielich/Dropbox

/Users/cbielich/Dropbox/Websites

/Users/cbielich/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Dreamweaver CC 2017/en_US/Configuration/Brackets/extensions/user

/Users/cbielich/Dropbox/Websites/html

/Users/cbielich/Dropbox/Websites/html/**********

/Users/cbielich/Dropbox/Websites/html/website/**********

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI this is a very short version of my output. When I leave the node dialog box up for a little while the Dropbox lists add up A TON. They just repeat over and over. I am curious if we all are using Dropbox and that might be an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 23, 2017 Jun 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You have been really helpful, thank you for your support.

I could see that if we are loading a site from Dropbox directly and it is in autosyncing mode, then there is a spike in node CPU usage but in my case it does not get stuck. The percentage increases and comes back to zero.

Can you please tell what is the size of the site you have and the number of files? So that we can try a similar usecase with Dropbox.

Regards,

Niharika Gupta

Adobe Dreamweaver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2017 Jun 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue in last 2 versions of Dreamweaver.

It only happens when my site is not local, but on the network. I have my site on a Mac mini machine. Both machines on the same local network.

Renaming the node file worked.

Site size:

364 MB on Disk - 18,557 files

Any suggestion?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 28, 2017 Jun 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for inputs. We are working on fixing this issue, I will update this thread whenever we fix it.

Regards,

Niharika Gupta

Adobe Dreamweaver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2017 Dec 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works for me as well – CC2017 and CC2018. The problem rendered the apps totally useless.

Hopefully this gets fixed by Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 29, 2017 Jun 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you use Dropbox as a CDN or as your "Versioning" option please let us know here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2017 Jun 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do. But I have had syncing turned off while I work and the problem still persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 30, 2017 Jun 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think that syncing is the issue. I think it has something to do with the Local Site Folder and how many folders are listed. My local site folder that I point to has 28,776 Files and 5,945 Folders in it. Its 2.45 GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 12, 2017 Jul 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any new news? I have starting to resorting to notepad ++ in some instances lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We are investigating this issue at our end, we will update this thread once we have a fix in place.

Regards,

Niharika Gupta

Adobe Dreamweaver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, also please note this isn't a mac specific issue.  On windows it hits me too, I've made another thread about it. In my case I disabled the adobe cloud on startup, as a troubleshooting measure, so it seems to occur when I start dreamweaver.

Dreamweaver CC 2017 - 2017.5 build 9878 - node.exe killing my system

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines