• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver CC Crashes Constantly

Contributor ,
Jun 18, 2013 Jun 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downloaded Dreamweaver CC last night. Cannot keep it open for more than a few seconds. Noticed if I open a file, no code shows in the Code Inspector. If I click the X to close the file, DW CC crashes. Think this release came a out a bit too soon. Buggy as hell.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 134 Replies 134
Explorer ,
Jun 10, 2015 Jun 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My solution to this annoying "feature" is to go to Dreamweaver > Preferences > General (on left) > then Uncheck  "Enable Related Files."

Then, just open all your files as separate files... which is what I always do anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2015 Aug 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have so many issues with DWCC on OSX. As stated often if I flip sites, save a file, try and upload, it freezes. Its become pretty much unusable and has been for a while now. Im clearly not alone. These days its about Sublime and Brackets for me, I just cant work with DWCC, its something I open and regret, so I dont bother

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 07, 2015 Aug 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah... I used to like Dreamweaver but it's not built for the true power user. I don't think it has changed as much as my workload. I don't have problems with it if the sites I work on are relatively small — a few hundred files — but I now deal with sites that sometimes have half a million files and it's just not built for that.

Sublime and Filezilla is what I use often.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 01, 2015 Sep 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm "glad" to hear I'm not the only one having crashes. Thought I was going crazy. 8 times out of 10, DW crashes on close. 5 times out of 10, DW crashes on startup. Like right now. And I have work to do.

Windows 7 64 Bit.

Going to get rid of this BETA version garbage of DW and reinstall CS6. Ridiculous.

Don't get me started on the genius idea to take away the ability to "collapse selection".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2015 Sep 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is ridiculous, I just installed the CC trial for DW and tried all the solutions here and it still crashes when i rename a folder and it tries to update files.

My site has 914 html files and nothing fancy like CSS imports or anything like that.

I've had this happen with CS5, CC 2014 and the latest CC that I installed last night as a trial.

Seriously? And you want 60 euros a month for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 02, 2015 Sep 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah... I think Adobe's suits were URGENT to move to a subscription model to stem hemorrhaging and they pushed out an underdeveloped product.

It's a decent concept, in theory, but only if it worked perfectly (or as good as the stand alone CS product)... AND at half the price. $49 USD is too much even if it worked perfectly.

I can still use my CS5 with no issues.

I have CC at work and it's okay, but I'm not paying for it. I also have to keep my local sites small because large sites freeze DWCC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 03, 2015 Sep 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

If you have a purchased version of Dreamweaver, and continue to face problem with crashes despite the usual troubleshooting steps mentioned in this document Do-it-yourself troubleshooting kit for Adobe Dreamweaver, send me your details. We will get in touch with you for investigation. We will need your Adobe ID, location, and phone number. Click my picture and use the message option to send me this information.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2015 Nov 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When will someone actually ****in do something about this issue? I am tired of having to restart the dam program. I pay big bucks for the full suite and expect to get a product that work. This happens every time I open shitty DW. I waited 10+ minutes and nothing happen.dw crashing.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2015 Nov 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preran you were not able to solve my problem as you palmed me off to an advanced technician who asked me to preform the same tasks as I have been told to in the past and guess what?????? It STILL CRASHES ................

Do a crash dump... Do A Crash Dump......... DO A CRASH DUMP Which I did in the past and guess what???? No information was there to help solve the issue.....

Technicians say it is not OS nor APP dependant, well what is it, are you saying it is hardware related???

I have been told that I had to shut down my Firewall and/or antivirus, NOTHING CHANGES, it is not just my system (Obviously) as there are more people than me having the issues of Dreamweaver Crashing....

Adobe need to accept responsibility and FIX DREAMWEAVER!!!! IT IS APPLICATION DEPENDANT, it is ALWAYS DREAMWEAVER that is crashing yet the technicians at Adobe are too inept to find and fix the issue. 

You continually ask the user who pays big bucks for the program, to be unpaid technicians/trouble-shooters.

We are all sick and tired of Adobe ripping the user off!!! it is simple Pay decent Technicians to find and really fix the problem(s).

It seems that there are several issues as for different people, as users are performing different tasks when the program crashes.

You need to reduce the monthly subscription fees as it is not fair that we pay the full price for a problematic program.

While I do not use other programs within the suite as much as Dreamweaver, they don't or haven't crashed as much as Dreamweaver does (if at all).  So, it seems Dreamweaver is the main program that crashes.

I did a system report which contained the same information as a crash dump, yet you technician "Claimed" it was not enough information, and that only a crash dump would tell them what they needed to know, yet it hasn't in the past.

Stop making out you are trying to be helpful, and start actually being helpful - You sound like a politician - and I dislike Politicians! - You talk a lot but don't actually deal with the problems -

(You = Adobe Technicians)

You have blamed the actual HTML/CSS/JavaScript/PHP Code in the pages - No Errors Found - Still crashes

You have blamed the Antivirus Program - Antivirus is shut down - Still Crashes

You have blamed the Firewall - Firewall inactive - Still Crashes

You have blamed certain fonts - Removed all but standard windows Fonts -  Still Crashes

You have blamed Lack of Ram - RAM exceeds minimum requirements (now 16 GB) - Still Crashes

You have blamed CPU - CPU Exceeds minimum requirements (Now 3.27 Ghz) - Still Crashes

You have blamed Low HDD space - HDD Exceeds minimum requirements (344 Gb free of 465 GB 74% Free) - Still Crashes

You have asked me to re-set the Dreamweaver Preferences - Still Crashes

You have asked me to un-install and re-install Dreamweaver - clicking on do not keep preferences on un-install - Still Crashes

You have asked me to un-install and re-install the entire Suite and don't keep any settings/preferences - Still Crashes

You have asked me to do a Crash Dump in all cases yet you could not find any relevant details and - Still Crashes

I have removed all traces of Adobe in the system registry after un-installation and re-installed suite - Still Crashes

This issue has been prevalent on Versions CS6, CC, CC2014 and CC2015 - Still Crashes

This issue has been prevalent across 4 versions of Windows XP, 7, 8.1, 10 (in my case) - it also appears to be an issue on Apple Computers as well - Still Crashes

This issue has been prevalent on 4 completely different computers (in my case) 4, 8, 16Gb RAM, 1.86. 2.14, 2.67, 3.27 GHz CPUs 250, 500 GB and 1 TB HDDs - Still crashes

One of your technicians lost a great deal of data when they took control of my system - Still Crashed

Even with no other programs open/running - Still Crashes

This is a list of all the garbage Adobe Technicians have suggested (that I can remember) and guess what???? IT STILL CRASHES

If you get the impression I am angry -  you are correct with.  And I feel my anger IS justified

If you get the impression that I am being somewhat "Blunt" with my comments - again you are correct - And I feel it is justified

If you get the impression that I doubt anyone at Adobe can fix the issue with their program - correct again and guess what??? Again I am justified - It has not been fixed since CS6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2015 Nov 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All I can say is "ditto" to everything you said! I am getting more and more pissed every day. I have had to uninstall and reinstall so many times I could scream. I now use 2014, but as you, I am paying good money and can not use one of the main programs! Spent many hours on tech support - what a joke. Called more than 3 times, same joke each time. This can NOT be a system program since it does happen on different system, but rather a SOFTWARE - DID YOU HEAR ME ADOBE?!?!? SOFTWARE PROBLEM!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2015 Dec 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the problem with the whole "subscription" concept. When what is essentially an "alpha" release fails, it won't even load, I fortunately have CS6 ... so much for the subscription concept...I can't reinstall the most recent working version but have to go all the way back to CS6. NOTICE: it is the subscription model that is the fail here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2015 Dec 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would like to share my experiences with Dreamweaver crashes. Not sure if this is the same problema as many are facing, but it all started (to crash) when I started using Boostrap. As I use PHP, I was able to remove the crashes by calling the boostrap.min.css indirectly, using this:

<?php echo '<link href="css/bootstrap.min.css" rel="stylesheet">'; ?>

instead of <link href="css/bootstrap.min.css" rel="stylesheet">

Once implemented the PHP code, dreamweaver is not longer crashing. It does not solve the root cause, but at least I can work now continuosly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2015 Dec 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sounds like a great idea mc_amessegu, but there are some things to consider...

1.  Not all servers accept php, they accept standard html and asp.

2.  In my case, and in most other cases, the crashes occur while using basic HTML and basic CSS

3.  If the program crashes when using the more advanced css like bootstrap, then the PROGRAM is faulty.

We the people that pay good money should not have to "troubleshoot" for the multi-million dollar company that charges for BETA level software as if it were "Final Release" software.

The issue, for me, has been apparent across the last 4 to 5 versions of the software - CS6, CC, CC2014, CC2015, CC2015.1 - yes even the latest version crashes, 10 minutes after updating/upgrading to 2015.1 AS INSTRUCTED BY ADOBE - I fired up the program, and it crashed before it even got started, it hadn't even completed loading the UI nor the welcome page.  Adobe wants Crash Dumps on events like this but there was no crash dump, even though the crash dump function was set up by ADOBE when they had remote access of my computer.

I will repeat here what ADOBE do, they continually blame the users Computer - Lack of Ram, Lack of CPU capability, Lack of HDD space, yet my systems have all exceeded the minimum requirement.  They blamed software conflict, they blamed coding error, they blamed certain fonts, they blamed antivirus, they blamed firewalls, they even had the hide to blame windows, yet there are users that have Apple computers, and they have the same issues.

How can an error (or issue) in coding cause the program, that does not rely on HTML or CSS to actually RUN, to crash, it is not logical.  If anything a coding error will cause issues in the browser, NOT the software used to write it. I did check the code for errors in addition to using Adobe's own error checker and there were none anyway.

ADOBE will never admit that the fault is in Dreamweaver, nor will they admit that they are too inept to fix the issue.

I have had Windows xp, 7, 8, 8.1 and now 10 (both releases) and it still crashes

I have had 2.1 Ghz, 2.4Ghz, 2.8Ghz and now 3.6Ghz CPUs and it still crashes

I have had 4Gb, 6Gb, 8Gb and now 16Gb Ram and guess what IT STILL CRASHES

I have always had a minimum of 200gb SPARE HDD space, even now I have 340 Gb Free of 465gb and yep you guessed it "As Above"

I have eliminated every single crappy suggestion that ADOBE have made, hence why I call them inept.

4 years, 5 versions of Dreamweaver, 6 versions of Windows, 4 completely different computers/HDDS/CPUs/sets of RAM (all in my case) this has to point to the actual PROGRAM as being at fault.

We PAY to use the program and the we lose hours trying to use the FAULTY Program, and to add insult to injury, ADOBE get us to do their trouble shooting, and then when "SOME" issues may be fixed, they chest beat and bullshit how good they are - no credit is given to the users who actually do the troubleshooting.  To make matters worse, we cant seem to have adobe charged for the problems!

At one stage, before the subscription option was made available, ADOBE was charging Australians a minimum of 3 times more than people in the US and Europe - "Claiming" it was the "zone" we are in - what a load of BS!

The last completely trouble free Dreamweaver I used was in Studio 8 - oh wait that was before Adobe bought it out.  Macromedia  had it and it was a much more affordable product then as well without the "Penalty" of extra charges for the "Zone" we lived in.  Macromedia charged the same price across the globe.

CS3 was ok but had some minor issues but nowhere near as bad as CS6 onward - even CS4 and CS5 did not have the amount of problems that CS6 onwards had/has.

A note to ADOBE - FIX THESE GODDAM ISSUES!!!!!!

I know I sound repetitive of my earlier posts but maybe if adobe sees it they might (sarcastic cough) take notice...

We should all band together and demand a full refund for the faulty software.... who is with me here???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We should all band together and demand a full refund for the faulty software.... who is with me here???

What about the ones that do not have a problem, like me? presently on a Windows 10 machine and used DW since the late nineties, Windows '98.

A rational mind would not blame the program. A rational mind would analyse the differences in ambience between the various scenarios. A rational mind would start with a virgin machine and a bare OS, no other programs or networks. Install Dreamweaver and notice its behaviour. Then start building up to see where the problem lies. Could it be the interference of a firewall, anti virus program or perhaps just the internet connection? Many a system has come unstuck with a modified hosts file. I can keep carrying on if you like. However words do not overcome the problem, action will.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well congratulations to you for never having an issue with Dreamweaver you are lucky.. But there are thousands of people just in forums alone that have had and/or who are having issues with Dreamweaver.

None I my other programs conflict with each other, I have in fact - When I bought a BRAND NEW COMPUTER, with JUST WINDOWS installed and installed CC not even installed an antivirus, disabled firewall no extra fonts, and guess what, IT CRASHED WHEN IT STARTED UP!!!! so unless you have another possibility, I will continue to BLAME DREAMWEAVER!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's with the Aus bit. Is it Aus like in Melbourne?

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When Adobe was selling the suites outright Up To and including CS5.5 the cost to Australians was over 3 times as much as what it cost in the US and that excludes the Currency Exchange rate. -  In the US it was like about $1200 US for the suite yet in Australia it was over $3800 US and yes that was directly from the Adobe Site.  There were Educational versions which were a little cheaper, BUT you had to be enrolled in a recognised School/TAFE or University, And it was originally limited to a 12 month use period (From Memory).  Now there is subscription I believe that the cost is pretty much the same world-wide, BUT you never actually own it, and if you fail to pay the subscription it will be disabled eventually. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are 3 pages in this forum alone with people complaining about the program, I am not alone here.  You May be one of the luck ones, I do not know how you actually use Dreamweaver, whether it is for simple HTML or what BUT, It does crash a lot there are other posts in other forums that describe the same issue, even outside of Adobe, Inside Adobe, I am sure that there are Different "Discussions" regarding the same problem.

Studio 8 WAS the last totally stable version of Dreamweaver.  CS3 had a few minor glitches BUT from CS6 onwards, it was forever and is still faulty.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 14, 2015 Dec 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to clear the air around this one, and from the data we have at hadn, we have actually seen a decline in the number of crash and performance related issues in the latest releases. Crashes can occur due to various reasons including but not limited to problems with the code.

For some of the most common troubleshooting steps, see Do-it-yourself troubleshooting kit for Adobe Dreamweaver

If these do not help, and you have a purchased version of Dreamweaver CC, send me your Adobe ID, location, and phone number over a private message. We will get in touch with you for investigation.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There they go again, blaming code.  The program is supposed to run on its own code.  Totally independent of anything that is written.

If we were to write something in Microsoft Word lets say, and we made a number of typos, spelling errors, did not punctuate properly, would word crash? Short answer is NO

If we were to create a Macro in Excel that had errors the only thing that would happen is the Macro Function would halt at the error, and therefore would not work, but, the program would not actually crash.  At worse, if there was an error where there was no "end" of the function it would likely just run in a loop and would not stop.

In HTML and CSS, if we make an error, Dreamweaver highlights THAT error, be it a closing tag, a closing parenthesis, be it a closing curly bracket.  This is not the PROGRAMS code, it is NOT Dreamweaver's' Code, it is code for a website.  At worse, the website will not display properly in a browser.

I have opened ALL of my sites in a lesser function Editor, and it has never crashed, it accepts the code, it understands the code, it even highlights the errors or even warnings like "May not function in earlier versions of IE."

I have submitted my code to be tested in the W3C validator and it passed the code, I also submitted my code to one of your technicians and even they passed the code.

I understand that SOME JS MAY cause issues, but I am talking about JUST HTML and CSS (Not the more advanced HTML5).  Regardless, my code had no errors.

As for other possibilities, please enlighten ME as to what other possibilities there are Just as a reminder:

We have eliminated My Computer(s) - including RAM space, HDD Space, CPU Capabilities/speed, registry corruptions etc.

We have eliminated MY Antivirus

We have eliminated MY Firewall

We have eliminated Conflicting Programs - by starting with a fresh computer, no other programs installed (let alone running)

We have eliminated Conflicting Third party Fonts

We have looked at Crash Dumps in the past which never explained the problem

I have un-installed and re-installed the program and even the entire suite, removing all preferences and all records in the system registry, BUT a totally clean installation, on a fresh computer would eliminate any possible conflicts in the system files and the registry files

I have, started Dreamweaver off line, while I get a warning that it can't connect to the server to confirm my subscription it states that I can still use Dreamweaver and/Creative Suite.  So it runs independent of the internet connection which (IF SLOW) would not effect the smooth running.

So I am really running out of Other Causes/Reasons for the crashes.

If you have eliminated "SOME" of the causes in the later releases, it clearly confirms that the software was not tested properly BEFORE it was released. Therefore this confirms that Adobe is charging the user for "BETA" versions and NOT Final releases as it states.  We understand some minor glitches in SOME software, but not as constant, nor consistent as this issue, not across 4 to 5 versions, not across multiple operating systems.

Preran, Adobe has taken at least 4 years to solve this issue, and have failed, I personally have contributed to forwarding information that is available to me, I have followed ALL of Adobe's instructions, I have researched other methods of elimination, and it has still come to the same thing DREAMWEAVER CONTINUES TO CRASH - despite all of the "possibilities" of the cause(s) If I were to be paid by Adobe for all of the troubleshooting that I have done, I would be totally Debt Free!  I have spent hundreds and hundreds of hours trying to figure this out as Adobe has not provided me with a solution.  I have gone beyond what Adobe have advised, and I cannot solve the issue/problem.  I have eliminated everything I can from my computers that MAY cause conflict - personally if Dreamweaver is THAT "Fragile" that an issue outside of it causes it to crash then Dreamweaver is flawed.  NO other program crashes on my computer, this includes other Adobe Creative Suite software - It is CONFINED to Dreamweaver.  It is NOT a coincidence that the problem has been apparent since CS6.

The only reason why I continue to try using Dreamweaver is its functions (when it doesn't crash) in order to ensure that I don't lose my work I have to save it every line practically then continue to code, but, there is that time that when I am in the middle of another line.... it Crashes, or I go to save - it crashes, or I do a save in the CSS, and attempt to go back the the HTML and???????? it crashes - again these are very simple, basic sites, not even a responsive site, no real technical functions, No JavaScript, Just pure and simple - error free - HTML and CSS.

So Tell me Preran, what else can you blame from my end as being the cause???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preran, you and I have had a lot of discussion about this you know who I am, you know I am subscribing to CC, you know I am paying $50 per month to use this substandard software, so stop asking me for my ID details, you already have them!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 16, 2015 Dec 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Keith,

My apologies. I looked up your case number, and your case is under investigation. We request your patience until we get back to you.

We aren't blaming anything here. Our future course of action will depend on the results of the investigation.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 20, 2016 Jan 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've experienced frequent, permanent freezing of DW CC 2015 on the splash screen as it loads up. I have a brand new PC with Windows 10. DW has been driving me mad for weeks, although I had experienced the same issue on my older Windows 7 machine on and off for a year. There's clearly a design flaw in DW which causes this.

The latest "fiddle" that fixes this issue for me is creating a new Windows user account and logging in with that. I then load up DW. After it loads, quit and then log out of Windows. I log in again using my original Windows account and DW should load properly now without freezing.

I have no doubt this is a temporary fix but I hope this tip can help unstick others, if only for a while.

Gary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2016 Feb 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fixed it for me too! Thanks for the tip. Much better to try this first than erasing all preferences and settings like recommended by support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2015 Dec 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since over a week NOW... !

After recent up-dates (Apple & Adobe) Dreamweaver CC 2015 is still freezing after several attempts to solve this problem !!!!  HELP ADOBE what's going on again... ! 

Working on :

iMacATIF.png

Ticket report # 0187286925

Treated by Sébastien @ Support Adobe

________________________________________________________________________________

"NEW" EVENT 26/01/2016 :

After testing all kinds of things, I came up with this one solution that has started to work for me ;

I CLEANED-UP MY "MAIN" WEBSITE FOLDER (it has over 3Go of files!) and SETUP a New folder in Dreamweaver CC 2015. This New folder is about 1.4Go, containing ONLY ALL my used html, php, jpeg, png, pdf & zip files.

I also CLEANED-UP my Javascript/CSS folders (had to many old stuff in there !).

FOR THE MOMENT.... EVEYTHING IS WORKING JUST FINE !!!!  Keep my fingers crossed...  😉

Observation : I think the New Dreamweaver CC 2015 doesn't like BIG folders with too many stuff inside !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines