• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver CC Crashes Constantly

Contributor ,
Jun 18, 2013 Jun 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downloaded Dreamweaver CC last night. Cannot keep it open for more than a few seconds. Noticed if I open a file, no code shows in the Code Inspector. If I click the X to close the file, DW CC crashes. Think this release came a out a bit too soon. Buggy as hell.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 134 Replies 134
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2016 Jan 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW -- Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 22, 2016 Apr 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI - there's another thread on this: Why does Dreamweaver CC keep crashing!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That thread does not cover this really. This is different. It is not constantly crashing, and not responding. It ONLY crashes under exact circumstances and specific windows open etc. as explained. I think Jon also is showing that it does happen if you have this scenario.

PS: Jon, I do make my own work spaces as well. but since I have re-installed DW, and also worked with Adobe deleting cache etc etc.

all my personal workspaces are gone. So I am just showing you that even with the Default workspace and follow the steps, it crashes every time. It certainly is not my machine, my Windows or my install. It is a problem with Dreamweaver. Like you said earlier, I guess it is a bug... but this bug has taken up tons of time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can save your workspaces to a separate folder before deleting preferences if you want to save them. I do the same thing with my custom Snippets folder. Go to...

C: > Users > (username) > AppData > Roaming > Adobe > Dreamweaver CC 2015 > (language) > Configuration

Make a copy of the Workspace folder (or just the named workspace .xml files you want to keep). You can do the same with the Snippets folder too.

Then, after you restore the prefs, you drop them back into the Configuration folder. Saves a ton of time on reorganizing things after DW bombs beyond workarounds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2016 Aug 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Half the time i can't even get DW to open.  It just sits there and spins, and usually crashes. 
When it does open, sometimes after 20 minutes, i can only work for an hour or so, then the code starts to rewrite itself if i hit undo.
I mean it literally takes bits of code and randomly distributes it around the areas that are undone.

CC is garbage.  I hate renting software and having to be connected to the internet to access MY files.

This problem has been ongoing for me for about 2 years.  Ive all but stopped using Nightmareweaver.

I cant' wait until i retire and don't have to deal with cloud-based file hostage takers.  I like to be in possession and control of my property.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which operating system do you have?

Is JAVA installed on your system?

Are you working with files on your local hard drive?

I hate renting software and having to be connected to the internet to access MY files.

That's a myth.  You DO NOT need to be online to access your work files if you store them on your local hard drive.  When traveling, I can work with CC and be disconnected from the Internet for several weeks.  It's not cloud based software, you know.  Creative Cloud is a  payment model.

Nancy O.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depending on the version of DW that you're using, the crazy Undo behavior you're seeing may be "how it works". For some reason, Adobe decided to make the Undo action work "across all modified documents" meaning if you make 8 changes over 3 documents, undoing will go in the order the changes were made, across all of the document changed rather than the more typical "undo in current document" that you, and pretty much the rest of the planet, were used to. It was a mistake that Adobe did fix and only lasted for a short time (I think 2014.1 and 2015.0).

Look in your preferences to see if you have the following setting, and if you do, make sure the box is checked and the "undo across all documents" will be a faint memory (it really was a terrible idea)...

Edit > Preferences > General > Limit undo actions to the active document

As for your other gripes, as Nancy mentioned, they appear to be based on some bad info about what the Creative Cloud actually is. While you do pay monthly or annually to keep the program active, the programs are not stored "in the cloud". Internet access is only required periodically for the programs to see if you have a valid subscription. The programs themselves are installed on your machine and the files you create with them are stored wherever it is you want to store them.

Software as a service is never going "back in the box". The gaming industry showed it was a viable delivery/payment method and pretty much all software manufacturers are moving in that direction. I would be surprised in the extreme to see the old perpetual licensing model last another 10 years on just about any level.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2016 Sep 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My files as in the program that i purchased. 

"Internet access is only required periodically for the programs to see if you have a valid subscription."

Yea, what if i'm not online and its time for validation?  Opps, can't access the program.

I don't like service subscriptions for that exact reason. Im not always online, but i always want access to my tools.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 07, 2016 Sep 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea, what if i'm not online and its time for validation?

You have plenty of opportunities to verify your subscription.  Military and Naval personnel don't seem to have any problems with it  .  Nor should you.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 31, 2017 May 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

DW 2017 is the crashiest POS I have ever dealt with.

This has been an issue since at least 2013? Way to handle issues, Team Adobe.

When I open files from the command context menu, simple HTML files, the programs locks up and I have to force close!

If I just open DW, create a new file and paste in the HTML from the file I am trying to open, no problem...

If I just open DW, and open a recent file? Lock-up city. How can any busy professional work with such a flawed, time wasting program? How much do we get to pay every month for this handy convenience, again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines