Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver CC slow typing performance [ awfully slow ]

Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2013 Sep 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I updated my Dreamweaver CC last week trough the cloud, and all of a sudden Dreamweaver feels slow and i cant even see the characters i am typing in realtime.

For a programmer , needing Dreamweaver on a daily base, this is rather annoying.

The code is 8000+ lines long, but it all went well before the update. I tried smaller scripts ( 2000+ and 5000+ lines ) and it behaves the same.

I tried a empty document and it does lag slightly ( even if there is no code ) as well.

Please do somoething about this, as it is a no go for my company. We have 4 other guys that are experiencing the same problem and mind you, we are all paying our CC monthly fee.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Dec 17, 2013 Dec 17, 2013

Hi ,

We are happy to inform you that DW's next update is made available today. This update has a fix for the slow typing issues in DW  Please install & let us know your thoughts

Code View performance improvements

The following bugs are fixed to improve the Dreamweaver performance in Code View:

• Typing gets progressively slow as the number of lines of code increases.
  • Cursor (IP) disappears while typing and navigating in Code View.
  • Dreamweaver Crashes on closing a tag by entering </ in Code

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 186 Replies 186
Explorer ,
Apr 13, 2016 Apr 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

axer.ekmal's suggestion worked for me.  I never had the issue until I began working with a template I bought.  It had a lot of libraries and stuff in it which I think slowed DW down with code hinting and sync etc.  Doing your suggested changes and disabling code highlighting fixed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2013 Oct 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was there ever a solution for this?? My problem started immediately after upgrading to Mavericks. Please advise!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2013 Oct 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any solutions yet? This is really inconvenient! Any help would be welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2013 Nov 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have rung over 5 times now and still no responce to my tickets and also speaking to technical spoort on many trys i am going to seek legal advice for loss of business and to get back the money they have been charging me for the software that dosnt work.

also i would sugest that everyone rings support and complain and ask for the months that they have had this issue that they refund you the amount of your subscription i have it in writting that they will put that in a request to get the months charges back i am really sick of the run around from Adobe with the support staff promisisng but not delivering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2013 Oct 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And another one for your list.  Same thing happening to me since before and after Mavericks.  Have tried a re-install and all of the things in this thread but so far no fix.

It is happening on both a Late 2009 iMac and a Late 2011 MacBook Pro.  Both with Dreamweaver CC 13.1 Build 6443 and Mavericks 10.9.0 Build 19A603

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

We are happy to inform you that DW's next update is made available today. This update has a fix for the slow typing issues in DW  Please install & let us know your thoughts

Code View performance improvements

The following bugs are fixed to improve the Dreamweaver performance in Code View:

• Typing gets progressively slow as the number of lines of code increases.
  • Cursor (IP) disappears while typing and navigating in Code View.
  • Dreamweaver Crashes on closing a tag by entering </ in Code View.
  • Change the default keyboard shortcut for CTRL+LEFT to ALT+LEFT and CTRL+RIGHT to ALT+RIGHT and vice-versa.
  • On Mac 10.9, Dreamweaver crashes while selecting a file in File Dialog for Insert Image.
  • Dreamweaver displays a syntax error even if the PHP code is valid.

Also have a look at

What's New in Dreamweaver 13.2: http://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/using/whats-new-dreamweaver-13-2.ht ml

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

finally we can work again but now when i try and download the new version it dosnt matter what i do it says there is no new version to download to see if the issue is really fixed that we reported over 4 months ago.

how can i get the new version.

I have gone into dreamweaver and clicked on help -> updates and it says there are no updates.

I have done into creative cloud app and checked for updates and there are no updates.

I am lost now am getting the same thing on all computers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kcmediasolution :  Have you tried relaunching CC and DW ?? You can also restore the preferences once and try it out  http://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/kb/restore-preferences-dreamweaver-cs4-cs5.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2013 Dec 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's really improved...

but I notice a lot of lags, yet

in ftp browser...

with code autocompletion...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2013 Dec 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. The typing issue appears to be resolved, which finally makes dreamweaver useable again, and the files now open quickly enough.

The file browser however (including the local one) is still very slow to scroll and jumpy/laggy, so whilst dreamweaver is now fine for editing files, finding them is still a bit more hassle than it should be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 29, 2013 Dec 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

still having issues.  dw is still using mad cpu.  see this post.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5953915#5953915

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2014 Jan 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well DW was running better guess what the latest update they put out the other day has caused DW to open files up very slow again, it can take up to 60sec to open a 12kb php file.

this is crazy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2013 Oct 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys! It's October now. Has there been any fixes? Suggestions, anything?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2013 Oct 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have cancelled my creative cloud membership.  I did have to argue a little bit to convince them that I shouldn't be charged 50% of my remaining annual subscription, but in the end they agreed with me.  In general, I feel like Adobe makes exceptional software, but I feel like they really dropped the ball on this one.  I appreciate that they worked with me on this, and there is a very good chance that I will subscribe at some point in the future.  Right now I'm doing mostly web development though, and being unable to use Dreamweaver, this subscription just doesn't make sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2013 Nov 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the natives are getting restless here... Has any one got a viable solution or is it time to just switch to aptana? I am in bootstrap css all day and waiting for DW CC to catch up to my already slow typing is really costing my company time which equates to money. The idea of subscription based software is that bug fixes can be made and distributed much faster than physical copies. Adobe has known of this issue for nearly 2 months and there are no updates in todays update release and no work arounds to speak of (other than keep your css to 500 lines or less).... Realy??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 07, 2013 Nov 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this issue with large style sheets.

Adobe, please give us some kind of update on this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2013 Nov 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After 2 months, still no solution?!

I have the same problem under osX 10.6.8 - DW CC 13.1 Build 6443.

The CPU activity of DW is normally around 6% but when I move the text cursor with the arrow keys, DW uses 50-60% of the CPU...

Even with all the said options disabled.

My temporary solution is to work with DW CS6 (you can download it on Creative.adobe.com in DW product page) and wait...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2015 May 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did just send you my contact info.  I also just created a youtube of how long it's taking this morning to even respond to clicking "new" for a page.

Took over 90 seconds.      I've reset the computer and had it run faster for a while and then back in slow mode.   I've had it happen with other site development.  This particular site is very basic.

Feel free to watch the video.

5/20/2015 10:34:38 AM - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2013 Oct 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add me to the list. DreamweaverCC annoyingly lags when both typing and highlighting code. I'm moving back to CS until this is resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 12, 2013 Sep 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on my css bootstrap file.

I have a large application lag spike when I first open DW, then when I open the file and begin to edit by either selecting lines or either by typing. This will go away after a few selections but will randomly come back when I start typing in new lines or click on a menu option, then the lag comes back.

Menu option, preference takes a few seconds to load.

I have deselected the options suggested above without any affect.

If I work on larger documents the same results magnify.

Build 13.1 6443

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may be related and something for the Dreamweaver team to note.

I use ctrl-(left arrow) and ctrl-(right arrow) a lot to move my cursor around. I've noticed that, since the update, using these keyboard shortcuts take me to the beginning and end of a line instead of the beginning of the previous or next word as they do in most/all other applications. I didn't see any configuration options related to this but I will admit that I didn't look very hard considering the other issues described above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a quick follow-up to my last post: it looks like alt-(left arrow) and alt-(right arrow) now accomplish this functionality within Dreamweaver. I didn't notice it at first with the cursor lag but at least it's here for anyone searching. I'd still like to revert this back to ctrl (or reverse the ctrl and alt keys).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2013 Sep 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Anyone found a way to fix this?

Havent been able to work on clients sites for two days now cause its impossible to work on sites that use .js or Jquery 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2013 Sep 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2013 Sep 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problems.too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines