Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver CC slow typing performance [ awfully slow ]

Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2013 Sep 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I updated my Dreamweaver CC last week trough the cloud, and all of a sudden Dreamweaver feels slow and i cant even see the characters i am typing in realtime.

For a programmer , needing Dreamweaver on a daily base, this is rather annoying.

The code is 8000+ lines long, but it all went well before the update. I tried smaller scripts ( 2000+ and 5000+ lines ) and it behaves the same.

I tried a empty document and it does lag slightly ( even if there is no code ) as well.

Please do somoething about this, as it is a no go for my company. We have 4 other guys that are experiencing the same problem and mind you, we are all paying our CC monthly fee.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Dec 17, 2013 Dec 17, 2013

Hi ,

We are happy to inform you that DW's next update is made available today. This update has a fix for the slow typing issues in DW  Please install & let us know your thoughts

Code View performance improvements

The following bugs are fixed to improve the Dreamweaver performance in Code View:

• Typing gets progressively slow as the number of lines of code increases.
  • Cursor (IP) disappears while typing and navigating in Code View.
  • Dreamweaver Crashes on closing a tag by entering </ in Code

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 186 Replies 186
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2013 Sep 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah me too.. I also having this problem and I already did everything as advice above but seems no luck at all..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2013 Sep 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone found a way to fix this?

It's almost impossible to work in Dreamweaver now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2013 Oct 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add me to the list! I am having the exact same issues! I saw in another string that someone suggested it only happens when the CSS Design panel is open, but I've closed that (which is very inconvenient for my work!), and I've unchecked the preferences stuff above, but I'm STILL having issues after re-starting the software. I have uninstalled and re-installed the software three times now with no results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2013 Oct 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add me to that list. Running fully loaded 2013 Macbook Pro and it still lags on typing and switching between files. Reinstalled CS5, ran the same code and had no problem. Really, really frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2013 Oct 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am paying over $50/mo for a suite of software where I use Dreamweaver about 90% of the time, Photoshop, 9% of the time and Illustrator the other 1% for eight hours per day, but my Dreamweaver is totally unusable due to this problem. That seems like $45/mo that I'm totally wasting!

Please! We need results, and fast!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2013 Oct 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

90% of payment should be refunded.

I obtain neither the satisfactory product nor the satisfied answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2013 Nov 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found that it does not slow down at all when I am typing in an HTML doc, but is horrendously slow when I am typing in a .css file... Any fixes yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2013 Nov 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not having any of these issues and I'm on ver. 13.1 Build 6443.

I've tested (html, css, php, js) files with over 10,000 lines of code in each.

Video GPU: NVIDIA Quadro K5000

OS HD: OCZ RevoDrive 3 X2 series 960GB PCIe x4 MLC

OS NameMicrosoft Windows 7 Ultimate
Version6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
Other OS Description Not Available
OS ManufacturerMicrosoft Corporation
System NameVIDEO
System ManufacturerASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
System ModelZ9PE-D8 WS
System Typex64-based PC
ProcessorIntel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2640 0 @ 2.50GHz, 2501 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)
ProcessorIntel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2640 0 @ 2.50GHz, 2501 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/DateAmerican Megatrends Inc. 3109, 9/14/2012
SMBIOS Version2.7
Windows DirectoryC:\Windows
System DirectoryC:\Windows\system32
Boot Device\Device\HarddiskVolume1
LocaleUnited States
Hardware Abstraction LayerVersion = "6.1.7601.17514"
User NameVIDEO\
Time ZoneCentral Standard Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM)64.0 GB
Total Physical Memory64.0 GB
Available Physical Memory48.9 GB
Total Virtual Memory64.9 GB
Available Virtual Memory45.3 GB
Page File Space1.00 GB
Page FileC:\pagefile.sys

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2013 Nov 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the only solution that i found is to use older version of  dreamweaver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2013 Nov 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Running Mavericks on a Mac. Typing is so slow that Dreamweaver is completely unusable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2013 Nov 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

problem seems to be getting worse everyday...

used to only happen when i'm editing javascript files, now all types are slow when i try to type or select.

tried the prev suggestions, no effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 18, 2013 Nov 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys,

First of all ,my heartfelt apologies for the lags in performance in Code View .I know how it feels .

As I already mentioned in my previous posts we are aware of this issue and are actively working on it .

Please wait until the next update is available, which should hopefully fix a bunch of issues .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2013 Dec 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is really awful.

I just made the creative cloud subscription, dreamweaver is one of my main tools at it is unusable with this bug.

When is a fix expected??

Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2013 Dec 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The whole Dreamweaver CC is horrible slow. File saving, opening, scrolling. It takes 10-20 Seconds to open a php file. Opening or closing multiples files is a nightmare.

The creative cloud membership is not worth if you already own CS6. I will not extend the membership if Adobe is not taking take on us customers and delivers an update asap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 12, 2013 Dec 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This post is nearly a month old so I'm wondering if any solution has been forthcoming as I'm still having the same trouble, it's driving me mad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been dealing with similar issues for some time.  See my other posts below.  These are months old with no  fix.

I've actually moved over to NetBeans temporarily and I like it much better.  It's WAY ahead of Dreamweaver in almost every aspect (and this is free software). 

Feel like Dreamweaver has been mostly the same since the Macromedia Dreamweaver MX days.  New features seem to be getting dumped on top of a ten year old framework and nothing really works that well.  Editing is slow & laggy, File browser is slow & laggy, and Live View is so slow and unresponsive it's worthless (faster to just use a browser).  Feel like the entire app needs a rewrite from scratch.  Adobe, please make it right!

Dreamweaver CC 100% CPU Problem on Mac

Choppy and laggy scrolling in Filebrowser (CC)

cpu spikes & lag in code view while using the css designer panel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 Netbeans! Which, btw, also includes full version control (even local, keeping track of all your changes in any file and every single change is reversable - like a time machine) and Netbeans offers full PHP debugging which is essential for slightly more complex projects. And it supports most css/js/html/php frameworks out of the box and adds them automatically to your projects.

It is also far more configurable than DW. DW is an editor, NB is a fully fledged IDE - quite the difference. And the Chrome<->NB connector works great now, offering much the same css inspector functionality as DW.

tyrell corp. wrote:

I've been dealing with similar issues for some time.  See my other posts below.  These are months old with no  fix.

I've actually moved over to NetBeans temporarily and I like it much better.  It's WAY ahead of Dreamweaver in almost every aspect (and this is free software). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I only really work on PHP / HTML / JS / CSS, so I'm not really using all of the full-blown IDE features, but even just for this it's impressive!  Lots of cool, useful features!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2014 Jan 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently working with Version 13.2 Build 6462 and I'm happy to say that it seems all problems with typing lag and file opening have been resolved. Dreamweaver seems to be working perfectly for me now on both the computers I have it running on. Thank you for whatever changes you made that fixed this for me! Dreamweaver previously had been useless to me, and I had gone back to CS6 for awhile. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2013 Nov 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got the update for DW today version 13.1 build 6443 and now I'm suffering from the same issue. Completely unusable. I guess it's time to uninstall and reinstall and not update again. Doesn't look promising when the issue has been reported 2½ months ago and is still unsolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2013 Dec 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the code editor lag as well, but only on Dreamweaver CC on Mac OSX (I'm running v10.6.8).  I still have CS6 on the same machine and Dreamweaver CS6 doesn't suffer from the lag.  I also have Dreamweaver CC on my Windows 7 PC at home and it doesn't have the lag either.

Another thing I've noticed is that I can't do Cmd + Shift + ← or Cmd + Shift + → to select words or groups of words any more in Dreamweaver CC on Mac OSX 10.6.8. Similarly, Cmd + ← and Cmd + → jump to the end or beginning of a line rather than to the next word as in CS6 (and as in every other text program).  This is one of those seemingly tiny things that makes a huge difference to someone who uses these shortcuts a thousand times a day without even thinking about it.

This makes Dreamweaver CC essentially untenable for me on my work Mac.  I'm using CS6 until these issues are resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2013 Dec 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still having the same problems as above. I've spent over an hour messing around with things as advised by support with no resolution - Adobe, please could you let us know what you are doing about this issue, making a website has never been so stressful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2013 Dec 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem for me. Really? A problem this bad and it's been known for at least 3 months? Ridiculous

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2013 Dec 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem for me too

three months and no solutions????

I think this is really incredible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2013 Dec 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found this on apple forum

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5578836

they say the problem was due to adobe air, and they say to remove it.

I've tried updating air to the last version instead.

and dreamweaver performances seem going better.

give a try. it seems working fine, now

and I've discovered an other thgn that make dreamweaver awfully slow

read this http://www.goingape.com/go/forums.adobe.com/thread/1312642

it is due to creative cloud app running in background and shown on menu bar. turn  off this, and you will notice another speed increase of dreamweaver.

I don't realize why adobe doesn't say these things.

3 months whitout any solutions to this issue (???)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines